• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Wins Home Opener

Gray Mule

With 6,800 in attendance, the Atlanta Dream won their home opener

against the New York Liberty, 100-74.

The Arena has a new banner, showing the Atlanta Dream as champions

of the eastern division of the WNBA last season

This was an exciting, fast paced game with a lot of fast break points

by Atlanta. They had lost their opening game of the season on the road.

They expect to get their revenge soon, as their opponent will come here

for a Sunday game.

Which Atlanta team do you believe will have the best chance to win a

championship? We no longer have NHL. That leaves three teams,

The Falcons, The Hawks and The Dream.

Wouldn't it be great if all three did!

Posted Image

I don't think the Dream can beat the Lynx.The Falcons is all on Matt Ryan.The Braves don't have that one pitcher who is lights out, still not buying stock on Beachy. If they did, I would say the Braves.

Obviously Gray Mule's post is even more off topic (Hawks-wise) than my post about Woody (former Hawks coach)...Gray's post should be transferred to some sort of "other stuff" - or where ever you see fit Dolfan.

We obviously have to keep the rules intact Posted Image (no shirking)

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

This is the team Gray Mule has been talking about? I thought the Dream were our NBADL team the way he kept talking about them last year. Shouldn't this be in the other sports forum as it isn't about the Hawks or even our NBADL team?

Golly. It's only been a year and already some of you have figured out that Atlanta has a team in the WNBA!No, they are not the Hawks. They are a basketball team and I've posted here aboutthem for a year now. Suddenly, it's not OK any more??They are Atlanta's team and, right now, they are more exciting than the Hawks. We willnot see the Hawks for months and months. The WNBA is happening currently.Move this out if you like or simply erase it altogether. I've been around too long to cause trouble now. For all you who feel bad that our own WNBA team was postedabout under the NBA Hawks, just put me on ignore.

• Premium Member

I'm not trying to quash your enthusiasm for the Dream or the WNBA. I was just honestly confused as to how topics about non Hawks teams were allowed on the homecourt when other topics other posters make about former Hawks or other Atlanta based teams are moved to other boards. Why on Earth would I ignore you for something as silly as that?

• Moderators

Keep on posting GM! Just do it in "Other Sports" instead of the main page. Treat 'em just like the Bravos, Falcons, and every other non-Hawk team!It'll especially help if you get time to continue posting in preview of upcoming games (like Sunday afternoon's rematch against Indy... 3PM on SportSouth for those interested).And I'm trying to avoid hyperbole, given they were just playing an underwhelming New York Liberty, but that was about as thorough and complete a performance that anyone has ever seen from this team. No one left the arena complaining yesterday, everybody got their money's worth. Yelena Leuchanka, who missed the Fever game after not getting cleared for a concussion, was fantastic. And Angel is getting her WNBA Lebron act in full gear, filling up stat sheets, especially with that pestering defense (6 Steals)! The three-pointers and the post-defensive rebound outlets, and the team passing while cutting off passing lanes on the other end for fast breaks, are giving this squad many new dimensions, enough to make them competitive against Indiana, Connecticut, and the uber-talented teams out West (as mentioned above, the Lynx are EVERYONE'S team to beat, they're truly awesome). Let's see how they fare Sunday against the Fever!GO DREAM!~lw3