• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MC: Josh Smith not impressed by what he is seeing right now

GameTime

• Premium Member

I would lean that way as well. You can't lose Josh for nothing. The question is really whether you also deal Teague and Horford or not. I would rather be at the top of the lottery than around pick #10.

I don't think Teague has enough trade value consider the idea. Horford on the other hand is perceived very well around the league. He's the type of player teams covet. High character guy (does get a bit whiny though) with a good touch on the shot. Besides I don't see Horford being happy with making the transition from a playoff team to rebuilding team.

• Moderators

Where is KB21 to chastise you that it is easier to go from good to great than terrible to great!

I saw the article. I am not predicting great things for Memphis and Indiana any time soon despite this theory (although, at least Indiana has managed its cap much better than we did with Marvin/JJ). Chicago, Cleveland, Orlando, etc. are all teams that leveraged terrible to great (Chi 1st seed in East; Cle & Orl finals appearances). Plus, I am just tired of Atlanta not having an elite player and would be excited by the prospect of a Griffin or Davis, etc.

• Admin

I don't think Teague has enough trade value consider the idea. Horford on the other hand is perceived very well around the league. He's the type of player teams covet. High character guy (does get a bit whiny though) with a good touch on the shot. Besides I don't see Horford being happy with making the transition from a playoff team to rebuilding team.

The turnaround could be quick if we say trade Josh for a Rudy Gay type and then sign a big man in the offseason to play with Horford.

If anything, we won't deal this offseason, we will trade at the deadline. Alot of different things could happen by then.Who knows, maybe one of Jeff, Al, or Josh becomes a superstar and we trade to build around them. I predict that one of those three will average 20+ ppg and have this team .500 by the trade deadline. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

• Premium Member

The turnaround could be quick if we say trade Josh for a Rudy Gay type and then sign a big man in the offseason to play with Horford.

I think they end up being the same team. Just good enough to get to the playoffs but never good enough to have a realistic chance to win it all. I'd rather have a few cracks at drafting a transcending player that gives Hawks a shot to compete for a title yearly.

• Premium Member

Ferry is not building a championship team here through free agency. If his plan is to stay at 7th-8th level and build with FA's HE WILL FAIL.

They did not sign him up for 6 years to rebuild through free agency. The man is in the early stages of changing a culture. Edited by NineOhTheRino

It's not going to work this way here. Period.The home town guys don't want to be here. The owners aren't rich and powerful men like the Nets have. No, the owners are nitwits.He WILL NOT build a team through free agency here. No big name players are coming. Nobody wants to play with Josh Smith and nobody is signing here to play with Al and for the guy who failed in Cleveland.

• Like 1

Like I have said since draft night, Ferry has not made a truly good move yet. They have all been questionable to some extinct, but Josh is not good enough to try to appease with your every move.

Like I have said since draft night, Ferry has not made a truly good move yet. They have all been questionable to some extinct, but Josh is not good enough to try to appease with your every move.

Saving the team $90 million in JJ salary is pretty good and very significant. At the very least our owners can pocket some cash while we watch the Nets and Heat dominate the East for the next 3-5 or so years.

So trade 90mil contract isnt a good deal? Or send Marvin to Utah isnt a good deal eitherPosted Image?

So what is a good deal?

Is it possible that despite being good friends, Dwight didn't like playing with Josh? Just a question to throw out there.

No, in a couple weeks Josh will be demanding a trade to Brooklyn and Ferry will bend over for a package of Jason Richardson and Chris Duhon.
  • Like 1

No, in a couple weeks Josh will be demanding a trade to Brooklyn and Ferry will bend over for a package of Jason Richardson and Chris Duhon.

Throw in some cash considerations and you've got a deal!
  • Like 1

Okay, peopleTo each its own I say but honestly, I am serious think that we need to stop being so negative about this. Spurs is one of the constant team in the NBA and Danny Ferry is one of the reason, just give him time. Besides I think Brooks was overrated but that just me.

• Moderators

How about that 2019 draft pick?
  • Like 1