• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we gonna build a team around 2 PFs

tbhawksfan

Love them both, but seems to me if wo go the sign Smith route, we'll be perpetuating the logjam team. I hope Ferry is looking for a good young player and a first. Nothing against Smith. If Horford was bigger, I'd Keep Smith

Very interesting. I did some research on Al as a center in terms of ranking on various sporting sites and he ranked as high as 3 and as low as 8. Josh ranked at the PF between 5 and 9. I suggest we keep both until we find something better.
  • Like 1

I hope not. I would understand if one of them was a go to low post scorer and horford could guard the big low post centers of the league and josh smith could guard the long power fowards but they cant. They are both small jumpshooting power forwards. and we cant be elite with that line up unless we have superstar wing players.I rather trade 1 of them and address one of our many glaring issues.

If wz re-sign Smith and are lucky enough to lure a top type FA; is that a Champ team? Say CP3 with Smith, Horf and change. I don't think so. I also don't think we'll get 2 top FA's; already be lucky to get 1.If we trade Smith for a nice young player and a first, would we have a chance to do something with say;CP3 (FA)Young player from Smith tradeHorfJTJenkins3 firstsChangeNegotiate the first and an expiring into Cody Zeller. Still should have a first and cap room to fiinish the team and start the 13 season.

Al can actually be a great post player. He just develop that jumpshot that is pretty much automatic. Josh is really a small forward. If we put a 7-footer in our lineup then we have the best frontcourt in the NBA.

Edited by Jbrinson

Al can actually be a great post player. He just develop that jumpshot that is pretty much automatic. Josh is really a small forward. If we put a 7-footer in our lineup then we have the best frontcourt in the NBA.

I agree. And I think that is why Ferry is loading up on talent no matter the position.We have a ton of guards, but it doesnt matter because he is waiting for the right trade to get that big man we need whether with picks or a promising big man in the league. The problem is who will that big man be that we take a chance on.

• Premium Member

I don't see how any team with Al and Josh as two of your best players is going to win a ring. Perhaps one of them and two superstars but not these two guys and lets dream and say we got a CP3 as a free agent. We need to move one in a deal.

Smith clearmy needs to play inside. He and Horford just aren't gonna cut it as our primary inside guys. Thus the PF logjam. Putting Smith at SF is just trying to hide the fact that we're too small with him and Horf inside. He blongs at PF with a nice big Center.Even if we get a nice big Center, Smith at SF doesn't make sense. He's a very good PF; not so Good SF.Look for a nice package. ypong player and a decent first.

Ibaka is yet another pf and won't help the problem

...yet OKC thrives starting He and the 6'10 Kevin Durant. Not saying Josh should take anywhere as many shots as KD, just saying it's possible to be ok with 2 big starters, one being an undersized 4, in the lineup.

...yet OKC thrives starting He and the 6'10 Kevin Durant. Not saying Josh should take anywhere as many shots as KD, just saying it's possible to be ok with 2 big starters, one being an undersized 4, in the lineup.

Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury of having two of the mosT game-changing superstars in the NBA on the team to go with our undersized big men (which Ibaka is).

I still think the Hawks can build around both of them and rotate them at the 3 (JS), 4 (JS, AH), and 5 (AH) depending on match-ups.This has been said a million times, but we need a solid starting center. I don't even think it has to be someone on the level of Dwight or Bynam. Someone like one of the Lopez brothers or Varejao would do nicely.

• Moderators

Our front court will be:C - PachuliaPF - HorfordSF - SmithYou can book it. It's the reason why Ferry hasn't even looked at signing a starting SF. It's because he already has one and then we will roll with Petro, Williams, and maybe Benson & Scott to back them up. I believe Smoove will play the SF position well against all 30 teams. Whenever we would play Miami or New York, Smith was always matched up against James and Carmelo anyway... Defended them well too. Believe most are afraid of Smoove at SF on the offensive end, but I think he'll be a better SF than he ever was at PF. He'll be matched up against smaller guys, and I believe he will take less inefficient jump shots and start driving to the basket. Picking up our back court in FAncy and trades, then going to rearrange and develop our front court. Then Plan A says that Dwight will come, Pachulia will either move to the bench or move on, and the dyNASTY years of the Hawks will begin!