• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Jenkins needs to start! assuming we trade Smith

JTB

Though smith was not traded draft night I still believe he will be this off season. With this years draft as we know we took 2 shooters. One is a pure shooter Mr. John Jenkins, I watched him in college and Im happy he's a hawk though I wanted a center like Fab Melo....but I understand this pick of getting Jenkins!

i watched Jenkins at Vanderbilt and here's what I think about his game.....

-he is indeed the best shooter in college basketball since curry! that is a fact. I would even go as far and say he is better at shooting than florida's beal

-he is a great pick and roll shooter and is very efficient shot maker.

--rarely missed on open shots

-scouts said he wasnt athletic and i would disagree! no he isnt john wall, westbrook, rose atheletic or anything close but he does have basic athletic ability

-not a slouch on defense! dude really tries on d. i will go to say he isnt the best defender but man his efforts are there! he will only get better.

-has a quick ass ray allen shot with beautifl form every time

-when contested on jumpers it usually seems as if it doesnt bother him but thats collge level

-i have read that he is a gym rat. he is always working on his game

-has a great bbiq! unlike smith this guy does not take dumb shots, now i have seen him take some pretty deep range 3's when he was feelin it but he made them as far as through the game he wont take dumb shots and he wont hesistate like teague on open shots.

-pure shooter...no people this guy is not streaky at all. if anything he has a legit jumpshot that is nba ready and he will make his shots if ignored by defenders.

If plays are ran for this guy, picks are made, screens are set, he will score for us with that quick jumpshot. like curry he has a that jumpshot that will get him known in the nba. But here's the problem he wont get better unless he starts. Dude is a gym rat and i think he spaces the floor really well for ATL. I think he is a pure shooter and scorer.

What I dont like about Jenkins......

-I never really seen him create his own shot though he has a great pump fake that will be useful in the nba

-not a great passer...i never saw dude pass for real but that may be because of the team he was on

also as a side note his defense isnt the best but he tries thats why it doesnt concern me. huh i can name plenty of nba players that dont even try on defense

When smith is traded this guy needs to start ASAP

OK so boiling it down...he is a really good 6-4 shooter if he can get his shot off.

...not a slouch on defense! dude really tries on d. i will go to say he isnt the best defender but man his efforts are there! he will only get better...

...Meaning he will suck, or borderline suck at the NBA level...he won't be nearly as good as Hinrich defensively in the short term...and Hinrich can (and has) made pressure shots, so why would we play a weak defender?

This is the pros...not little town Vandy.

Edited by DJlaysitup

John Jenkins is Pape Sy. The Hawks reaching thinking they are being smart only to end up looking dumb

wow HUGE insult! I mean damn bro I get that we didnt draft a Anthony Davis potential player but to say Pape Sy is even comparable to Jenkins is way too low! Please give the new hawk some credit! Believe it or not but after Johnson and Al horford this dude Jenkins is either on their level jumpshooting or may be better once he gets use to the league. This guy can easily be a big part of the Atlanta Hawks but he is going to need playing time to show it! If LD plays him like he did Teague before he started than we will never see how good of a scorer jenkins can be!seriously stop hating we didnt have a top 10 or 15 pick! Be happy!

OK so boiling it down...he is a really good 6-4 shooter if he can get his shot off.

...not a slouch on defense! dude really tries on d. i will go to say he isnt the best defender but man his efforts are there! he will only get better...

...Meaning he will suck, or borderline suck at the NBA level...he won't be nearly as good as Hinrich defensively in the short term...and Hinrich can (and has) made pressure shots, so why would we play a weak defender?

uhhh no meaning if he gets his shot and minutes he can easily enter the rotation! defense will come as long as the effort is still there and this kid is a gym rat he will how that he wants to start believe that.

understand this! IF teague can get into the lineup this guy can! He is far more agressive than teague and he is constantly trying to get better. he will not pass up shots and I doubt the veterans on this team will tell him to lay back or would have to give him pep talks like they do teague to make him play his game. believe this is a jordan crawford selection except better shooter, smarter player and much much effort on defense.

He will start out as a rotational player but he will become and instant impact with that shot that will make LD want to start him! Trust me dude just need a chance!

uhhh no meaning if he gets his shot and minutes he can easily enter the rotation! defense will come as long as the effort is still there and this kid is a gym rat he will how that he wants to start believe that.understand this! IF teague can get into the lineup this guy can! He is far more agressive than teague and he is constantly trying to get better. he will not pass up shots and I doubt the veterans on this team will tell him to lay back or would have to give him pep talks like they do teague to make him play his game. believe this is a jordan crawford selection except better shooter, smarter player and much much effort on defense.He will start out as a rotational player but he will become and instant impact with that shot that will make LD want to start him! Trust me dude just need a chance!

Lets hope we give him more playing time than we gave Jordan Crawford. I was so pissed when we trade him and so much for Heinrich and Armstrong. Now Heinrich is a free agent and was not really a help to the hawks and Armstrong never played. We gave them about half our bench. A great scorer like Crawford and a first round pick. I hope Ferry doesn't do some stupid sh*t like that.

but you know what wouldn't been great for jenkins? how about a big who sticks in the paint to grab rebounds and kick out for second chances? how about a distributing point guard who can get him set up and get him the ball in the best possible spots for him to succeed? but we still don't have either of those things. we took jenkins instead. a great player/shooter to be sure, but not what we needed, and i worry that with our players, he won't be utilized the best that he could.

Pape Sy is a NBDL scrub much less NBA scrub.

How can anyone who watched the Hawks last year not think we need another shooter? Now if this pans out is another story but getting one of the best collegiate pure shooters is a good move, IMO. This move can get Joe off the 2 at times and spread the floor much better than Marvin or Hinrich would allow (if he converts to the league). I keep saying that because everyone is always a prophet "KNOWING" he couldn't get a shot off or defend... How about wait and see? Let him play a summer league game, at least?

• Like 1

I'm not saying Jenkins is ready to start...........

Nashville is not so little.............and Vandy had 3 guys drafted in the top 31. They also beat Kentucky in the SEC Championship Game. He played against D. Lamb of Kentucky 3 different times and played against Bradley Beal of Forida twice. He had to defend some pretty good players.

Acting like Vandy is some mid-major is a joke. They have consistently been a top 25 program for several years.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Moderators

You can't with doubters when it comes to summer leagueIf he plays well: "it was summer league lol"If he plays poorly: "wowowowowow he couldn't even score against summer league scrubs"

It is entertaining to talk about but summer league means nothing either way. Some workouts and a little exposure to the coaches. That is about it.

He was on the radio and I was impressed that he said he's watched a lot of video of Reggie millerr and ray Allen. Show smarts and maturity. Hope he gets open like Allen

I watch a lot of Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. Maybe I should give ASG a call.

John Jenkins is Pape Sy. The Hawks reaching thinking they are being smart only to end up looking dumb

You know, I really just wish you'd go away. I can be Mr. Negative myself but you're contributing nothing to this site but snotty negativity without anything interesting in the least to back up your opinions.