• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In case your distaste for Orlando wasn't high enough...

Robdawg

Orlando obviously did NOT want to trade Howard to us (or to anyone within the division) although we had the best offer on the table at some point during the talks.

He approached the Orlando Magic about a trade for Howard in early July but was turned down. He never had the opportunity to share his vision with Howard and try to convince him that the dysfunction that Howard (an Atlanta native) was familiar with was a thing of the past. It never even got as far as being in position to convince Howard to sign an extension. “We had discussions with Orlando about Dwight Howard,” Ferry said. “They were apprehensive to trade him within the division.” Atlanta Journal-Constitution

I hope they're worse than Charlotte.

• Moderators

They are both basically expansion teams although Charlotte has better younger talent

Orlando has significantly better veteran talent so I am betting that they have the better record this season.

Orlando obviously did NOT want to trade Howard to us (or to anyone within the division) although we had the best offer on the table at some point during the talks.

I hope they're worse than Charlotte.

Forever.

They're not going to be a threat to anyone in the division for a long, long time, if ever. Why should it matter to them if they trade within the division?

Edited by Watchman

• Moderators

Well, since Charlotte, Orlando, and Washington are all bottom feeders, I guess this means 2nd in the division is ours! We'll only be 10 games back from the Heat for 1st...

Washington will be interesting. With Wall, Beal, Ariza, Nene, and Okafor they should be dramatically better than last season. It may all hinge on Wall's development but I don't expect they will be the same old Wizards next season.

I said from the beginning of this Dwight Howard saga that he would not be traded to us for this very reason. You can't give Orlando any grief for that decision. It was smart not to trade him to a division foe. Why does this seem so mysterious? Even if our offer were a little better, it's not worth having a guy like Dwight playing in your building and whooping your ass for several years reminding your fans of what you missed. If they see him in the playoffs now, it will be because they're in the finals.

• Like 2

Well, since Charlotte, Orlando, and Washington are all bottom feeders, I guess this means 2nd in the division is ours! We'll only be 10 games back from the Heat for 1st...

I think Washington might not be that bad.

PG-John Wall

SG-Bradley Beal

SF-Trevor Ariza

PF-Nene

C-Emeka Okafor

sidenote: Why doesn't Nene have a last name? lol

• Moderators

sidenote: Why doesn't Nene have a last name? lol

He used to: Nene Hilario.

He is Brazilian and is following the Brazilian tradition of sports stars using only one name (Pele, Hulk, etc.).

I said from the beginning of this Dwight Howard saga that he would not be traded to us for this very reason. You can't give Orlando any grief for that decision. It was smart not to trade him to a division foe. Why does this seem so mysterious? Even if our offer were a little better, it's not worth having a guy like Dwight playing in your building and whooping your ass for several years reminding your fans of what you missed. If they see him in the playoffs now, it will be because they're in the finals.

I agree, but damn the Lakers ? The rockets had a better on the table. Orlando is like a d league team LA uses to get talent.