• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Randy Foye?

Jody23

• Premium Member

According to Ken Berger, on Twitter, the Hawks are one of several teams that have expressed interest in Randy Foye. Unless the Hawks are looking to make another move (other than the obvious unlikely one), why would the Hawks be after Foye?

• Moderators

According to Ken Berger, on Twitter, the Hawks are one of several teams that have expressed interest in Randy Foye. Unless the Hawks are looking to make another move (other than the obvious unlikely one), why would the Hawks be after Foye?

Maybe they are not that confident that Jenkins is ready. Foye is a combo guard that favors the 2, but with Teague, Jenkins, Stevenson, and Morrow already on the team, it is kind of a head-scratcher...

Ferry Sucks! He wants us to be the Cavs.. We traded away all our perimeter D and arent trying to replace it.. We are headed back to the Lottery, Pistons will be better with Drummond, We barely beat the Bucks with Joe, Nets are Better, Philly's Improved, Miami, Celtics, Raptors will be better, Bulls, and The Magic will be competitive with Dwight or Bynum, Pacers are good.. We are definitely headed back to the Lottery..

• Premium Member

Maybe they are not that confident that Jenkins is ready. Foye is a combo guard that favors the 2, but with Teague, Jenkins, Stevenson, and Morrow already on the team, it is kind of a head-scratcher...

I don't profess to know alot about Jenkins, but this guy is not some freshman or sophmore coming out early. He's a seasoned player and should play. I know his shooting gets alot of attention, but his footwork and seperation ability were impressive to me. The Hawks showing interest in other guards makes me wonder if they have another deal in mind when they don't get Howard.

Ferry Sucks! He wants us to be the Cavs.. We traded away all our perimeter D and arent trying to replace it.. We are headed back to the Lottery, Pistons will be better with Drummond, We barely beat the Bucks with Joe, Nets are Better, Philly's Improved, Miami, Celtics, Raptors will be better, Bulls, and The Magic will be competitive with Dwight or Bynum, Pacers are good.. We are definitely headed back to the Lottery..

I guess we should quit watching Hawks Basketball with the above statement, now that I know the Hawks are going to suck. Thanks for the inside info.

I love the Hawks through the good and the bad. Through the Dion Glover, Lorenzen Wright, Jr Rider Days, The T Lue days. So Im probably more of a hawks fan than you. I dont remeber you bloggin during at the AJC forum. But anyway our team doesn't have to be a lottery team and its upsetting

I love the Hawks through the good and the bad. Through the Dion Glover, Lorenzen Wright, Jr Rider Days, The T Lue days. So Im probably more of a hawks fan than you. I dont remeber you bloggin during at the AJC forum. But anyway our team doesn't have to be a lottery team and its upsetting

I don't know why it's upsetting: 1) July 11th hasn't come yet when players can actually be signed 2) Summer League hasn't started so who knows what gem may come from that 3) Trades can still be made 4) Just because so and so is reporting Hawks looking at certain players doesn't mean we will sign any of them, (it's called due diligence) 5) The Joe and Marvin trades came out of nowhere and shocked everybody, so who knows what else is on the horizon 6) None of us know what Ferry is thinking and the kind of team he wants to build - we can only speculate, only time will tell what we will be. 7) The season doesn't start until October and we have no idea what the roster will look like. 8) At least wait until the season starts and seeing the final roster before determining we are a lottery team.

Uh, I think everyone knew this team was going to suck to sum degree this year, and break the bank next year..

I love the I'm more of fan than you argument. To be honest don't know if I ever posted on the AJC forum. Was on the EZ board were you? Who cares anyways. I have followed the Hawks since they were on TBS for every game like the Braves so around 84 I became a fan. So yes I remember those names too. Do you remember Roundfield, Hastings, Rollins and so on. Does that make me more of fan than you? Once again who cares. I see you don't like the moves Ferry has made. You are entitled to your opinion but lets see how the season plays out before you claim there is no hope for this franchise.

I love the I'm more of fan than you argument. To be honest don't know if I ever posted on the AJC forum. Was on the EZ board were you? Who cares anyways. I have followed the Hawks since they were on TBS for every game like the Braves so around 84 I became a fan. So yes I remember those names too. Do you remember Roundfield, Hastings, Rollins and so on. Does that make me more of fan than you? Once again who cares. I see you don't like the moves Ferry has made. You are entitled to your opinion but lets see how the season plays out before you claim there is no hope for this franchise.

What's funny is that you and he joined Hawksquawk.net 2 days apart, back in June of 02 when it came to life after years on the EZBoard and I'm guessing that's because you were BOTH posting in the same place to have heard about Hawksquawk.net the week that it launched. And LastDon, no offense, but I can't remember the last time you posted something positive or didn't seem like you were pissed at the Hawks owners, management, coaches, players, cooks, valets, etc.

Why are we so interested in all these scrubs.

I agree that Ferry is getting too much lead way and has not made a really good move yet. He got rid of Joe's contract but what he got for it was garbage and he got rid of the extra year of Marvin but Marvin traded for another guard leaves a large hole on the team. We still don't have a C and will be playing our best player out of position. All that said, I don't know about the lottery. I still think we can make the playoffs.
  • Like 1

What's funny is that you and he joined Hawksquawk.net 2 days apart, back in June of 02 when it came to life after years on the EZBoard and I'm guessing that's because you were BOTH posting in the same place to have heard about Hawksquawk.net the week that it launched. And LastDon, no offense, but I can't remember the last time you posted something positive or didn't seem like you were pissed at the Hawks owners, management, coaches, players, cooks, valets, etc.

That's funny I guess we are Hawks fans. Maybe I'm not sure of the criteria to be a hawks fan. I hope I passed.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Old timers??? How about Eddie Johnson,Armon Hill, Truck Robinson, Dean Meminger, John Drew, Scott Hastings, and several others..........Lol just messing with you guys.............several old timers on the board.Btw to be honest I had about had it until Ferry came inane has made some changes.......I'm renewed now. I think this a good team as it sits right now!

• Like 1

Not sure why people are judging these players we got from New Jersey as if Danny Ferry thought they were all a good fit for the team.JJ was a salary dump pure and simple. We were lucky to get a first round pick and all expiring contracts out of the deal. We will judge our new GM by the moves he makes to shape out the roster and more importantly next year with all of our cap space. I give him an A so far.