• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

According to Hoopshype, Ferry is pursuing Dwight

reeballin4

Horford will make 12 million next year and Dwight's new salary will be about 20 million so if we traded straight up we'd only lose about 8 million of our cap space. I imagine we'd have to do more than that but the only players we could trade would be Lou, Teague, Jenkins or Ivan, unless we pick up options on Deshawn and Scott. We'd be far better off trying to get him at the deadline this year when we can trade any of our expiring contracts for him, but I doubt the Lakers will move him by the deadline.

If memory serves the 5th guy on that AAU team was Mike Mercer. He was a top 50 recruit coming out of HS in his own right and was Lou Williams teamate at South Gwinnett. He signed with UGA but was kicked off the team for disciplinary reasons. I think he finished his college career at South Florida in the Big East. Lou Williams was also a UGA commit but decided to turn pro. Morrow as we know played for Ga Tech.

That has to be the best AAU team ever. I was really into to HS basketball then. I had a cousin playing for North Gwinnett at the time....he played college ball at North Ga and is now a collegiate football referee. UGA actually hires him to referee their spring football practices. Nice perk to get some inside info on the football program.

Oh the good old days.........no time for HS basketball anymore.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

I think this deal helps the Lakers a lot more than us (what else is new?). Why would we give up a healty, reasonable guy with a fair salary for the next 3 years, for a prima doona with back troubles who can walk out the door at the end of the year (and take his AAU buddy(s?) with him?

• Like 2

If Ferry isn't willing to trade for him now, then he is not serious.

And I'll just say this. If a guy like Chris Broussard says that Dwight isn't interested in coming to ATL . . and Vescey says that Ferry is interested in Dwight . . . then Ferry needs to wake the hell up. Ferry can either confirm or kill the Dwight pursuit right now. But he won't, because he's not serious in obtaining him. He wants Dwight to fall right in his lap.

That ain't gonna happen.

• Moderators

And I'll just say this. If a guy like Chris Broussard says that Dwight isn't interested in coming to ATL . . and Vescey says that Ferry is interested in Dwight . . . then Ferry needs to wake the hell up. Ferry can either confirm or kill the Dwight pursuit right now. But he won't, because he's not serious in obtaining him. He wants Dwight to fall right in his lap.

That ain't gonna happen.

Of course we're talking about Dwight. Anything could happen.

• Like 1

Vecsey and Spears are far from the know and have little to no inside info on Hawks affairs. Vecsey got sued over a trade rumor. Woj is the authority on these types of on goings. Until then, I'm not taking any Hawk related rumors serious until he says.

• Premium Member

Here's my take.

Maybe Ferry plans to SNT for Dwight this season. Horf + Korver + Teague for Dwight.

If he does that and give D-12 the extension, then he has to show Josh the money.

The question is who will be our new PG next season? Lou Williams?

The new base will be:

Howard, Smith, and Williams. Add to that Morrow, Jenkins, Scott, and Zaza. There you have an All ATL team. What is missing is either a SG or PG with size. It would be a dream if we can get Rondo. But what we probably could get from Boston is DOC RIVERS. Maybe we can get Faulk to swing a deal for Austin Rivers. Probably 2 first.

Imagine:

Rivers, Williams, Morrow, Smoove, D-12.

With Doc Rivers coaching.

AndI'll just say this. If a guy like Chris Broussard says that Dwightisn't interested in coming to ATL . . and Vescey says that Ferry isinterested in Dwight . . . then Ferry needs to wake the hell up. Ferrycan either confirm or kill the Dwight pursuit right now. But hewon't, because he's not serious in obtaining him. He wants Dwight tofall right in his lap.

That ain't gonna happen.

Right..........that's a lovely logic gem. So Vecsey claims that those in the know say a trade now doesn't benefit the Hawks "at all". North's take? Ferry isn't serious about Dwight......while adding that another source claims that Dwight isn't interested in Atlanta....

So Ferry should display serious stupidity then by trading for a person who allegedly doesn't want to be here when it offers zero benefit? Strap his franchise just so he can give some fan confirmation on his interest?

Ever hear of "all your eggs in one basket"?

