• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The hopes of a franchise are heavy.

ATLscrubLove

Exactly my thoughts. I don't see DF building a real contender while having Josh as the go-to guy.

Yea but I do think Ferry is trying to get Smoove to play to his potential. Like it or not he is the go to guy this season, if he plays well an re-signs here. Maybe, just maybe he could attract some free agents in 2013.

Starters under contract next year Teague and Horford.Bench under contract for next year: Lou Williams, John Jenkins, Mike Scott.Players I would keeep for next year Damion James, Anthony Tolliver.We need to fill Starting SG, starting SF and Starting and Backup C.My favourite for Starting SG: James Harden and then Tyreke Evans, no shot at Muhammad really...My favourite for Starting SF: Dorrell Wright?? Probably find one on draft or get one via tradeMy favourite for Starting C: In reality I don't think we have a shot at Howard, so I would focus on Jefferson or Bynum, for the backup I would go through draft and/or Samuel DalembertTeague/WilliamsHarden/JenkinsAdonis Thomas/Damion JamesHorford/Tolliver/ScottJefferson/Dalembert/A. Len

I don't trust Harden. Feels like a Joe Johnson 2.0. Good player but will want too much money. Hell Lou Williams is as good as Harden, they both come off the bench. Only difference is Lou is much cheaper. Harden isn't proven as a starter, I don't trust it.

Starters under contract next year Teague and Horford. Bench under contract for next year: Lou Williams, John Jenkins, Mike Scott. Players I would keeep for next year Damion James, Anthony Tolliver. We need to fill Starting SG, starting SF and Starting and Backup C. My favourite for Starting SG: James Harden and then Tyreke Evans, no shot at Muhammad really... My favourite for Starting SF: Dorrell Wright?? Probably find one on draft or get one via trade My favourite for Starting C: In reality I don't think we have a shot at Howard, so I would focus on Jefferson or Bynum, for the backup I would go through draft and/or Samuel Dalembert Teague/Williams Harden/Jenkins Adonis Thomas/Damion James Horford/Tolliver/Scott Jefferson/Dalembert/A. Len

Teague is a restricted free agent next year, along with Ivan. Teams can go right after these guys and offer them contracts if Teague and Ivan aren't offered extensions by the Hawks. The Hawks do have the right to match any offer for those guys, which is good for us. But the Hawks may choose to just offer both guys the Qualifying Offer ( 3.47 million for Teague . . . 1.2 million for Ivan ). If they accept that QO, they then become unrestricted free agents in the summer of 2014. Mike Scott is a 2nd round pick, which means his 2nd year isn't guaranteed. The Hawks have to pick up his team option on his 2nd year in order to bring him back. The same goes for Deshawn Stevenson. So the only contracts that are set in stone going into next summer are: - Al Horford: 12 million - Lou Williams: 5.225 million - John Jenkins: 1.259 million ************************ As for your projected targets, I agree that James Harden has to be the guy the Hawks go all out to bring here. I don't think we have any shot at Howard or Paul. I'll also include Bynum to that list. But I see Harden in a JJ-like situation when he was in Phoenix. The Thunder aren't going to offer him a MAX deal, and will try to get him at a cheaper price. But if Harden has a season like last year, teams are going to go all out ot get him. The Hawks need to be in that mix for Harden next summer. The thing working against us in the Harden sweepstakes, is that OKC can still use their amnesty clause on somebody. And that somebody will definitely be Kendrick Perkins and his almost 9 mill salary in 2013 - 14. If they amnesty Perk, that will give them enough room to sign Harden at or near MAX level, and just fill Perk's spot with a scrub center. As long as the Thunder aren't terrified of paying the Luxury Tax, that may be the route they go.

I don't trust Harden. Feels like a Joe Johnson 2.0. Good player but will want too much money. Hell Lou Williams is as good as Harden, they both come off the bench. Only difference is Lou is much cheaper. Harden isn't proven as a starter, I don't trust it.

He literally does everything better than Lou Williams, and is more skilled at his age, than JJ was at that same age. http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx09_zUJTkk If Ferry could come into the 2013 - 14 season and put together this lineup PG - Teague G - Harden ( who would essentially be the PG/playmaker ) F - free agent/draft pick PF - Smith ( or Jefferson/Milsap ) C - Horford And still have Williams, Ivan, and Jenkins to bring off the bench, I would be happy going into 2013, with the Hawks just needing a decent backup big man ( who is better and more consistent than Zaza ). You say that Harden is JJ 2.0 I'll say that Harden at the MINIMUM is JJ 2.0. That means he has the potential to be even greater than what JJ was. Edited by northcyde

• Premium Member

I have no interest in James Harden, Al Jefferson or any other "B" list free agent. This franchise is dying of mediocrity and that's exactly what getting that level of talent would do: keep us locked in as second round fodder every year. No thanks to that. We just got OUT of that by trading Joe.For me it is either superstar via trade or free agency or we keep our salary cap clean and go fishing in the lottery.

• Like 2