• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson's Brooklyn Obituary

thecampster

I don't miss him one bit after seeing how our team has played in the 4th quarter this year and I'm betting the fans in Brooklyn won't be happy with him either.Joe's stat line through 3 games in Brooklyn14.0 ppg, 37.8% shooting (50% on 3's...go figure), 2.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game and shooting 1.3 FT's a game. Brooklyn is 1-2 and their offense is averaging 92 ppg.Through 3 games, Ferry is looking like a genius.Comparing Joe's statline to Teagues 15ppg, 54.1% shooting, 3.3 reb and 6 apg in just 28 minutes. Joe isn't done but Brooklyn needs serious work...especially on defense and have no money to do it.

uhh , it's been only 3 games.This thread is about 40 games to early.We all know JJ is a streaky player.Seems like every month he plays like a scrub for 2 weeks and an for the other 2 weeks of a month.

It's a little different now though. With DWill there, there is no reason to put the ball in his hands now to create. He's getting shots (about 15 a game), he just isn't able to do much with them in their system.

Brooklyn should boo their gm for making such a risky trade. As a Hawks fan, there is a mountain of evidence suggesting Joe will never be the player he was. They rolled the dice that it was just coaching or he needed a change of scenery. When it's all said and done, Joe will be somewhere around the 15 ppg average shooting barely 40%. In other words, continued diminishing game with an albatross of a contract. But, he's someone else's problem now. Good luck Joe.

JJ is somewhere between a good and a very good player. He was hereand he wil be for the Nets.The problem is, and it's no longer our problem, he is paid as a super greatplayer, which he isn't. It's true, he has those super great games, that's whatmakes him sometimes very good. Then, he has those bad games wherenothing seems to go right. Following this, he may have several very ordinarygames.There are a lot of NBA players who wish they could be as good as JJ. They'renot and they have no chance of ever getting that big, super player contract.Marvin Williams always had two strikes against him when he came here. Hawksdesperately needed a PG and passed on a great one in the draft and insteadpicked MW. We soon discovered that, even though he was a good NBA player,he was drafted too high and we still didn't have a PG.JJ came here as a super player. He helped pull us up out of the terrible holewe were in. Then, we blew it, giving him a super star contract when he was't.Both players are gone. Both are good players in the NBA. All that being said,Atlanta is now better without them.

I wish the best for Joe. He had a big hand in making us relevant again, by that I mean competitive. It's not his fault he's making the money he is. It's was the Hawks, and now the Nets' decisions. I will predict this, as long as he's in Brooklyn, which will probably be five more years..his all-star appearances will stay at six. He's not the one option anymore, the alpha -dog. There's nomore iso-Joe, no more the ball has to run through him. Hell, he's not even a second option, let alone first.It's DWill, Lopez...then Joe. He's going to revert back to the player pre-Hawks, when he was in Phoenix..spot up 3 point shooter. He's been to the FT line 4 times in almost in over 100 minutes played this year.I hope I'm wrong...and I know it's only the third game, but someone that makes that much money is goingto be expected to do much, much more...and I don't see it happening.

• Premium Member

Joe will be fine. Those guys haven't played together until this year and it is showing. I believe Avery was on the news the other day calling out players for not even being in game shape yet let alone performing as expected.And as others said...he's not our problem any more. I hope he has a great year when he isn't playing us.

• Moderators

BOOklyn! lolI agree Joe will turn the corner soon, but you just know if he was starting out like that here, the hellfire would be incessant!I keep insisting that Gerald Wallace is the glue that makes that whole thing work up there. Once Crash went out against the Raptors it was like somebody removed the spigot on their frontcourt defense.~lw3