• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We completely lost in the deal.

Joker

Do you think we won or lost the deal?   

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Nets have all but completed a trade for Joe Johnson, the six-time all-star, league sources tell NetsDaily. In return, the Hawks get expiring contracts and a first round pick. NOT included in the trade: MarShon Brooks and Gerald Green. The Nets also didn't have to give up their own first round pick in the trade. The trade will not be finalized until July 11.Johnson, who is still owed $89.3 million over the next three years, was dealt for Anthony Morrow; Jordan Farmar, who will be bought out at Atlanta's expense; Jordan Williams, Johan Petro, a signed-and-traded DeShawn Stevenson and the Rockets 2013 lottery protected first round pick.As a result of the trade, the Nets are now eligible for the full $5 million mid-level exception (which they reportedly will use to sign Bosnian forward Mirza Teletovic) and the $1.95 million bi-annual exception. They also retain two trade exceptions worth $3.0 million and $1.30 million, acquired in the Gerald Wallace trade; $3.0 million in cash considerations; Kris Humphries Bird Rights; all their own first rounders from 2013 through 2018 and the draft rights to two top European players, Bojan Bogdanovic and Toko Shenghelia.We traded: Joe JohnsonWe get: Jordan Farmar who will be broughtJohan PetroJordan WilliamsSnT DeShawn Stevenson2013 Houston lotto protected pickAnthony MorrowThe best piece is Morrow who is a borderline starter. The rest are scrubs. This sucks. We better get Dwight HowardTeagueMorrowMarvinSmithHorfordMan, this is a 43-45 win team that will be a 1st round exit without question.

We won by getting out of JJ's contract. Who cares what we got back as long as they were expiring contracts. People aren't getting this, so what if we get knocked out in the first round next year or barely not make the playoffs. The cap room we have next year is in excess of 20 million. Unlike others I believe Ferry can get free agents to come here. I think we all agree the core had to go. It had gone as far as it could go. Time for change. Change is good.

• Like 3

The Nets have all but completed a trade for Joe Johnson, the six-time all-star, league sources tell NetsDaily. In return, the Hawks get expiring contracts and a first round pick. NOT included in the trade: MarShon Brooks and Gerald Green. The Nets also didn't have to give up their own first round pick in the trade. The trade will not be finalized until July 11.Johnson, who is still owed $89.3 million over the next three years, was dealt for Anthony Morrow; Jordan Farmar, who will be bought out at Atlanta's expense; Jordan Williams, Johan Petro, a signed-and-traded DeShawn Stevenson and the Rockets 2013 lottery protected first round pick.As a result of the trade, the Nets are now eligible for the full $5 million mid-level exception (which they reportedly will use to sign Bosnian forward Mirza Teletovic) and the $1.95 million bi-annual exception. They also retain two trade exceptions worth $3.0 million and $1.30 million, acquired in the Gerald Wallace trade; $3.0 million in cash considerations; Kris Humphries Bird Rights; all their own first rounders from 2013 through 2018 and the draft rights to two top European players, Bojan Bogdanovic and Toko Shenghelia.We traded: Joe JohnsonWe get: Jordan Farmar who will be broughtJohan PetroJordan WilliamsSnT DeShawn Stevenson2013 Houston lotto protected pickAnthony MorrowThe best piece is Morrow who is a borderline starter. The rest are scrubs. This sucks. We better get Dwight HowardTeagueMorrowMarvinSmithHorfordMan, this is a 43-45 win team that will be a 1st round exit without question.

This deal is unfinished until the cap space is spent. Then you can tell us all about how badly we lost it. I know fans have a hard time loving cap space because it doesn't knock down threes or tomahawk jam on some fool. At least not yet. ;)

We will probably sign Jonny Flynn and some scrubs and call it a day. This franchise will be the end of me as a Hoops fan.

Your so brilliant Joker............what a brilliant title for unbiased poll results. We would expect nothing less from you.

We will probably sign Jonny Flynn and some scrubs and call it a day. This franchise will be the end of me as a Hoops fan.

Hey,............an extra bonus out of this trade !

I kid, I kid.

This deal is unfinished until the cap space is spent. Then you can tell us all about how badly we lost it. I know fans have a hard time loving cap space because it doesn't knock down threes or tomahawk jam on some fool. At least not yet. Posted Image

Cap Space = Hope

$90 mill over 4 years to JJ = No Hope

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2

We lost because we did not solve any of our real problems.If Dwight walks through the door next July fine other than that we lost.Teague-$6Jenkins-$2Smith-$14Horford-$12Dwight-$18$52 mill on 5 players is just as bad as what we were currently in which was $61-62 mill for 6 players. Dwight may be a superstar but he is no offensive juggernaut. He better be a superstar and able to sell out arena nightly or we lost badly.

Edited by MrMeltdown

Joker and MrMeltdown,I think yall lost your minds, think about this, we off-load 90m and we got rid of Iso-Joe. Are this team is going to back-petal, yes they will but we cant contiune to go to the playoffs and lose in the first and second round. You are losing money like that and fans. This team needs changes and this is first of many that this team needs right nowIf yall two dont like, yall got your own opinions but the last time the Hawks was under SC was about 7 - 8 years ago even longer. This is a win for the Hawks.

We aren't winning a championship with jjNow we have a shot at 2 max players next summer with horford to make our own big 3 and make a true runIn the new NBA, a team with 30M cap space and an all-star center will attract 2 top 20 players that want to pair up

EXACTLY thats what makes the deal so sweet! i didnt realize we would save that much money! I cant believe it but the Hawks can actually have a BIG 3 that including BIG ALwe can get CP3 or even Howard! I hope the Magic dont trade Howard away cause he could possibly be with CP3 and Horford next season!

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBAThe Atlanta Hawks will have a lot of money to spend next summer. This deal allows them to pursue Dwight Howard and Chris Paul.

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBAThe Atlanta Hawks will have a lot of money to spend next summer. This deal allows them to pursue Dwight Howard and Chris Paul.

Boy how many threads am I going to see this quote

I'm no capologist. But is there a real possibility, no matter how remote, that we could eventually have CP3, SG, Smoove, Al, D12??? That's a ring right there...