• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I can't believe we won that game last night

Sothron

• Premium Member

My wife and I were throwing popcorn at the screen in that stomach turning third quarter when we simply couldn't score a basket. I think the Pacers went on an 18-0 run at some point in the third.And just when you thought the game was over we started making shots. Starting with the Deshawn Stevenson three in the corner in the third you could see the team take a big sigh of relief and get energized again.On the other side of the court it is like the Pacers forgot how to run an offense. How many times in the fourth did they have to shoot a horrible three pointer at the end of the buzzer to just get the shot off? I didn't keep count but it felt like half their 4th quarter possessions ended that way. Our defense stepped up big time and so did our guys on offense.To go on a 20-3 run like that was amazing to see. It felt like a total team win as the guy that was hot early (Josh) cooled down random other guys stepped up. Korver and Teague in particular down the stretch in the fourth and the work Ivan did defensively along with Horford really made a difference.This team showed some definite heart and fight to come back like that. It was a game that made you glad just to be a fan.

• Like 3

I can't believe we won either... I was shocked when I looked at the score this morning. I'm not going to lie,I went to bed after the third quarter. I learned my lesson, kinda po'ed at myself for missing that ending.Luckily, I record all Hawks games so I can watch it later. I guess I need to re-train my brain that this is a new cast of characters. For the last few years, 90% of the timewe would have folded like a cheap tent and moved on to the next game being down like that.Kudos for us!! Great win!Off topic, but I was curious and I like to follow old Hawks. JJ - so far, 14 pts. 2.7 reb. 2 assists a game. Not an earth shattering start, and Brooklyn is 1-2 and got smashed last night. Marv - 10pts, 3 reb. Sound familiar? Although, I read he played really good D on Kobe last night.

• Like 1

• Moderators

My wife and I were throwing popcorn at the screen in that stomach turning third quarter when we simply couldn't score a basket. I think the Pacers went on an 18-0 run at some point in the third. And just when you thought the game was over we started making shots. Starting with the Deshawn Stevenson three in the corner in the third you could see the team take a big sigh of relief and get energized again. On the other side of the court it is like the Pacers forgot how to run an offense. How many times in the fourth did they have to shoot a horrible three pointer at the end of the buzzer to just get the shot off? I didn't keep count but it felt like half their 4th quarter possessions ended that way. Our defense stepped up big time and so did our guys on offense. To go on a 20-3 run like that was amazing to see. It felt like a total team win as the guy that was hot early (Josh) cooled down random other guys stepped up. Korver and Teague in particular down the stretch in the fourth and the work Ivan did defensively along with Horford really made a difference. This team showed some definite heart and fight to come back like that. It was a game that made you glad just to be a fan.

Great game and I missed the 3rd quarter. So the three quarters i saw we looked unstoppable. I realize they don't have Granger but I never understood why Indy was given so much props this offseason.

• Moderators

Did anybody catch Holman last night? When Lou Williams hits that shot at the end Steve busts out a "Can you Lou whoo whoo!" http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgg1Yczq4vI

I love Holman. He should be a hero in the town if anyone cared about the Hawks.

It was a great game and the 4th qtr was really sweet. I don't know why the Hawks have had so many problems in the 3rd qtr for so long, but hopefully it will get worked out. The Hawks were playing zone defense in the 4th qtr and I think that is what made the Pacers look like crap. It worked against Oklahoma too.

• Moderators

I love my Hawks. The win last night reminded me of that comeback win vs. the Bulls couple seasons ago. The whole team showed a ton of heart and they never quit. Korver was fighting the whole night with his shot but hit 8 straight points to get us within striking distance. Deshawn was big. Lou was off too, but got some key dunks and Teague was clutch hitting that three to take the lead and then the layup afterwards. I'll admit it, during that 3rd quarter, I almost shut the game off myself, but I kept with my Hawks and they did not disappoint. I am so proud to be a Hawks fan right now!

It was a great game and the 4th qtr was really sweet. I don't know why the Hawks have had so many problems in the 3rd qtr for so long, but hopefully it will get worked out.

The Hawks were playing zone defense in the 4th qtr and I think that is what made the Pacers look like crap. It worked against Oklahoma too.

