• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So I'm listening to Mike and Mike this morning....

Diesel

• Premium Member

They are talking about Chris Broussard's latest. They are all in a huff about how NJ will get D-12. Then they come to the conclusion that it's a tug o war between Dallas and NJ. Basically whichever one doesn't get Deron gets D-12.Back and fourth they go.. then they call the beat reporter from Dallas.He's says that they are still hopeful.He gives the spill that if Deron wants to win Championships, he comes to Dallas.IF Deron wants 25 Million more, he stays with Brooklyn...Which is all BS because without a legit big, Dallas is going nowhere.Anyway, one of the Mikes says.. didn't you hear, Brooklyn, just offered Lopez, Brooks, Hump, and three Firsts...For D-12... That will tip the scale for Brooklyn...Dallas, beat reporter says, that's a good deal but how is that any better than Atlanta giving them Harris and Horford and a pick..I'm like WTHeck!!!Then both Mike's on Cue says.. "that's never going to happen, Dwight's not going to go to Atlanta" and continue that banter about NJ.The point here... Nobody respects us.We have to do it, then they will respect.

They are talking about Chris Broussard's latest. They are all in a huff about how NJ will get D-12. Then they come to the conclusion that it's a tug o war between Dallas and NJ. Basically whichever one doesn't get Deron gets D-12. Back and fourth they go.. then they call the beat reporter from Dallas. He's says that they are still hopeful. He gives the spill that if Deron wants to win Championships, he comes to Dallas. IF Deron wants 25 Million more, he stays with Brooklyn... Which is all BS because without a legit big, Dallas is going nowhere. Anyway, one of the Mikes says.. didn't you hear, Brooklyn, just offered Lopez, Brooks, Hump, and three Firsts...For D-12... That will tip the scale for Brooklyn... Dallas, beat reporter says, that's a good deal but how is that any better than Atlanta giving them Harris and Horford and a pick.. I'm like WTHeck!!! Then both Mike's on Cue says.. "that's never going to happen, Dwight's not going to go to Atlanta" and continue that banter about NJ. The point here... Nobody respects us. We have to do it, then they will respect.

Don't care about those people.
  • Like 2

I actually respect Golic's overall sports knowledge a lot, but neither of those guys are anything close to authorities on NBA matters. They clearly don't know what this city and GM have to offer.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Atlanta sports, Hawks and Falcons at least, will always receive negative criticism and disrespect from the New York/Boston media markets. They think of us as the little brother that wants to hangout with the big kids. BS is what it is... Some higher-up at ESPN has it out for Atlanta and all their talk-heads are their tools to put us down. Atlanta has one of the best NFL teams going into next season and most "analysts" have us as a bottom-feeder this upcoming season... Hawks have made the postseason 5 straight seasons, yet ESPN has us in the ranks of the Kings/Cavs/Rockets, teams that don't make the playoffs...

F***'em!They know nothing about sports, plus that's just a show, yellow stuff...P.S. D12 may end up with Nets, Mavs or Lakers for that matter, but we must try to get him... it simply makes most sense for all parties involved... Happy ending!

Edited by T21

I actually respect Golic's overall sports knowledge a lot, but neither of those guys are anything close to authorities on NBA matters. They clearly don't know what this city and GM have to offer.

Ferry's on his way because he's in the midst of building a class organization. Cap cleared. Favorable CBA. Freedom to hire highly regarded league executives rather than checking the wanted ads in the back of the Macon Stop n' Shop Examiner. Establishing proper departments and facilities. Rather than bumbling and stumbling around on a quick fixer like Sund he's laying down the foundation for an attractive and dependable organization from the top to bottom. Dallas is a big market yet people avoided it like the plague until Cuban came in and made everything enjoyable from the facilities all the way down to the parking spots for the players. Houston was a desired location until Daryl Morey came with his notebook full of datasheets that reduced players to mere numbers. Market doesn't matter until you've got an organization that can take advantage of it and it's why the Clippers are the Clippers and yet the Spurs and OKC are talked up like darlings in the media's eyes. We're on our way.

• Premium Member

Yeah I have heard some different shows today and they will not mention the Hawks. Broussard and Mannix are doing everything they can to get D12 to New Jersey.I just dont think the Magic will send D12 to Jersey. 1. They are not going to do D12 any favors over this....2. NJ's offer is not a good one.

