• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For the Scouts on the board.

Diesel

I think moving Horford to his natural spot will help him to develop in the post by letting him work against smaller, weaker guys on a consistent basis.

I think a lot of posters don't realize how good these centers are at low post defense compared to PF's. Most teams switch anyway with Horford and Smith. If Horf go to the perimeter, they switch the PF and if Smith is in the low post the center gets him or if he is at the 3pt line, they leave him open.

• Premium Member

The fact of the matter is that Josh is not a good position defense player. Go back and watch your film if you believe oherwise. On the other hand Josh is a very good help defender, but that usually results in his man gettting a layup or dunk. If you watch film you can see real PF's just muscle Josh under the basket. Low post power players like Boozer, Garnett, Gasol, Duncan, Jefferson and others can score on Josh at will. Josh is just physically weak,

I think a lot of posters don't realize how good these centers are at low post defense compared to PF's. Most teams switch anyway with Horford and Smith. If Horf go to the perimeter, they switch the PF and if Smith is in the low post the center gets him or if he is at the 3pt line, they leave him open.

How did you come to this conclusion when most of the posters here have been cussing Woody's constantly switching D for 7 seasons. I think there are times that you are oblivious to anything Hawks fans talk about here and what our team does on a every game basis.

The fact of the matter is that Josh is not a good position defense player. Go back and watch your film if you believe oherwise. On the other hand Josh is a very good help defender, but that usually results in his man gettting a layup or dunk. If you watch film you can see real PF's just muscle Josh under the basket. Low post power players like Boozer, Garnett, Gasol, Duncan, Jefferson and others can score on Josh at will. Josh is just physically weak,

Those players generally score on anyone. I've personally seen games where Josh has given KG a very hard time in the post.

• Premium Member

Unfortunately for us Josh himself doesn't realize he can score in the low post on anyone. He has a good back to the basket game that he never uses. He also almost always draws a foul when he puts the ball on the floor and attacks the rim. But no, he's happy shooting 239280 long jump shots a game intermixed with a couple of fastbreak dunks that gets the rubes in the stands happy.