• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think we should bring mcgrady back

capstone21

I wouldn't mind bringing McGrady back. He did a lot of good things for us last year in limited time. Of course he complained about his playing time, NBA players are prima donna's, they all think they should be "the man" on their team. But he never tried to do too much and played within the team. He's not his old self, but we would see glimpses from time to time.

He was still effective when he was on the court. Defenses still respect his ability to drive to the lane and he was good at finding the open shooter. The problem was I found myself holding my breath every time he left his feet. He would always come down awkward and tweak something out of place. It seemed like he was DNP'd for his knees or back every other day. I love T-Mac, but he's the basketball equivalent of Mr. Glass from Unbreakable.

With his age and fragile health, Don't you believe that a young talent

who is eager to play and improve would be a better option.

He would be available every night, be athletic enough to keep up

with today's fast Hawks team and get better as he gains experience.

I'm not against the old guys. I'm one myself. I just believe that, in this case,

the young player has the edge.

Posted Image

• Like 2

McGrady definitely had his place last year and contributed at times. He also hurt us at key points in games when he suddenly thought he was 5 years younger and injury free. Last year we took a chance on some role players that used to be great in hopes that they had enough left in the tank to get us over the hump. We are now changing the team for the future (not rebuilding of course!). The future is in the youth not in past players. Let McGrady go to Miami, or Boston, or LA, or some place that is trying to find that last piece today. I would rather take a chance on a young unproven SF with potential (the evil P-word!).

• Moderators

Frankly i didn't like him last year. Complain about playing time and then sit yourself on back to backs. Please. I agree with Gray and others. Let's give some guys with ability a try. Tmac still has the skills but the ability is slipping fast.

• Moderators

Bitched and moaned too much for my taste. He never reached the second round in his prime because he wasn't/ isn't second round material. The Rockets proved that when they made it to the semis with a bunch of scrubs without he and Yao.

FWIW, Yao was on that 2009 playoff squad that beat Portland in the first round. But our Second Round Virgin of course was not. ~lw3