• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I am tired..................

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

A guy posted this on the AJC Hawks Basketball site by Michael Cunningham and his article on the extension for LD. This about sums it up for a lot of Hawks fans. I am tired of the poor ownership. I am tired of the horrible management. I am tired of the 2nd rate coaching. I am tired of JJ’s iso, Josh’s bone headed plays and constant complaining and poor leadership. I am tired of JJ’s contract and it has barely started. I am tired of being the most hopeless team in the NBA. I am tired of the horrible draft decisions. I am tired of selling draft picks for nothing. I am tired of trading for exceptions that are not meant to be used. I am tired of drafting the Pape Sy’s of the world. I am tired of having to read the AJC’s articles trying to give up information on the Keith Bensons of the world. I am tired of having a coach that not one NBA ref listens to (compare him to Doc Rivers). I am tired of watching Teague defer the ball to JJ who can barely dribble the ball up the court in 24 seconds much less break down a defense. I am tire of being a 2nd rate franchise on our best day. I am tired of having to pull for a team whose most expensive player’s biggest and most used word is “man” (I, you know, man, like you know man, we need to pass the ball, man).What is ONE reason for optimism?

Al Horford elite PnR ability. Joe Johnson being a perfect Robin. The hopes that we can put together a team with the pieces to become elite. As it stands, this team has been hopeless for three years.

• Premium Member

Al Horford elite PnR ability. Joe Johnson being a perfect Robin. The hopes that we can put together a team with the pieces to become elite. As it stands, this team has been hopeless for three years.

We all know there will be no moves made this offseason. It is pointless to identigy anything that needs adjustment. We probably will not be able to sign Pargo and Willie Green to minimum deals because another team will come in and pay a few more dollars for their services.I dont know how anybody in the Hawks organization can go out into public, I would be so damned embarrased.Those around the league just smile and roll their eyes when the Hawks come up. The Hawks are known around the league as "how not to build a NBA franchise." Edited by Vol4ever

Lukewarm. That's us. Neither hot or cold. Good enough to make the playoffs,as we have observed year after year. And, sadly, we're not going to change.No one really likes luke warm.Try drinking a cup of coffee that is just luke warm and not hot. Not too good, is it.Likewise, think of a luke warm glass of what was supposed to be iced tea. Ugh. We, the Hawks, are good enough to not be terrible. We are not good enoughto be great. The luke warm Hawks.If nothing big happens, we make the playoffs next season. Then, we fall on our face.Two all stars, a wanna be all star and an up and coming PG. A coach that fits thedescription of the team - - Luke warm. Not bad and not great.GO DREAM!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Since we all think Hawks everyday we are going to be disappointed with anything that isn't change. Change is a reason to watch and see. Keeping the same is boring. We know what all these guys do and we've been disappointed. That said, change can be disaster too and when you hire a guy for the purpose of improving the offense, improving the defense, winning in the playoffs and he does all those things its pretty hard not to at least pick up his option. I'm surprised he's not looking for an extension. Its pretty hard for me to say we should have beat the celtics with Smoove, Horford, and Zaza all out or ailing. Not to mention the bs that is nba officiating.

• Premium Member

Optimism is highly overrated. I choose to be perpetually pessimistic about things in general.

Believe me, I think alot of us is saying that statement in unison but I get back to that later.First of all, a short story, me and my dad(a very big basketball fan) talk about the Hawks weekend and he told me something that really got me thinking about this. He said "Those (Hawks) owners are business owners as well, so why do they want their product to be some distute like that?" If i was a owner I would do the best I can even if I did take losses and regret.That really hits me in the jaw, because the ASG is business owners to different companies as well or before they even brought this team. They know that if their business is failing and they are losing alot of customers, respect and money. They will make siginicant changes to right the ship as soon as possible. But they dont the same thing for the Hawks, I think they make too many excuse for this team. Heck, you can tell, that everybody is tired of the same thing over and over. No offense to Larry Drew but if those guys didnt listen to you this year, they would probably do the same thing next year, Hawks will keep losing fans, money and respect (We are the least respect team in the NBA right now right beside Bobcats and attendence wise too). I think that ASG needs to sell and somebody (NBA) pressure them to do it because they know when they started losein STO and not getting them back, they will lose more money then they will have to realize that this team needs to change for better/worst or ASG are going to be left with just change......in their pockets.

Edited by NekiEcko

Lukewarm. That's us. Neither hot or cold. Good enough to make the playoffs,as we have observed year after year. And, sadly, we're not going to change.No one really likes luke warm.Try drinking a cup of coffee that is just luke warm and not hot. Not too good, is it.Likewise, think of a luke warm glass of what was supposed to be iced tea. Ugh. We, the Hawks, are good enough to not be terrible. We are not good enoughto be great. The luke warm Hawks.If nothing big happens, we make the playoffs next season. Then, we fall on our face.Two all stars, a wanna be all star and an up and coming PG. A coach that fits thedescription of the team - - Luke warm. Not bad and not great.GO DREAM!!

We all know what the Bible says about being lukewarm right? If you don't, I think it's a great approach. It says you should either be hot or cold. If you're lukewarm, God will spit you out of His mouth. A team either has to be trying aggressively to win it all or rebuilding. You shouldn't be content with mediocrity. I love this team, but at the same time, I realize this is not a team that is built to win a championship. Could changes be made to do just that? Sure, but do the powers that be have the cajones needed to take that chance?
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

The only hope for optimism I have for this franchise is selling to new owners. I think failing that the A$G will simply roll out the same core next year with different vet. min. contracts and then watch as Josh walks away as a free agent.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Its obvious this team is still on the market. ASG knows that Drew did a good job and they've got no one better willing to replace him. The Hawks are a pretty solid team and a pretty lousy business. I believe its a lousy business because the owners don't know what they are doing. This is the kind of business you want to buy. You don't want to buy something that the owners have been running perfectly and making maximum profit. You want something that isn't at its potential so you can get it at a good price and make more money than it was making before.

I actually think the Hawks over-achieved during the regular season, so returning Drew was a reasaonble choice. Plus the rumor that Portland wanted to interview him made him look better.As for the overall point, the Hawks have actually gotten better in a sort of odd way. While they used to draft guys who could barely make the team (see Cal Bowlder, et al) or picked guys way too high (see Acie Law and Sheldon Williams) lately they have picked up a few guys (Teague and old what's his name) that at least were worthy of thier draft spot. And they did pick up some vet mins that could actually contribute. And they hire two guys (Woody and Drew) who at least are NBA calibre coaches, even if not top rate. Compare that to the Lon Kruger era. So this means that they are doing average - and as compared to turribie that's an improvement. Anyway, this is now the time of year I don't really care who wins the playoffs. My team is not in it, so I don't care. (I wouldn't mind seeing Indy knock off the Heat, however.)