• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith says he's worth the max

Jody23

• Premium Member

Josh's contract situation goes hand in hand with his All-Star bids. That is the best way to describe this situation. What Josh needs to do to make an All Star game...is the same thing he needs to do to elevate this team...which is the same thing he needs to do if he expects a max contract.

• Like 1

Believe it or not, what is he supposed to say? "Na, I'm not worth the max contract and I don't want that much money." It's not like he went out of his way to say this. Anyways, I do not think he's worth the max contract, and I'm hoping he does not get the max contract meaning he will take less if a superstar comes here. Posted Image

Edited by AHawks89

• Premium Member

What he's supposed to say is, "Right now, my focus is on playing my best and getting this team to the playoffs. I'm a Hawk right now and that all that matters. Come this summer, we can talk about my contract."

What he said was, "I'm the shit. I'm the best player on this team. My money ain't got nothing to do with nobody else in the league. Mu'fukkas need to pay ME."

• Like 3

What he's supposed to say is, "Right now, my focus is on playing my best and getting this team to the playoffs. I'm a Hawk right now and that all that matters. Come this summer, we can talk about my contract."

What he said was, "I'm the shit. I'm the best player on this team. My money ain't got nothing to do with nobody else in the league. Mu'fukkas need to pay ME."

Exactly. Posted Image

“There shouldn’t be any hesitation. I’m Josh Smith, I’m not anybody else. I ‘m not Michael Jordan, I’m not LeBron James, I’m not Brook Lopez. I’m Josh Smith. You can’t look at what might’ve happened with another person. Let’s say Joe. You can’t say, ‘I’m skeptical of giving another person that’ because of whatever they feel like happened."

Smoove are you serious? You being Josh Smith is the reason I wouldn't give you a max deal.

Bye.

Yup. If anyone gives him that contract... Then they're dumb. Real dumb.

There is a good chance that he will never play better or as good anywhere else.

And you want to know why? Because he gets away with everything almost it seems. He seems extremely stubborn and hasn't changed one bit since his second or third year in the league. I doubt he will ever change by a lot and this will be the last big contract he gets before his athletic ability drops off a tad. People think he has a tough time scoring now... Just wait until he is 32 or 33 years old.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Teams that will give Josh a MAX deal

CHARLOTTE: They're a team devoid of talent, but have two 1st round picks this summer. I think Michael Jordan was at the ATL - CHAR game to not only watch his team, but to watch Smith on the floor. And he did put on a show for His Airness the other night.

CLEVELAND: On a team that already has a superstar ( Kyrie Irving ) and one of the best rebounders in the league in Varejao, Cleveland could easily give Josh a MAX contract and still have room to add a few very good mid level players. Add that to the fact that they could also get another lottery pick ( possibly Shabazz Muhammad ), and the Cavs could become VERY GOOD, very quickly.

HOUSTON: They already play at the fastest pace in the league. With ball handlers like Harden and Lin to pass him the ball for easy shots, alley-oops, and wide open jumpers, Josh would be in heaven in the Houston system.

These are all teams that could use a good big man. And teams that would be willing to overpay for him as well, seeing that Dwight Howard wouldn't have any of these teams on his "wish list". I think Dallas would go after Josh as well, but not for the MAX.

Edited by northcyde