For the past 5 years Moe's BBQ has provided the halftime meal. These guys coming out the tunnel with a stomach full of ribs is the only explanation that I've been able to come up with.
  • Like 3

I left after Josh got his technical, then returned home seeing Ashton Kutcher being interviewed with the Factory rockin and I was like "wtf". I feel like an a$$ for not seeing an entire game this season, I think tonight will be the first with the King coming to town and all. We shot awful from the line and I'm going to need Devin to realize that 4 TO to 3 assists is not good. Sometimes I dont think he realizes bad ball, like when he faked 3 feet away from the basket, had an open look, but bounced the ball off Zaza's face even closer. PSH, you say Lou had 2 dunks? I hate to harp on the guy who left who I hate who shall remain nameless, but that's half his dunk total from the entire season last year. Zaza was big on the boards (his best season upcoming, Colin?), Josh the high assist man and the catalyst for some good looking interior passing between the bigs that I miss from Al's early years, Ivan + 11, no one in serious foul trouble, and what can you say about Korver. The dude will keep stroking until he finds it. It's impossible for him to be cold through 48 minutes. Outstanding Win, minus the dreadful FT shooting. This team seems to know full well that if a run goes against them, the run in their favor is soon coming. It's like the game is longer for them than in past years where we've seen our Hawks give up when faced with less adversity than last night. Give Drew his due, his feel for the flow of the game is always improving. I been all about the Falcons lately, but if we win tonight, they gonna have to take a backseat since I fully expect a loss in New Orleans. Let's f&@in go.

I left after Josh got his technical, then returned home seeing Ashton Kutcher being interviewed with the Factory rockin and I was like "wtf". I feel like an a$$ for not seeing an entire game this season, I think tonight will be the first with the King coming to town and all. We shot awful from the line and I'm going to need Devin to realize that 4 TO to 3 assists is not good. Sometimes I dont think he realizes bad ball, like when he faked 3 feet away from the basket, had an open look, but bounced the ball off Zaza's face even closer. PSH, you say Lou had 2 dunks? I hate to harp on the guy who left who I hate who shall remain nameless, but that's half his dunk total from the entire season last year. Zaza was big on the boards (his best season upcoming, Colin?), Josh the high assist man and the catalyst for some good looking interior passing between the bigs that I miss from Al's early years, Ivan + 11, no one in serious foul trouble, and what can you say about Korver. The dude will keep stroking until he finds it. It's impossible for him to be cold through 48 minutes. Outstanding Win, minus the dreadful FT shooting. This team seems to know full well that if a run goes against them, the run in their favor is soon coming. It's like the game is longer for them than in past years where we've seen our Hawks give up when faced with less adversity than last night. Give Drew his due, his feel for the flow of the game is always improving. I been all about the Falcons lately, but if we win tonight, they gonna have to take a backseat since I fully expect a loss in New Orleans. Let's f&@in go.

sir, we are winning in NO. Take it to the bank. Falcons are for real.
  • Like 2

• Moderators

The heat game is tomorrow. I don't want you to miss another one! LD still getting no credit for anything. Your center with 14 rebounds against supposedly one of the better centers in the east. Yeah I think Z is a starter. So far so good. The Heat will be a great test.

Good looking, Mac. Tickets still available...As for Sultan, I hope you're right, bruh. Just he laws of probability says we're past due for a loss, and Drew isn't the type of QB you want to face when that's the case on the road no less. I also am probably the biggest fan of Mark Ingram. Poor tackling against him, like we've been prone to this year, will make you look very bad against him. I know we're for real, but I want the Fakcons to get all the losing out of their system this month.

Zaza was big on the boards (his best season upcoming, Colin?),

I think rebounding wise and efficiency wise it will be. Although he did get an o-rebound last night and try to put it on the ground while surrounded by 4 defenders, Zaza has been A LOT smarter when he gets the ball this year. He has also gotten a lot better at timing his jump on rebounds it looks like, which is huge for a guy with no vertical at all. I think if Zaza keeps it up, he will be top 10 in the NBA in rebound percentage this season.

sir, we are winning in NO. Take it to the bank. Falcons are for real.

Aints are giving up 400+ yards the last few games, and the Birds are already pissed off about the Taints running up the score last time. Birds will drop 50 in the Pooper Dome and then take a dump at midfield.
  • Like 1

this game is probaly going to define our season. Its going to be a very up and down season.In the beginning of the 4th we looked freaking AWFUL. Just taking lazy jumpshot after lazy jumpshot. BRICK BRICK BRICK There was one sequence where four of our players didnt even both to cross the three point line while someone took a lazy jumper.then all of a sudden we started making our shots and getting dunks.This is going to be a very interesting season. I know for a fact there will be times where we lose 5-6 games in a row then there will be times where we will look like one of the best teams in the east. This forum should be very entertaining because of how bipolar our fans can be :)

this game is probaly going to define our season. Its going to be a very up and down season.

In the beginning of the 4th we looked freaking AWFUL. Just taking lazy jumpshot after lazy jumpshot. BRICK BRICK BRICK There was one sequence where four of our players didnt even both to cross the three point line while someone took a lazy jumper.

then all of a sudden we started making our shots and getting dunks.

This is going to be a very interesting season. I know for a fact there will be times where we lose 5-6 games in a row then there will be times where we will look like one of the best teams in the east. This forum should be very entertaining because of how bipolar our fans can be Posted Image

exactly lol! I'm still shocked as to how we won that game. I can't believe the heart of this team.