• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Kings

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Hey! Under the weather, and exhausted from yesterday, so I'm skipping out on my game threads for today and (probably) tomorrow.

Feel free to pontificate on tonight's game versus Sacramento in it's absence!

Should be fun to see those old orntihologically-correct unis! After a couple bad outings, here's hoping hope Jeff Teague shows up like he does on the promo with the "Lil Daddy Kane" hi-top... and gets the job done!

Tyreke Evans and Josh Smith are now off the big trading block, and will get ample opportunities to show how grateful they are!

The Kings don't pass well and have been poor defensive rebounders. Keeping DeMarcus Cousins and Jason Thompson off the glass on the offensive end will win half the battle. The new additions (including Cousins' UK buddy Patrick Patterson) will not join the team until their next game in New Orleans, so we'll see whether the Hawks assert themselves or just play around with these guys the way they did versus shorthanded Toronto a few weeks ago.

With the extra pressure on Cousins to hold it down in the paint, it will be fun to see if he can keep his composure when things don't go his way tonight. Boogie's tied with Kobe and one ahead of Kevin Durant, of all people, for getting T'd up the most in the league. Four more and he'll have to start paying up.

Go Hawks!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

C-Viv (@ajchawks) got the starting lineup in early today: DeShawn at SG and Zaza at C again.

I think Tolliver's a new daddy as of this morning (congrats!) and on paternity leave, so don't look for him to play tonight. Dahntay didn't get to be with the team at shootaround so he probably won't play unless they need garbage minutes from him.

~lw3

• Premium Member

lw3, hope you get well soon!

I haven't posted here much but I enjoy reading your write ups.

looks like we'll be a little shorthanded tonight. This should motivate the guys, I think.

• Like 1

Why did they take away that shot by Josh at the very end of the half? It looked like he got it off in plenty of time. Wait, they just showed it again and he got it off in plenty of time. That's ridiculous and it was a 3 pointer.

Looking at the box score, just noticed they didn't count that 3 pointer. I'm wondering the same exact thing. Did I miss something?

Zaza didn't do much tonight, but I wish Drew would just stick with the starting lineup he went with tonight. Just start the game BIG and see if we can use that to our advantage. Then bring in the speed and the sharpshooters to accelerate the game.

Very good all around game by most everyone who played tonight. Deshawn and Kyle must've switched bodies before the game.

SMH @ Isaiah Thomas. When I picked him up on my fantasy team earlier in the year, he didn't do jack. Tonight, he looked like the ORIGINAL Isaiah Thomas.

Hawks are now scheduled for a huge, six game road trip.

Currently, we are 7 games above .500. If we drop all six, we will still

be one over that mark.

Winning half of those three would retain that 7 game spread. Can we

do that? 2-4 wouldn't be terrible but any thing less, ugh.

What do you expect??

Good comeback win. We seem more able to turn it on against bad teams than we used to due to stringing stops together. I thought Cousins was gonna take over for a minute. Dude is too strong to be that smooth. Al coming out the All-Star break killing it. Teague made up for his awful night against Miami. That chase down block and layup on the other end was spectacular. Quiet as kept he has polished off his fair share of good PGs this year, the matchup with Jennings should be fun to watch tonight. I used to hate DeShawn, just like most people, but I've grown to like him. He doesn't do anything outside of his game: spot up and D up. Let's Go.

Good comeback win. We seem more able to turn it on against bad teams than we used to due to stringing stops together. I thought Cousins was gonna take over for a minute. Dude is too strong to be that smooth. Al coming out the All-Star break killing it. Teague made up for his awful night against Miami. That chase down block and layup on the other end was spectacular. Quiet as kept he has polished off his fair share of good PGs this year, the matchup with Jennings should be fun to watch tonight. I used to hate DeShawn, just like most people, but I've grown to like him. He doesn't do anything outside of his game: spot up and D up. Let's Go.

Teague was good but once again a quick opposing PG was able to go off and have a big night. I'm really worried about his inability to consistently play defense against quicker PGs and how that will hurt our overall defense against those teams.