• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ellis may be out of Bucks package now? Package now around Illasova

ATLscrubLove

According to Broussard's "insight" Smoove has said that he would like to play with both Jennings and Ellis. Also Bucks aren't willing to trade Sanders or Henderson... Leaving a package of Illasova/Dalembert or Illasova/Mbah a Moute with a pick possibly. I still like Illasova, we need a SF badly however he hasn't particularly shown he is worth the money. Averaging 11 ppg 6 rebounds a game.

Guys no matter how we slice it, we are getting one bad deal back. Question is which bad deal is Ferry willing to take?

Edited by ATLscrubLove

Hell no to Ilyasova! In my opinion he is just not good enough for that contract, he's just a decent sub (20 mpg)...

If they're willing to part with some combo of Sanders, Henson, draft picks, Ferry should at least look at it.

Either way, whatever trade we make. We wont even be close to getting the talent back we are giving away with Smoove.

Thats just something we are all going to have to live with. Ferry is looking towards the big picture, which is offseason. I would like to keep Smoove under 1 condition. And that is he talks D12 into coming to ATL. Think of the talent we would have with Teague, KK, Horf, Smoove, D12. WIshful thinking, not gonna happen. But a guy can dream right?

If Josh's trade value is that low, I want the Hawks to keep him. I'd rather him leave for nothing than cave

That's the thing though...if we know he will leave or isn't in our future plans - any building block that we can get for him - combined with expiring contracts, is then a net plus (unless we think we have the juice to make a run this year).

• Like 1

The Hawks don't have to get a bad deal back.......

No one is trading unless they can dump one bad contract. Even Nets trying to dump Humprhies on us. Just not sure there is a team willing to trade real assets for a guy that will walk.

• Premium Member

If they aren't willing to part with Sanders or Henson then Ferry shouldn't make the deal. Who gives a F who Smith wants to play with. Of course he wants the Bucks to keep as much talent as possible, well F that! I want the Hawks getting the most talent possible in return.

Agreed.

We want who we want. Who is Milwaukee to command us to take their bad contracts.

Agreed.

We want who we want. Who is Milwaukee to command us to take their bad contracts.

Who are Milwaukee and who is Josh Smith to tell us who we can and cannot have. Of course I want no part of Ellis, but I don't want their trash either, especially not without their treasure.

That's the thing though...if we know he will leave or isn't in our future plans - any building block that we can get for him - combined with expiring contracts, is then a net plus (unless we think we have the juice to make a run this year).

That is the point most here either can't understand or choose to ignore.

Illaysova + Dalembert's expiring contract and Pick #15 are not that bad of a return. We save $5 - $10 mill in cap space next year(depedning on how big of a contract Smith signs) for Ferry to build the roster with players who fit his plan.

With picks #15, 16, and #19 in the draft the wheeling and dealing will continue into draft night. Even with Smith I don't see the Bucks moving out of the 15th pick in the draft.

Teague

Harris / Jenkins

Illaysova / Korver

Horford / Ivan

Dalembert / ZaZa

I would like to see how this effects the Hawks and Bucks Win / Loss projections on one of those computer projection thing-ma-jiggers.

• Premium Member

Looking at the first page of the 'squawk today made me think, "man these trades are flat out awful!". Where are all these rumors coming from, the opposing teams??? How do any of these trades benefit the Hawks now OR in the future???