• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MC: Josh Smith not impressed by what he is seeing right now

GameTime

Okay, people To each its own I say but honestly, I am serious think that we need to stop being so negative about this. Spurs is one of the constant team in the NBA and Danny Ferry is one of the reason, just give him time. Besides I think Brooks was overrated but that just me.

Oh by gawd! Ferry worked for SA! He MUST be great. We MUST have blind faith in him. He didn't get the deal he wanted when he traded JJ, he drafted a one dimensional 3 point shooter in the first round and he has a failure of a game plan. But we must trust him. He worked for SA.

• Moderators

Oh by gawd! Ferry worked for SA! He MUST be great. We MUST have blind faith in him. He didn't get the deal he wanted when he traded JJ, he drafted a one dimensional 3 point shooter in the first round and he has a failure of a game plan. But we must trust him. He worked for SA.

I thought he did a junk job in Cleveland, but you have to give the guy a few years to really evaluate him as a GM. That isn't a job where you can get a meaningful read in 2 weeks. Plus, you have to admit you would be blasting him if he came in saying "we love our core...let's roll them out for next season!"

Time to move on, we are going to over pay for guys like Al Jefferson, basically offer the max to Harden and or Ibaka. OKC will have to part with one of them.I believe Monta would absolutely come here, just don't feel comfortable with him being a tweener and all. If Bynum doesn't sign with LA, he's a no brainer max guy. I would probably prefer Kmart over Monta slightly. There are options out there.

How do you know that he didn't get the deal that he wanted? If the Nets had given us Brooks instead of the Rockets 1st they could have made this trade for Dwight a lot easier without having to get the Clippers involved. Therefore I'm thinking that he preferred having that 1st to draft his type of player vs taking on Brooks who might not be his type of player.

• Premium Member

We need to give Ferry more time than just a possible Dwight deal that for all we know Dwight or his agent told the Hawks "if you trade for me I promise you I'll leave as a free agent" which would kill any interest Ferry would have in him.

• Like 1

So trade 90mil contract isnt a good deal? Or send Marvin to Utah isnt a good deal eitherPosted Image?

So what is a good deal?

The word "truly" in my OP is getting overlooked. All of Ferry's move's have been questionable. A 6x all-star for no talent in return, but he did get rid of the contract. Trading Marvin for another PG and leaving the SF position bare, but he did get rid of the contract. My point is his moves have not been "all good". It is not like he is robbing teams of great assets. His moves all point towards cap space for a team that is not traditionally a landing space for top FA's. He is putting all his eggs in one basket. No young talent came from either trade. No surefire lottery picks. See what Houston got out of all those picks this year that were not high lottery. I forgot already.

We need to give Ferry more time than just a possible Dwight deal that for all we know Dwight or his agent told the Hawks "if you trade for me I promise you I'll leave as a free agent" which would kill any interest Ferry would have in him.

You need to change your title on here as the artist formerly known as Joe Johnson no longer exists in Hawks nation.

How do you know that he didn't get the deal that he wanted? If the Nets had given us Brooks instead of the Rockets 1st they could have made this trade for Dwight a lot easier without having to get the Clippers involved. Therefore I'm thinking that he preferred having that 1st to draft his type of player vs taking on Brooks who might not be his type of player.

Well, it was being reported that he wanted Brooks. It looks like this deal was going to get done all along. Now this team has nothing to show for it. Nothing but a couple of draft picks with no young talent (Or I forgot, Anthony Marrow) in return. My biggest concern is that he doesn't understand that this franchise needs high draft picks, and not 7th seeds and 2 rate FA's. But it stings to watch the Clippers pad their bench with young talent and NJ put together a super team while we have nothing. It looks like more of the same.

• Premium Member

You need to change your title on here as the artist formerly known as Joe Johnson no longer exists in Hawks nation.

Why? I still love Joe and frankly this franchise is or should be riding the lottery wave for the next three of four years.

Why? I still love Joe and frankly this franchise is or should be riding the lottery wave for the next three of four years.

Another confusing thing, here you are a smith detractor but on realgm a huge smith homer. There won't much dropoff from this year's squad compared to last. If we sign a decent FA it'll only confirm my thoughts.