Of course, lost in all that analysis of Ferry's plans and psyche is, what exactly happened to the people actually responsible for trading Dwight regardless of his intentions?

Additionally lost in all of this for those with a lack of reading comprehension, Vecsey doesn't claim having any or hearing any sources on Ferry's interest. He's just speculating on it like everyone else given the presence of Dwight's buddies but even then he reiterates that it is a "summer move" throughout.

• Like 2

Peter Vecsey: By that, I mean, Ferry/Atl has assembled 3 of DH's AAU teammates--Josh, Lou & Morrow. U might have known that fact. It was news to me. What does that have 2 do w Horford? His salary goes long way toward completing possible sign-and-trade w Lakers. That's all-important since CBA prohibits using FAs in deals involving other FAs. So, if DH decides 2 lv LA, Atl can sign outright or in S&T Twitter If memory serves the 5th guy on that AAU team was Mike Mercer. He was a top 50 recruit coming out of HS in his own right and was Lou Williams teamate at South Gwinnett. He signed with UGA but was kicked off the team for disciplinary reasons. I think he finished his college career at South Florida in the Big East. Lou Williams was also a UGA commit but decided to turn pro. Morrow as we know played for Ga Tech. That has to be the best AAU team ever. I was really into to HS basketball then. I had a cousin playing for North Gwinnett at the time....he played college ball at North Ga and is now a collegiate football referee. UGA actually hires him to referee their spring football practices. Nice perk to get some inside info on the football program. Oh the good old days.........no time for HS basketball anymore.

I have a buddy that played that AAU team...he got tea bagged on a dunkAnd my high school bball team went to camp at UF one year and Dwight's high school team was there. There wasn't supposed to be any dunking during scrimmages but Dwight's team did anyway when the coach of my school says something to the ref. the ref looks and him and wipes some sweat off his brow with a ten dollar bill lol Edited by taz

Can't sign and trade this season.....that's an offseason move.

Austin Rivers is having the historically worst season so far

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&per_minute_base=36&type=advanced&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=g&c1comp=gt&c1val=40&c2stat=mp_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=5&c3stat=fg_pct&c3comp=lt&c3val=.34&c4stat=fg3_pct&c4comp=lt&c4val=.32&c5stat=ft_pct&c5comp=lt&c6mult=.55&c6stat=&order_by=ws

He's just living off his pop's name.

Also if Dwight is willing to sign with the Hawks then they simply do not need to trade Horford for him in order to free up salary. The logical move would be to move Horf to another team with cap, young prospects and picks to fill out depth through out the roster. Something like Phoenix for Kendall Marshall, Markieff Morris and picks or Houston, or Charlotte, even Dallas, etc. etc.

• Like 1

Threads like this are the reason I would like to close the door and Josh and move on but I know that it is not happening. All this worthless drama gets you people excited.

Edited by MrMeltdown

I have a buddy that played that AAU team...he got tea bagged on a dunk And my high school bball team went to camp at UF one year and Dwight's high school team was there. There wasn't supposed to be any dunking during scrimmages but Dwight's team did anyway when the coach of my school says something to the ref. the ref looks and him and wipes some sweat off his brow with a ten dollar bill lol

Ya ref'ing doesn't pay the bills. My cousin that refs college football is currently at Ga Tech geting his masters in environmental engineering. Chi-ching $$ !

I see Josh staying here until the off season. Houston clears 24 million in space if the cap stays at 58. They sign Al Jefferson to a deal starting at 13 million. So with 11 million left, they offer up Terrence Jones, Parsons, and Patterson maybe in a 3 way trade that nets us a first rounder for Patterson.

We give Houston a potential contender and we get Jones, Parsons, and a decent pick.

But if LA takes Horford for Dwight than you have to roll with that obviously. All contingent on their 7 game road trip and how bad they may do. Dwight has a bad lower back and shoulder that requires surgery, not so hot on him but the ownership needs revenue badly.

• Premium Member

Actually, I'm sure it's not lost on northcyde or any of the rest of us that Ferry can't confirm or kill b/c GMs can't talk about other teams' players. (Sure, he might say something off the record, but then that falls short of confirming or killing since it whatever is said can't be directly attributed to him.)

That ain't gonna happen.