• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks are still after Howard

Buzzard

But it will be only one year for those picks and outside of few folks, this draft is lacking. Sure we wont have any draft but we still have cap space to signed folks as well.

Plus we could always buy picks in the 2nd half of round 1. Heck if we're not up against the luxury tax then we might even see the ASG do something crazy like that. Surely they'd have to be trying to save face somehow after losing Dwight.

The Nets have been trying to acquire the Magic's star center but need other teams to help facilitate the blockbuster trade. Sources told ESPN.com on Monday that the Nets and Magic were cautiously optimistic that the Cleveland Cavaliers and Los Angeles Clippers would help them facilitate a four-way trade to send Howard to Brooklyn.

The deal also could involve the Charlotte Bobcats replacing the Cavaliers, league sources said.

Further hurdles exist, however, in that Lopez, Humphries, James, Williams, Johnson and Gaines would all have to agree to sign-and-trades to move them.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8147719/orlando-magic-exploring-other-dwight-howard-trades-source-says

Kinda sounds like the Magic and Nets are okay with the deal. Only Cavs, Clips, or one of the sign-and-trades can mess things up. C'mon Humphries, you know you don't want that deal. Posted Image

• Premium Member

If the organization wants to give itself a blackeye, then yeah that's a great approach. You think the Hawks are a toxic wasteland now, just wait until they earn the reputation of trying to strong arm players.

I think I would have to have that type of reputation... Part of the reason why the Hawks are seen that way is because of GMs who let people walk over them and their mistreatment of players who wanted to stay. However, if Howard half asses.. he would think Dan Gilbert had a twin.

With Joe.. We couldn't beat Miami, Boston, or Chicago. Without Joe... We won't beat Miami, Boston, Chicago, or NJ. Everybody has gotten better. We have regressed. Many believes that because we traded Joe because of his contract that it was addition by subtraction. The truth is that it was subtraction by subtraction on the court. Joe was one of our most efficient and able scorers. He was also a very good perimeter defender. He was also a guy who could get his own points without the help of a PG. He took a lot of the defensive pressure off of guys like Smoove, Horf, and Teague. Some of yall thought those 6 appearances were about Popularity.. NO.. he was voted in by the coaches each time. That means that the coaches considered who were the best SGs and 6 times they said... well, Joe should be in that group. So..all we've done today was weaken a team (A Few good Men.. intended).

But you haven't seen the fruits of Ferry's vision yet. In one day he managed to pull off what many believed impossible - who knows what he has in store. IMO, Al is without a huge building block, and to a lesser extent Teague (though I don't love that he has to have his own swagger coach).
  • Like 1

• Moderators

If we have D12, someone has to trade us $19 mil (not entirely true, and quite complicated) in players and a pick or two, or he will take a heck of a pay cut and have to play for the TWolves. The Nets cannot sign him otherwise.

This is why the Nets probably give up on Dwight if he goes somewhere else.

• Premium Member

If Dwight goes to the Nets there is a NBA fix in. There is no way that Cleveland can benefit in this deal. How does NJ have the 3 million cash to give Humprhries in the first place?Something smells here.......................

If Dwight goes to the Nets there is a NBA fix in. There is no way that Cleveland can benefit in this deal. How does NJ have the 3 million cash to give Humprhries in the first place?

Something smells here.......................

Their owner is a billionaire and the new CBA allows for $3 million cash to be included in every trade so that's just pocket change for him.

It's not awful for Cleveland as long as they can get Humphries with only 1 year guaranteed as he's a quality starting caliber player.

@WojYahooNBACleveland is out as a third-team trade partner in a possible Orlando-Brooklyn deal for Dwight Howard, sources tell Y! Sports.It looks likes that deal is dyingDanny,Get to work, man.

Edited by NekiEcko

But it will be only one year for those picks and outside of few folks, this draft is lacking. Sure we wont have any draft but we still have cap space to signed folks as well.

Downside of that, the team has to spend 90% of the soft cap......Meaning if you miss out on the top free agents, you'll end up having to overpay bums. If the team is lucky, maybe they can get away with paying 12 Kwame Browns 10 million each to play just one year but when you have even a Kwame Brown demanding a multiyear deal.....you'll have to end up paying Jason Collins 8 million just to hit the minimum.

Because I think there is a legit chance he changes his mind (as Deron did about the Nets) and that if we don't get him that we have to nuke our team and go into the lottery to get a superstar. We can have our team nuked after losing Dwight so that isn't such a big loss compared to the upside of keeping him and getting another stud FA.

Who is he going to sign with? New jersey will not be able to sign him. His only other choices may be Cleveland or Charlotte.

I believe Ferry is trying his damnest to keep Horford and offering Zaza, harris, Morrow, Teague and two first rounders 13 and 15 along with Houstons pick. Then he'll be willing to accept Richardson and his bad deal.

Unless Josh is playing small forward, not including either Al or Josh makes no sense and Orlando won't even be listening to us. I really think they want Al if there is any possibility of us trading with them but something tells me Ferry would love to see Al and Dwight rather than Josh and Dwight. I dunno. Howard's probably still going to Brooklyn one way or another.

I also think Ferry is trying to get a deal done without including Al or Josh..If he were offering Al, Teague and picks it would seem like too much of a nobrainer for Orlando to turn down compared to what we know the Nets were offering..

Guest Walter

It will be interesting next year if DH comes here and does not resign (and Josh leaves) when everyone who says take the chance will blame Ferry for turning us into the worst team in the league. You don't throw away Horford / Teague for a one year rental. I would build around Horford (if Howard would not verbally agree) but if you are going to trade him you would get A LOT more then a one year of Howard.

Capstone21, please tell me how you convince a guy to sign NOW when it costs him $25 million to do so. Major FAs are not going to do it. Paul wouldn't do it. NOBODY will do it! So please, please, pretty please, stop insisting that a player give up $25 million to commit here so that we are somehow assured he will not be a "one year rental". You can insist we get a verbal agreement (something we will never know about) but insisting that something no player or agent would ever do has to happen for you to sign on is inane. Please. No more. You want assurances. I get it. But we aren't getting them in the form of a contract extension. No player or agent would EVER do that. Period. W

Capstone21, please tell me how you convince a guy to sign NOW when it costs him $25 million to do so. Major FAs are not going to do it. Paul wouldn't do it. NOBODY will do it! So please, please, pretty please, stop insisting that a player give up $25 million to commit here so that we are somehow assured he will not be a "one year rental". You can insist we get a verbal agreement (something we will never know about) but insisting that something no player or agent would ever do has to happen for you to sign on is inane. Please. No more. You want assurances. I get it. But we aren't getting them in the form of a contract extension. No player or agent would EVER do that. Period. W