Glad Smoove Is Still With The Hawks

hawkman

• Premium Member

Somebody had to say it. It would be wrong NOT to say it. I'm glad Josh Smith is still a Hawks. Call me sentimental, but I have followed this team since the 90's and have enjoyed watching the young guys grow up and develop into what they are today. There were quite a few Rookies that came here with high expectations because of where they were drafted. Only one has exceeded those expectation IMHO. I watched this guy come in as a dunker/shotblocker, and develop into much more valuable to this team. He has his faults and limitations, but who doesn't? In my years of watching the NBA, I've seen plenty of those long, athletic "freaks" like Stromile Swift, Darius Miles, (Marvin Williams?), etc flame out and end up out of the league or become marginal players because they lacked the desire and determination to become better. That was never a question with Smoove. I'll say it again: I'M GLAD SMOOVE IS STILL A HAWK!!! and I say that fully aware of the flaws in his game. My only regret in posting this thread is I know it will attract the usual detractors. I empathize with their frustration, but there has to be at least one positive thread about Smoove still being here ON A HAWKS FAN FORUM. Oh, and one more thing:SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Nostalgia vs. Good Business. Who knew that Nostalgia was such a good opponent.

It's possible that we blew our future for Nostalgia.

I guess that is like being happy to see Bob Sura reel off a few triple doubles when we were trying to tank to get D-12.

The Nostalgia of that has lasted this long.

Preach Brother!!!

Nostalgia vs. Good Business. Who knew that Nostalgia was such a good opponent.

It's possible that we blew our future for Nostalgia.

I guess that is like being happy to see Bob Sura reel off a few triple doubles when we were trying to tank to get D-12.

The Nostalgia of that has lasted this long.

Preach Brother!!!

What would you have qualified as 'good business'? Ferry taking that gag-worthy package from Milwaukee?

(I know, I know, we should have traded him this past off-season. But today, what would have been good business?)

• Like 2

• Premium Member

What would you have qualified as 'good business'? Ferry taking that gag-worthy package from Milwaukee?

(I know, I know, we should have traded him this past off-season. But today, what would have been good business?)

I don't really know what was offered... However, if those contracts were ending and there was a first attached... then yeah.

Look at the ramifications of keeping him.

We probably lose in the first round of the playoffs... again.

We don't have a really good draft pick.

Josh holds us hostage for a Max contract or he walks.

The best that we can hope for is:

1. CP3, D-12 jump on board.

2. We can get Josh to do a SNT with his new team.

If it comes down to option 2... and let me be D's Advocate for a minute.

Let's Josh forces a deal with Dallas because Dallas wants Josh, D-12, and Collison on the same team... they can force us to take back old man Vince and future picks or Old man Marion and Future picks. What they hell. Is that going to be better?

Teague, Carter, Marion, Horford, and Zaza...

Yeah, that's a championship look right there. Dynasty. Thanks Danny.