• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: SF Wish List

hazer

Who's still available? Who should Ferry be gunning for? Is Cleveland's 6'6" 220lb Alonzo Gee the answer at SF? Just turned 25, 43% shooter, 80% free throw shooter, attempts less than 2 threes a game, known to posterize with the dunk, good defense, can get ya 11 and 5 every night. That's equivalent to Duckman right there, at half the price. We'd essentially be getting a younger, more aggressive, cheaper Marvin.

post-2106-0-59540600-1343400694_thumb.jp

• Premium Member

There aren't too many options left at this point. I wouldn't want to give Gee more than a one year deal though because I want this team to have as much cap room as possible next season. I have to wonder if Ferry plans on using our pick or the Rockets lottery protected pick next year to draft a starting small forward.

Wondering if Ferry is planning on a Stevenson, Korver, Smoove platoon at SF, and we're already set at the 3. Unless somebody interesting like Gee falls into our lap. Thinking that's the game plan for now.

• Premium Member

Jazz has a hella-good SF I wouldn't mine seeing in a Hawks uni...I don't know his name, but heard he's been known to go by Duck Booty.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Jazz has a hella-good SF I wouldn't mine seeing in a Hawks uni...I don't know his name, but heard he's been known to go by Duck Booty.

Gee give's ya the same stat line as Duck Sauce although slightly younger and about half the price.

• Moderators

Any fans of Sam Young (6'6", 220#)? He was the starting SF for the Grizzlies during the second half of their 2010-11 season and during their epic dispatching of Danny Ferry's Spurs in 2011. A defensive minded player, Young slid back down the rotation as Tony Allen and O.J. Mayo emerged during the playoffs against the Thunder, then after Rudy Gay returned to their lineup in 2012. Shooting poorly during sparse minutes, he was traded to Philly for basically cap space (to get Gil Arenas) at the trading deadline, then hardly used by Doug Collins. Not a reliable jumpshooter, but he's fairly efficient offensively when he gets his minutes (something that wasn't happening behind Iguodala, Thaddeus Young, Turner), and a notorious gym rat.I don't believe he was given his $1.48 QO by the Sixers, so an offer in the $1.25-1.75 million range might be enough to give him a chance to prove himself once again.~lw3

• Like 1

Any fans of Sam Young (6'6", 220#)? He was the starting SF for the Grizzlies during the second half of their 2010-11 season and during their epic dispatching of Danny Ferry's Spurs in 2011. A defensive minded player, Young slid back down the rotation as Tony Allen and O.J. Mayo emerged during the playoffs against the Thunder, then after Rudy Gay returned to their lineup in 2012. Shooting poorly during sparse minutes, he was traded to Philly for basically cap space (to get Gil Arenas) at the trading deadline, then hardly used by Doug Collins. Not a reliable jumpshooter, but he's fairly efficient offensively when he gets his minutes (something that wasn't happening behind Iguodala, Thaddeus Young, Turner), and a notorious gym rat. I don't believe he was given his $1.48 QO by the Sixers, so an offer in the $1.25-1.75 million range might be enough to give him a chance to prove himself once again. ~lw3

I agree Young could be one of the best options left at FA, others I would consider Gee, T Williams, B Rush and even Donte Green all of them I think are solid defenders and have some upside

Teague, Harris, Smoove, Horf, Zaza? That's not a 50 win team, but it's probably what we're looking at.

• Moderators

Teague, Harris, Smoove, Horf, Zaza? That's not a 50 win team, but it's probably what we're looking at.

I was thinking Teague/Morrow backcourt. Actually, Harris/Morrow backcourt sounds better with Teague/Williams off of the bench. Only play Stevenson in defensive situations and have Korver as backup SF. And no, it's not a 50 win team, but 40-45 wins and a playoff berth is really what most are expecting.

• Moderators

Ugh

lol, thought I'd get that response outta somebody... Posted Image But in all seriousness, I think Smoove would do well at SF. He doesn't breakdown defenses with amazing, highlight reel crossovers, but he would be able to post-up the smaller SF's in the league (Pierce, Delfino, Gee, G. Hill) and has the ability to drive to the hoop and get easy ones. He is also an asset against bigger SF's, due his defensive skill set. With Smoove at SF, we actually match-up against the Heat very well... Our best defender on LBJ, Horford on Bosh, Pachulia against whatever undersized sap that they want to play at center, Morrow on Wade, but DeShawn could be subbed in to bring better defensive intensity, and Teague on Chalmers. It'd be a low scoring game, but competitive.

I think most people that don't want Smoove at 3 is because of his lack of explosive dribbling ability and his boneheaded 20-foot jumper. With him at 3, I believe he will attack the basket more and shoot the most inefficient shot in basketball less. Plus, I believe his long jumpers won't hurt us as much with him at 3, because when he was at 4, the only player that was in position to rebound his brick was Horford at 5. With him at 3, you'll have Horford AND Pachulia to scurry up those rebounds.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Smoove is not our best man defender, he is our best help defender He isn't gonna do nearly as well against lebron as Marvin sid

That's what Stevenson is for.

I think most people that don't want Smoove at 3 is because of his lack of explosive dribbling ability and his boneheaded 20-foot jumper. With him at 3, I believe he will attack the basket more and shoot the most inefficient shot in basketball less.

Why would putting Smith at a perimeter position make him more likely to attack the basket? Posted Image