• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

LOL I know and he was even in the process of posting. Who needs to gather stats and do fancy write ups, I think Nicholas has this thing down to the way it should be!

I don't think I have made it a big announcement since my first five were filled in. To each their own though.

Kevin McHale of the Houston Rockets (Age 54, Height 6’10”, Weight allegedly 210 lbs)

~lw3

Ha ! McHale hs not been 210 lbs in 30 years.

In all seriousness he is a very good pick. With my last pick I had 5 coaches left on the board who I would be comfortable with and McHale and Riley were 2 of the 5.

I'm especially glad I snagged Riled now in that I don't think any of my guys would me in the board 30 picks from now when my next pick is up.

There is not a better teacher of post play for your young bigs ( Thomas Robinson, Jonas Valanciunas, and Kevin Seraphin ) then Kevin McHale.

• Like 2

Ha ! McHale hs not been 210 lbs in 30 years. In all seriousness he is a very good pick. With my last pick I had 5 coaches left on the board who I would be comfortable with and McHale and Riley were 2 of the 5. I'm especially glad I snagged Riled now in that I don't think any of my guys would me in the board 30 picks from now when my next pick is up. There is not a better teacher of post play for your young bigs ( Thomas Robinson, Jonas Valanciunas, and Kevin Seraphin ) then Kevin McHale.

I do not like McHale. Probably has a lot to do with him playing on that Bird led squad that squashed our hopes way back in the day.
  • Like 1

My bad fellas..had to handle some business really quick but wit my next pick I'm running with Gerald Green. Needed a good wing defender to come in and muck things up a bit. And also the guy is über athletic and should get some good opportunities on the break with rondo and wade. Buzz you're up

• Like 3

My bad fellas..had to handle some business really quick but wit my next pick I'm running with Gerald Green. Needed a good wing defender to come in and muck things up a bit. And also the guy is über athletic and should get some good opportunities on the break with rondo and wade. Buzz you're up

Major boom / bust potential there ... I think he's on the upswing though and can absolutely fill it up off the bench!

Its time to swing for the fences and with that, the Buzz take Jared Sullinger. He was ranked 6th on Draft Express's top 100, was the 2nd ranked player coming out of his high school class, and many wondered why he did not come out in 2011 draft, were he would have been a easy top ten pick in a weak draft class. Luck of the Irish one way or the other. This kid could be 16 and 10 or 10 and 8, but I love his game when he is not hurting.

PG- John Wall

SG- Klay Thompson

SF- Michael Beasley

PF- David Lee

C - Demarcus Cousins

Bench: Chauncey Billups/Jose Calderon/Jared Dudley/Lamar Odom/Reggie Evans/Derrick Favors/Jared Sullinger

[*]Nikola Vucevic

Another skilled big man to run the pick and roll/pop game with. The good thing about him is he can make the mid range jumper with some consistency like Al can. I remember him killing the Hawks with it one of the times we played them this previous year.

Mutombolievable has been pm'd

Major boom / bust potential there ... I think he's on the upswing though and can absolutely fill it up off the bench!

Yea I hope last year wasn't a fluke. I know he can Play d and we know about his leaping ability and if I can just get those 2 at this late of a stage in the draft I'll be happy bc I needed a wing defender off the bench bc Novak and ray ray aren't the greatest at that but if he brings anything else I'll feel it's a bonus.

• Moderators

I do not like McHale. Probably has a lot to do with him playing on that Bird led squad that squashed our hopes way back in the day.

I was a Sixer fan during his playing days and started enjoying the Hawks in the late 1980's. So you can imagine how thrilled I was about McHale as a Player! ~lw3

I was a Sixer fan during his playing days and started enjoying the Hawks in the late 1980's. So you can imagine how thrilled I was about McHale as a Player! ~lw3

I know he is a great player but I am still not a fan of his. Bird the same way although, I have rooted for the pacers some but mostly due to me favoring underdogs. Not because I favored Bird lmao

I'll go ahead and take my main man Ed Davis. Young, athletic, shot blocking PF who can score as well. PM'd Dolf

Wondered when he was going to go. A very hot commodity two seasons ago. Great upside is still possible.

In the 12th round, with the 184th pick, in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects:

Brandon 'Bone on Bone' Roy, PG/SG - 6'6" 211 lbs

Brandon Roy is back in the NBA after announcing his comeback and signing a 2 year contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves today. A guy who was a legit All-Star and retired last year at the young age of 27 but who says his knees feel great and he's ready to prove that he can still play at a high level. A career 46% shooter overall with a 35% average from 3 and 80% from the FT line, quite simply he's a guy who knocks down shots!

Back in 2011 and playing against the eventual NBA champion Dallas Mavericks, Roy almost single handedly stole the series for the Blazers... at least until the final 2 games when he stunk and the team lost 4-2. But in games 3 and 4 he showed that he can still play averaging 20 points and 5 assists and now that he's taken a year off to rest and rehab his knees we believe that he's going to be the steal of the draft (or he could be a dud of a pick and be the ruin of the DD's)! At the very least he should bring some veteran savvy and the ability to play big in big moments, something that defined his career until his knees stole him of his youth.

PsssshhhhhClassof87 has been PMd

THE DOLFAN DYNASTY
POS PLAYER Height Weight FG% 3P% FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS PER
PG http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/4299.png

Jeremy Lin

6'3" 200 lbs .446 .320 .798 0.5 2.5 3.0 6.2 0.3 1.6 2.2 3.6 14.6 19.97
SG http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2367.png

Tony Allen

6'4" 213 lbs .469 .308 .800 1.7 2.3 4.0 1.4 0.6 1.8 2.4 1.6 9.8 15.70
SF http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2760.png

Danny Granger

6'8" 228 lbs .416 .381 .873 1.3 3.7 5.0 1.8 0.6 1.0 2.3 1.8 18.7 18.68
PF http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3989.png

Blake Griffin

6'10" 251 lbs .549 .125 .521 3.3 7.6 10.9 3.2 0.7 0.8 3.3 2.3 20.7 23.50
C http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/4260.png

Greg Monroe

6'11" 250 lbs .521 .000 .739 3.6 6.0 9.6 2.3 0.7 1.3 2.7 2.4 15.4 22.09
Bench: Brandon Roy (PG/SG), Brandon Jennings (PG), Danny Green (SG), Shawn Marion (SF), Kenneth Faried (PF), Tiago Splitter (PF/C)

Coach: Doc Rivers

• Moderators

In the 12th round, with the 184th pick, in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects: Brandon 'Bone on Bone' Roy, PG/SG - 6'6" 211 lbs

Damn you Scuba Steve!!! Thought I was going to slide in and take the retiree!!! Errrr...

Damn you Scuba Steve!!! Thought I was going to slide in and take the retiree!!! Errrr...

Shew I actually tried trading with Lethal today to pick earlier as I was worried about losing him! Glad that I was able to steal him from ya though ;)