Edited by Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Diesel, tell me: are you willing to sacrifice a signed and content Al for one year of discontent Dwight?

I would. Even if we did that, there's a trade at the deadline for the discontented. I wouldn't mind getting back: a signed Brooks, Lopez, Humphries, and three #1 picks over 6 yrs. That's like the gift that keeps on giving. Think: Lopez, Smoove, Morrow, Brooks, and Harris. That team sucks.. (NJ 2010) but those first rounders and ending contracts.... It gives us plenty of places to start over. Not to mention the subsequent trade of Smoove. Whereas Horf is limited, Lopez is an offensive machine. If we keep Smoove, he's the rebounder.. if not, i would overpay for Ibaka. Then i would look at a future with Brooks, Teague, Lopez, and Ibaka and whoever else I can get to come here... FROM THE DRAFT. And if it's possible not to take him, i wouldn't take Humphries... give me Wallace, Marshon, and Lopez with 3 first rounders. Edited by Diesel

I would. Even if we did that, there's a trade at the deadline for the discontented. I wouldn't mind getting back: a signed Brooks, Lopez, Humphries, and three #1 picks over 6 yrs. That's like the gift that keeps on giving. Think: Lopez, Smoove, Morrow, Brooks, and Harris. That team sucks.. (NJ 2010) but those first rounders and ending contracts.... It gives us plenty of places to start over. Not to mention the subsequent trade of Smoove. Whereas Horf is limited, Lopez is an offensive machine. If we keep Smoove, he's the rebounder.. if not, i would overpay for Ibaka. Then i would look at a future with Brooks, Teague, Lopez, and Ibaka and whoever else I can get to come here... FROM THE DRAFT. And if it's possible not to take him, i wouldn't take Humphries... give me Wallace, Marshon, and Lopez with 3 first rounders.

That team you just listed as the end result isn't any better than the current one, and you'd be drafting at around the 20 spot. It is painfully obvious that the only way to become a contender in a market like Atlanta is to either trick some elite players into signing with you (unlikely) or to suck really badly for a few years and luck into an MVP talent in the lottery. Everything else is just going to end in 1st/2nd round playoff exits. Edited by thefloydian

I would. Even if we did that, there's a trade at the deadline for the discontented. I wouldn't mind getting back: a signed Brooks, Lopez, Humphries, and three #1 picks over 6 yrs. That's like the gift that keeps on giving. Think: Lopez, Smoove, Morrow, Brooks, and Harris. That team sucks.. (NJ 2010) but those first rounders and ending contracts.... It gives us plenty of places to start over. Not to mention the subsequent trade of Smoove. Whereas Horf is limited, Lopez is an offensive machine. If we keep Smoove, he's the rebounder.. if not, i would overpay for Ibaka. Then i would look at a future with Brooks, Teague, Lopez, and Ibaka and whoever else I can get to come here... FROM THE DRAFT. And if it's possible not to take him, i wouldn't take Humphries... give me Wallace, Marshon, and Lopez with 3 first rounders.

My question is this can D12 do a year rental and still get to Brooklyn as a FA?

I feel like the media knows as much as we do. I mean until a week before Lebron went to Miami, they had him going to New York and Chicago. Nobody even mentioned Miami at all. Its the same with Dwight. They are so sure he is going to the Nets right now, but they dont know. At this point I feel like D. Ferry has got a plan. I think we are going after Dwight and we have just as good a chance to bag him as BK or LA.

Your whole premise is that to earn respect, we need to deal for Dwight. Then we trade him in the middle of his first and only season with us for a package of so-so dudes? Right back to where we started, only no Horf.

I don't think LA is even in at this point. Would they really want Howard over Bynum? And would Bynum even be willing to sign with Orlando? Maybe I'm missing something.

Bynum wants his own team to get out of the shadow of Kobe and LA (He has rings) and they will be able to pay him the most money for most years.

Bynum wants his own team to get out of the shadow of Kobe and LA (He has rings) and they will be able to pay him the most money for most years.

That's a good point. Next season we could offer him and a point guard max contracts. Steph Curry and Andrew Bynum while keeping Smith and Horford ?

Guest Walter

My question is this can D12 do a year rental and still get to Brooklyn as a FA?

Not without some serious maneuvering and frankly I just can't see it. If we trade for Dwight he would be ours to lose. It would take a lot for him to leave us with the few teams out there that should have cap space. W