• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Jenkins will be getting more minutes

Brotha2ThaNite

Johnny Cash PER is 17.2 right behind Josh. This young guy will be getting more minutes. He's too good to sit.

Maybe he should be our 6th man.

If he keeps this up someone will mos def be traded.

Al Horford PER 18.9

Louis Williams PER 18.2

Josh Smith PER 17.5

John Jenkins PER 17.2

Jeff Teague PER 16.8

Ivan Johnson PER 16.7

Kyle Korver PER 14.7

Zaza Pachulia PER 13.9

• Premium Member

I have mentioned in another thread that Jenk can do whatever Morrow and Stevenson do in offense, and more.

It's true he needs to improve his defense, but right now I would rather have him on the court than both of those guys.

Morrow (and probably Harris) should be traded for some SF with decent defense/rebounding skills and a cheap PG prospect. I doubt Harris can stay healthy for the long run.

I love that Jenkins is getting minutes and producing.

Drew will have a tough decion when Harris gets healthy. Harris is the better overall , right now, in my opinion.

Keep in mind that Per only accounts for offensive stats with the exception of defensive rebounding. Blocks, steals, and opponents shooting % are not a part of that.

I bet Harris is traded in February but he will need to be show case and prove he is healthy.

I love that Jenkins is getting minutes and producing.

Drew will have a tough decion when Harris gets healthy. Harris is the better overall , right now, in my opinion.

Keep in mind that Per only accounts for offensive stats with the exception of defensive rebounding. Blocks, steals, and opponents shooting % are not a part of that.

I bet Harris is traded in February but he will need to be show case and prove he is healthy.

Was just reading some of the Peachtree Hoops stuff about how Jenkins might be making Harris and/or Morrow tradeable for a nice asset. Jenkins has a lot of room to grow defensively, but lets be honest he's not much worse than Teague is and he's so valuable offensively that he deserves 20+ minutes per game from here on out.

I don't think that Harris is going to be traded to a team looking to get good regular play for him. We'd be trading him to a team looking for an expiring contract and we'd probably be gambling on the player we acquire in return.

I was just checking out the Hawks shooting stats. Jenkins shooting stats are CRAZY!

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/atl/cat/fieldGoalPct/atlanta-hawks

I know he hasn't had many shots but when he does get the minutes he puts out at an unreal rate.

How does that old saying go, "I will ride that horse until he can't run anymore." lol

Jenkins himself could be a substantial trade piece with the lack of top flight shooting guards right now. Very similar to the lack of good point guards until the 09 draft help sustain the position. All in all excellent value for the 24th pick.

I was just checking out the Hawks shooting stats. Jenkins shooting stats are CRAZY!

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/atl/cat/fieldGoalPct/atlanta-hawks

I know he hasn't had many shots but when he does get the minutes he puts out at an unreal rate.

How does that old saying go, "I will ride that horse until he can't run anymore." lol

Sounds like a girl I dated in high school LOL :hump:

Jenkins himself could be a substantial trade piece with the lack of top flight shooting guards right now. Very similar to the lack of good point guards until the 09 draft help sustain the position. All in all excellent value for the 24th pick.

Not saying he's a young Reggie Miller, but can you imagine if we traded him and he became close to that level of a shooter? No way I am trading Jenkins anytime within the next 3 years at a minimum.

I'm very impressed wiht Jenk's offensive game. His defense isn't any worse than most of our SG's. Harris needs to get healthy so we can move him. I still like his game, but he's fragile, which has to drive his value down.

• Premium Member

Jenkins is playing well enough that I have to think Ferry would like to flip one of these expiring guards for some kind of trade chip like a future first rounder. I'm all for it. We only have a few guys we know will be here next season and I'd rather see them develop or get minutes than guys we know won't be back.

• Like 1

Not saying he's a young Reggie Miller, but can you imagine if we traded him and he became close to that level of a shooter? No way I am trading Jenkins anytime within the next 3 years at a minimum.

I had a horrible thought that John J is being showcased to be traded...I would absolutely HATE it if that happened. He is playing well, within himseld and in the flow of the offense, I am not worried about his defense yet - right now him running his man ragged thru tons of screens is enough of a defense.

• Premium Member

Jenkins is getting an opportunity right now for the same reason Jeff got his opportunity two years ago...injuries to veterans. Nothing more, nothing less. If he continues to play well, it will get interesting because you know Drew will be inclined to look to Stevenson and Morrow first simply because they are veterans even though Jenkins is arguably more talented then both. I also don't think a trade is a foregone conclusion as Ferry is not likely to spend one dime of cap space on a marginal player even if it would clear a log jam.

Edited by Jody23

• Moderators

I hate to say anything that could be misconstrued as saying that PER does a good job of reflecting defense but it absolutely does 'account' for blocked shots and steals by including them in its formula. It doesn't account for opponent shooting %.

I hate to say anything that could be misconstrued as saying that PER does a good job of reflecting defense but it absolutely does 'account' for blocked shots and steals by including them in its formula. It doesn't account for opponent shooting %.

Your right. I remembered there was an issue with blocks and steals as they relate to Per...............the issue is that Hollinger (creator of Per) believes that steals and blocks are rewarded too much in Per. I had it backwards. So my point is mute since neither of those stats are strengths of Jenkins game.