• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is this what we have come to?

KB21

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/2012/5/25/3042337/dwight-howard-trade-rumors-nba-magicSo, let me get this straight. The new GM of the Magic will have to sit down and discuss his vision for the team with Dwight Howard and then make a decision on what to do with him based on his response?Is this what the NBA has come to? Has the AAU racket pampered these players so much that they feel they should be able to make the decisions for the team that pays them tons of money to play basketball.You know, I have always been smitten with the idea of having Josh Smith and Dwight Howard together in Atlanta, but I do not like the way Dwight has approached this situation. He's doing this just like other pampered athletes have done such as Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James.

Once the first nine years is over after a player has been drafted it is exactly what we have come to. I just hope the new CBA did not screw that up as well.I do understand the players perspective, if Orlando cannot get it together having Howard for 9 seasons should he really expect them to be able to do so with another 6?The flip side is the Magic should be able to get some compensation for him. I do think that but who can blame Howard for wanting out of there after nine seasons and only one trip to the show?

Edited by Buzzard

Once the first nine years is over after a player has been drafted it is exactly what we have come to. I just hope the new CBA did not screw that up as well.

I do understand the players perspective, if Orlando cannot get it together having Howard for 9 seasons should he really expect them to be able to do so with another 6?

The flip side is the Magic should be able to get some compensation for him. I do think that but who can blame Howard for wanting out of there after nine seasons and only one trip to the show?

I never really understood why they did away with the "compensation" aspect of free agent signings. It seemed fair to me.

• Premium Member

I don't understand the problem here. Why should players give management assurances? It would be nice if the player gave the team a heads up on his intentions, but he should not be vilified for not doing so.D12 however is different story. He would have been better off making a decision and staying with it. So either say nothing or stick by what you say.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

When your franchise needs you more than you need them, you get to be involved some of those decisions. The Lakers talk to Kobe before they make almost any of their roster moves. The Cavs did that with LeBron, and I'm sure it happened in the Jordan era, but we didn't hear about it as much.

When your franchise needs you more than you need them, you get to be involved some of those decisions. The Lakers talk to Kobe before they make almost any of their roster moves. The Cavs did that with LeBron, and I'm sure it happened in the Jordan era, but we didn't hear about it as much.

But players are idiots most of the time as well. Kobe wanted Bynum gone years ago for an already well past his prime Jason Kidd now they went ahead and hired Mike Brown without his input. Lebron was responsible for Cleveland hampering their cap trying to find vets to fit him and resigning his good buddies like Varejao to ridiculous contracts. The worst of it was when he didn't want JJ Hickson involved in a deal for Amar'e. For Jordan it's rather famous that he didn't think much of or simply hated the trade that got them Scottie Pippen. As GM you have to see the bigger picture when it comes to building a team, players simply can't or refuse to look that far. Their priorities are more about being comfortable in a city they like, playing with guys they like, and being paid what they like. That doesn't bode well if you are basing the entirety of the team's decision on them. Sure their input is appreciated and it'll be good to inform them on possible moves the team is looking at but at the end of the day all decisions should rest with the brass.
  • Like 1

It makes me love Kevin Durant and Tim Duncan with their mall town teams all the more. I hope that whichever team wins the West beats up on Lebron and the Heat in the Finals.

Tim was about to leave for Orlando but changed his mind. OKC is loaded, if Orlando was loaded, Dwight wouldn't go no where. That team is Dwight away from 12-70.
  • Like 1