• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks interested in Lowry

capstone21

I love Lowry ...always wanted him...he's a gritty leader and great defensive pg..always underrated in my mind. Followed him more when he was a Rocket. It seems when players go to Toronto they fall off this planet lol. If the cost isn't high I'd love to have Lowry ...not sure what that means regarding Teague tho.

I read that the Lakers are looking to trade Pau for him. Same article mentioned the Hawks were another potential suitor for Pau. Funny everyone and their mother is trying to pawn Pau on us.

Edited by HawkFan

• Moderators

Lowry makes $5.8 mil this season and in his final year he will make $6.2 mil FWIW. He's a great PG; a team first guy and stat-stuffer (my fantasy team appreciates him, hehe), but he is injury-prone which believe keeps him from getting the big money. Wouldn't mind to have although I don't know where that leaves Teague...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what we give up for him. Supposedly he only has $1 million guaranteed for next year. I suspect Teague's next contract will look similar to Lowry's so it is what it is. Whoever you like the best keep him and let the other one go.

Lowry is one of those guys who I know nothing about and feel kinda embarrassed because I know I should. Kinda like when I was the only guy here who knew nothing of Morrow and Tolliver. Can't say I've ever seen a whole game from him or ever followed his numbers. I'll take you guys' word he's a player, although I'm very leery of guys with injury histories. One Claxton is enough for my lifetime.

We definitely need another point guard behind Teague. Pargo is playing alright, but there was a reason he wasn't on a team. I don't know if Ferry and company want to make any deals this season or just ride this thing out into the off season.

I see a definite fit but I don't see what we could give up other than Morrow, Petro, and 2nd rd picks. I don't believe in giving away 1st rd picks.

I think we play best with 2PG's on the floor so IMO it would be ideal to start 2 PG's and have one come off the bench and really give the team a identity to push all game. We could get another PG easier than getting a C.

• Like 1

I see a definite fit but I don't see what we could give up other than Morrow, Petro, and 2nd rd picks. I don't believe in giving away 1st rd picks. I think we play best with 2PG's on the floor so IMO it would be ideal to start 2 PG's and have one come off the bench and really give the team a identity to push all game. We could get another PG easier than getting a C.

If you get back Lowry your not giving away anything. A pick in the 20' s really isn't that valuable. Since we will probably have two 1st I'm fine with trading one of them. Perhaps we could get him for Devin Harris expiring contract. Lowry is locked into a very affordable 4 year deal that he just signed. If we lose Smith then we definitely have to improve the perimeter defense.

I wish we would go after Rondo.

I'm a big Rondo fan as well, but he is slightly disappointing me this season. He has shown his attitude isnt the best in tough times and isn't that premier leader you want at PG as far as being able to mesh with and prop up various personalities on his team. He also dogs it on D much more than he did early on in his career. As much as I like him, I'm a fan of Ray Allen considerably more. He had no business having such a public, volatile dislike for a guy who is the picture of class and not to mention a Hall Of Famer to boot. With all that said, I'd do a backflip if he came same as I did when Joe left. If we keep Josh, we need a point guard who can keep his dribble at all costs, never panics with a dwindling clock, and knows the importance of not passing to Josh when he's lazily parked 18 feet out. Or a Rondo who would just probably argue with Josh and belittle his shooting to the point where he finally gets it. Either way. But I like what I'm hearing about Lowry. He is the third least known player in the Top 20 of PER, so I'm with it. At the end of the day, it's about maximizing whatever minutes you get by doing everything you can. I call it getting your Ivan on. Edited by benhillboy