• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We must re-sign Teague.

ATLscrubLove

By now I think we all realize CP3 probably wont come here. With that being said, Teague is the next best available PG. Honestly I want Teague for the long haul. I know he has some consistency issues but if he can play at a high level every night ( like he has the last 3 games ) then Teague can potentially be a top 10 PG in the league. I just hope he doesn't want top PG money...

We need to build this team around him and Horford.

• Like 1

CP3 needs to go to the Finals with this Clippers team to stay, and with J Craw as your go to scorer you are in trouble for the playoffs.

What if Teague asked for close to max? lol

If we are talking Smoove philosophy then I say Teague deserves a max as well lol. But if he asked for a max or anything near it I would officially rage quit.

Posted Image

I don't know about "must" sign him, but I wouldn't be opposed to it at all. Lets see him close out the season strong with a MIP candidacy and a playoff series similar to the one against the Bulls and I'm all for it, especially if we retain Harris and/ or Lou because Teague is considerably better with another ball handler where he can pick and choose to play off the ball. It does wonders for his driving and open three opportunities.

Edited by benhillboy

I can def see him being re-sign. I wouldn't be surprise if someone does come along and try to overpay for him. I have no idea who but there is always one team out there. Even a max offer will likely get match by the Hawks. They will not have anyone to replace Teague. This offseason I think Ferry will probably get real dose of reality of just how tough it is to get players to come here and play.

I agree that we gotta resign Teague... I'm pretty sure a lot of other teams have taken notice of his talents tho. Hope they don't end up stealing him away from us by offering more money than we're willing to match.

Edited by Q45T

I honestly dont see a big market for Teague. I mean how many other teams have a glaring hole at pg? It will probably be a situation like smoove where he waits and waits and then some other team will offer up a contract out of pity near the end (a la grizzlies to smoove) at a reasonable rate that we can then match. He's not a top ten pg, and like was mentioned, he needs another ballhandler playing with him to get the most out of him. He can't lead a team on his own, he won't (or shouldn't) get a ridiculous contract. He's not curry, rubio, jrue, or Lawson. Damn Kahn.

• Premium Member

I liked Teague from day one. He's been the only thing that gave me hope over the past 2 seasons. I like his game and I like how he's improved. Been saying it for years, but you've got to turn him loose... He needs freedom and room to grow.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I liked Teague from day one. He's been the only thing that gave me hope over the past 2 seasons. I like his game and I like how he's improved. Been saying it for years, but you've got to turn him loose... He needs freedom and room to grow.

More than anything he needs to be treated like Rondo is. He has the ball in his hands whenever he's on the court. You can't say its his team and he sets the tempo and then let Harris and Lou run the floor when they are out there with Teague. Teague has times when he isn't doing well but so does Rondo, Paul and all of them.

• Like 1

More than anything he needs to be treated like Rondo is. He has the ball in his hands whenever he's on the court. You can't say its his team and he sets the tempo and then let Harris and Lou run the floor when they are out there with Teague. Teague has times when he isn't doing well but so does Rondo, Paul and all of them.

I agree with you to an extent. Both Teague and Rondo are at their best when the have the ball is in their hands.

However, I'm OK with Harris sharing ball handling duties......especially when Teague is "feeling it" as a scorer. It gives the defene another look where Teague can run around screens and you lose no passing or play maing vision with Harris. When there is a true "SG" playing the backcourt then I agree Teague should be the only ball handler.

Teague just doesn't have the vision that Rondo does as a passer and playmaker for others. He will never be that 11 apg guy and lead the league in assist like Rondo and Nash are (very few have the vision and passing ability they posses). That just isn't who Teague is. Now if Teague ever gets put beside a legitmate low post threat ( like KG) and a legitimate wing threat ( like Pierce) then you will naturally see his assist increase.

I do agree that Teague should be the primary ball handler but not quite to the extent that Rondo is and that Nash was. Rondo does it out of necessity b/c he serves no offensive purpose when the ball is not his hands. Nash and Teague can spread the floor with the jummper.

I would like to see our bigs give the ball up to Teague to run the fast breaks more often. Sure Smith and Horford do make the play often but its my belief you will be more efficient if you let the PG run it and let our running bigs fill the lane and have a shooter at the 3 point line.

Edited by coachx

I like when Korver gets rebounds, he looks for Teague immediately. Teague starts off fast a lot, but the key to him is having that other ball handler on the floor in the fourth quarter. If 20 and 9 becomes commonplace, Ferry gonna have to dig deeper into the ASG account than he thought. I'm enjoying eating crow. I thought Teague was a career backup early on with very questionable awareness and BBIQ. He is not.

Edited by benhillboy