• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I know he is a meathead but should

capstone21

we take a flyer out on Matt Barnes as a SF? I would rather Delfino personally but he Barnes got released by the Lakers One year TPE?

I know he got released from jail for something to do with getting aggressive with a police officer, but did the Lakers also release him?

Never mind...i misread...you are right he was 'released' from jail

I read that they won't be asking him to come back as he's a FA and hasn't drawn any interest around the league. Possibly because he's facing felony charges for the 2nd time?

• Premium Member

I know he got released from jail for something to do with getting aggressive with a police officer, but did the Lakers also release him?

you act as if none of us never got released from jail for something to do with getting aggressive with a police officer

• Moderators

It's ironic that we all wanted rid of Marvin and now we can't find a SF.

Ha! I wouldn't judge that effort too much considering we are collecting expiring assets right now rather than making a legit effort to sign players long-term. I do, however, remember the years we spent trying to find a small forward after Nique when we ran through Laphonzo Ellis, Ken Norman, Ty Corbin, Glenn Robinson, Henry James, and many others trying to find someone to fill the hole for more than a season.

I called this many times over the years but everyone thought a few corn dogs and a half-eaten can of sour cream and onion Pringles would be better than him

Pretty sure that was DrZach who thought that was better.

I don't think that Marvin will be that difficult to replace and I believe we'll find someone for 1/3rd his cost who will at least come close to matching his production.