• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ellis may be out of Bucks package now? Package now around Illasova

ATLscrubLove

...I must say that it is interesting though that here we are with a winning record at the all-star break and there is virtually NO discussion of what kind of deal WE could pull off to improve our team enough to challenge for the ECFs this year.

We are not a "player" away from contending for ECF........we are "superstar" away and they are not being traded.

• Like 2

That is the point most here either can't understand or choose to ignore.

Illaysova + Dalembert's expiring contract and Pick #15 are not that bad of a return. We save $5 - $10 mill in cap space next year(depedning on how big of a contract Smith signs) for Ferry to build the roster with players who fit his plan.

With picks #15, 16, and #19 in the draft the wheeling and dealing will continue into draft night. Even with Smith I don't see the Bucks moving out of the 15th pick in the draft.

Teague

Harris / Jenkins

Illaysova / Korver

Horford / Ivan

Dalembert / ZaZa

I would like to see how this effects the Hawks and Bucks Win / Loss projections on one of those computer projection thing-ma-jiggers.

Smith makes the Bucks a MUCH better player if we send them him and they don't have to give up any good players. No way am I going to make a conference rival that much better without them giving up a little bit of sweetener and sorry but a mid-1st pick (which would not be more like early 20's with Smith on the roster) is not a sweetener. We need Sanders or Henson/1st or they can kick rocks for all I care.

That is the point most here either can't understand or choose to ignore.

Illaysova + Dalembert's expiring contract and Pick #15 are not that bad of a return. We save $5 - $10 mill in cap space next year(depedning on how big of a contract Smith signs) for Ferry to build the roster with players who fit his plan.

With picks #15, 16, and #19 in the draft the wheeling and dealing will continue into draft night. Even with Smith I don't see the Bucks moving out of the 15th pick in the draft.

Teague

Harris / Jenkins

Illaysova / Korver

Horford / Ivan

Dalembert / ZaZa

I would like to see how this effects the Hawks and Bucks Win / Loss projections on one of those computer projection thing-ma-jiggers.

To answer my own question:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/

According to John Hollinger this deal gives the following impact:

Bucks negative 7 wins

Hawks negative 1

This is not counting pick #15 if it is included or the $5 - $10 mill of cap saving we get next year.

At the worst we should have the right to swap picks with the Bucks...........hopefully we get their pick out right giving us 3 1st round picks to play with like Houston had last year.

Edited by coachx

To answer my own question:

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/feb/19/ugas-new-defensive-line-coach-finally-lands-big-fi/

According to John Hollinger this deal makes the Bucks negative 7 wins and makes the Hawks negative 1.

This is not counting pick #15 if it is included or the $5 - $10 mill of cap saving we get next year.

At the worst we should have the right to swap picks with the Bucks...........hopefully we get their pick out right giving us 3 1st round picks to play with like Houston had last year.

Their pick will end up in the low 20's if we trade them Josh and only take back their trash. No thanks for me.

Their pick will end up in the low 20's if we trade them Josh and only take back their trash. No thanks for me.

I seriously doubt losing Dalembert and Illaysova while gaining Smith will make their draft status change from 15 to 20 with 27 games to play.

I'd be happy to make a friendly Hawksquawk donation wager with you on it.

Your normally all about the statistical analysist...........Hollinger says the deal impact the Bucks with negative 7 wins over an 82 game season.

I see a team with Jennings, Ellis, and Smith as a major train reck waiting to happen. No way they win enough to move from pick #15 into the 20's.

Some serious over reaction their Dolfan.

Edited by coachx

Dont "have" to but I'd rather deal him now. Smoove is like a cancerous sist.

No, you are just dying to wear that jersey that you put oh so much thought into making.

If no deal approaches what the Hawks could have by resigning Josh to a reasonable deal or could sign in the offseason with the cap created then why bother? These are literally roleplayers on par with Zaza making 10s of millions yet you think that is some sort of desirable return for the Hawks?

• Like 2

Hawks add:

Illaysova: Win Share .157 / Per 17.4 / TS% .539

Dalembert: Win Share .158 / Per 20.0 / TS% .612

Hawks subtract:

Smith: Win Share .076 / Per 17.8 / TS% .495

Hawks add:

$36 - $57 mill of cap space over the next 5 years

Hawks possible add:

Pick 15

No one bothers to settle their emotions and think........Now why would Ferry do this ?

When you write down on paper its quite obvious.

Edited by coachx

Hawks add:

Illaysova: Win Share .157 / Per 17.4 / TS% .539

Dalembert: Win Share .158 / Per 20.0 / TS% .612

Hawks subtract:

Smith: Win Share .076 / Per 17.8 / TS% .495

Hawks add:

$36 - $57 mill of cap space over the next 5 years

Hawks possible add:

Pick 15

Are these stats this season or career?

Edited by AHawks89

• Moderators

Ilyasova - 8M per through 2016-17. Minutes have dropped this season. % of games started has dropped this season. No post game. Mediocre scorer and rebounder.

I would have to be paid to take him on. He could easily be the roadblock to a transformative deal in the future. Milwaukee would give him away at this point.

Dalembert is a filler salary - nothing more.

First round pick is 15 and falling if we make the trade so it isn't that exciting. I would be excited about a 2014 unprotected first round pick, though. I give it good odds that the Bucks fall back into the lottery if they make this trade and 2014 should be a better draft.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ilyasova is the poor man's version of Dirk, but if this is all the other teams are going to offer, then I am on the boat on just holding on to Smith. Then, in the offseason, offer Smith a team-friendly deal and let him walk if he Latrell Sprewell's it. We want a championship and you can't do that with a bunch of bad contracts.

• Premium Member

DF isn't going to just let him walk and repeat LeBron all over again.

At this point, just identify the better offer, or have a really good trade idea other teams will accept and pull the goddamn trigger.

Smith knows he isn't welcome anymore. He'll just showcase himself for the rest of the season. My goodness, this team is going to be (even more) awful from now on.

Ilyasova - 8M per through 2016-17. Minutes have dropped this season. % of games started has dropped this season. No post game. Mediocre scorer and rebounder.

I would have to be paid to take him on. He could easily be the roadblock to a transformative deal in the future. Milwaukee would give him away at this point.

Dalembert is a filler salary - nothing more.

First round pick is 15 and falling if we make the trade so it isn't that exciting. I would be excited about a 2014 unprotected first round pick, though. I give it good odds that the Bucks fall back into the lottery if they make this trade and 2014 should be a better draft.

Glad to see you admit Hollinger's win / loss metrics are garbage.

Hollinger says Bucks are negative 7 wins in this deal.

My eyes tell me a team with Jennings / Ellis / Smith and no offensive post threat will be a team with the worst shot selection in the NBA. I see a train reck.

If this trade goes through time will tell.

Mr Ferry, I see your vision.

and I'm out.