• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

Love the Doc Rivers pick. He got every drop out of the old "Big 3" and was influentual in turning Rondo into a stud. He is proven to be able to coach both the young and old.He is was coach selection last in last years draft.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Atlanta Ganstaslappas add..Nick Young. SG.After much deliberation, this is my man.6'7" and knows how to score.

Good gunner. Did you PM sultan? I just did. Edited by AHF

Love the Doc Rivers pick. He got every drop out of the old "Big 3" and was influentual in turning Rondo into a stud. He is proven to be able to coach both the young and old.

He is was coach selection last in last years draft.

Well then that makes me feel even better about it!

• Moderators

We are going BPA at this point in the draft and are fleshing out our backcourt with an entering-his-prime combo guard in:

Rodney Stuckey

Stuckey played big minutes at both PG and SG last season for the Pistons and has improved every year in the league. At this point, there isn't a big difference between Stuckey and Tyreke Evans, with Evans the better rebounder and Stuckey the better shooter and ball handler.

Evans - 17.3 pp36 / .512 ts% / 4.7 ap36 / 2.8 ap36 / 4.8 rp36 / PER 16.4 / WS48 .059

Stuckey - 17.8 pp36 / .550 ts% / 4.6 ap36 / 2.3 ap36 / 3.1 rp36 / PER 17.6 / WS48 .131

We like Stuckey as a fit for the U-Niques a bit more because of his more efficient scoring and much more because of the lower draft cost in the 10th round.

Stuckey is proficient enough to rank top 25 in the major metrics among all guards (PER, WS, WS/48)* and young enough to have some growth left in him. We expect Stuckey to play time at both guard positions and that his ability to draw 7.0 FTA per game will help him maintain his scoring efficiency.

PG: Tony Parker / Eric Bledsoe / Rodney Stuckey

SG: Kevin Martin / Bradley Beal / Rodney Stuckey

SF: Andre Iguodala

PF: Kevin Garnett / Carlos Boozer

C: Dwight Howard / Enes Kanter

Capstone has been PM'd.

* = http://bkref.com/tiny/i327p

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

• Admin

Jerry Sloan One of the greatest coaches in nba history...he has a career .603 win percentage over 30 years. That is unheard of. He took a year off and has been able to get away and help get perspective and is now ready to take the crew to the promised land.

• Like 1

My favorite coach (Popvich) was taken so I'll take the guy who is the most experienced head coach. He has been the head coach of five different teams during his 24-season head coaching career. He has coached the most games (1,805), won the most games (1,074) and lost the most games (731) among active coaches in their entire coaching careers.

So with the 158th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The JaybirdHawk Hustlers select:

George Karl

He is good with the younguns and the old guard, taylors his game plan to fit his personnel.

Supporter has been notified.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Stuckey is a steal !Derrick Williams could be a steal. Hearing he lost alot of weight in hops to see minutes at SF. He is blocked at PF with Kevin Love in the way in Minnesota. DW's game is too similar to Michael Beasley for them to be on the same team in my opinion. I considered Williams but went with a more pure SF b/c I don't know what position Derrick Williams is yet.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Admin

The Youth Movement needs a leader and seeing how 2/5th's of our starters already play for him we see

SCOTT BROOKS as the natural choice to be our head coach...

I like Scott Brooks but his coaching in the finals reminded me of Woody. He never made adjustments at all and as a result Miami beat them. Hopfully that is a result of inexperience.

• Moderators

Ferry ruined the excitment of the fantasy Summer Dynasty league Posted Image

I'll trade off the loss of focus on our fantasy draft this summer for some real excitement for the Hawks anytime!

That said, I still think this will be a fun one. By the time we are done, the Hawks will likely be in a holding pattern for the remainder of the summer and there will be less to chew on for summer transactions.

But for now, it is tough to focus on anything other than the franchise changing news coming from our new GM and that isn't a bad thing at all for a Hawks fan.

• Like 1

The Youth Movement are STUNNED to find such a talent with this pick and are ecstatic to bring the Former LSU-tiger/SEC Player of the Year:

PF - BRANDON BASS

The Youth Movement:

PG - Kyle Lowry / Darren Collison

SG - Tyreke Evans / Jordan Crawford

SF - Kevin Durant / Dorrell Wright

PF - Chris Bosh / Brandon Bass

C - Serge Ibaka / Andre Drummond ®

HC - Scott Brooks

• Like 2

• Admin

The Youth Movement are STUNNED to find such a talent with this pick and are ecstatic to bring the Former LSU-tiger/SEC Player of the Year:

PF - BRANDON BASS

The Youth Movement:

PG - Kyle Lowry / Darren Collison

SG - Tyreke Evans / Jordan Crawford

SF - Kevin Durant / Dorrell Wright

PF - Chris Bosh / Brandon Bass

C - Serge Ibaka / Andre Drummond ®

HC - Scott Brooks

I didn't know Drummond trademarked his name :)

• Like 1