• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No Hawks vs Nets Game Thread?

TheNorthCydeRises

OK . . well this will be the one then.

Just when I was about to be irritated as hell with Drew starting Petro . . the dude comes out looking like a young Patrick Ewing. Nets fans rolling over in their graves right now, about to have a fit that Johan is balling right now.

Keep it up dude. End this game quickly if you can.

• Moderators

Yep, my bad! Gota little carried away with the great weather today.

Tidbits about the Brooklynites from the draft I threw together earlier...

Deron Williams is flying south and, boy, let’s hope his arms are tired. The Brooklyn Nets will be going after their third-straight victory at the Highlight Factory. D-Will exerted his will on the Washington Wizards on Friday night, serving up 42 points on just 25 shots (including 16 threes, sinking 11 of them). He’ll need a lot more help from his teammates to get off the schneid in Atlanta. Similar to the Hawks’ continued futility in Boston Garden, the Nets haven’t pulled out of Philips Arena with a win since November 2008.

Say what you will about the hastiness with which Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov had November Coach of the Year Avery Johnson dispatched in favor of P.J. Carlesimo, but the decision sure seems to be working out. The Nets split their first 28 games under the Little General, but are choking much less as they haven’t lost 14 games since (22-12 under P.J.). The Net defense has improved, going six straight games without giving up 100 or more points in regulation. Opponents have scored 100+ points just eight times in Carlesimo’s 34 games, compared to eleven times in their first 28.

The Nets dominated the rebounding in last night’s matchup with the Wiz, a season-high of 61 boards, led by Reggie Evans’ career-high of 24. Lost in the excitement over Deron’s big night, the rest of Williams’ crew were offensively futile against the Wizards, shooting a combined 17-for-57 from the field, the poor shooting from both teams giving Evans ample opportunities. Also, despite

Deron’s presence, the Nets rank 28th out of 30 NBA teams in assists per game. Williams’ 7.5 APG is the lowest since his rookie year.

Our old friend Joe Johnson has shot just 40% (24-for-60) for just 12.0 PPG over his past five games, and is turning the ball over quite a bit lately (4.5 TO/G over last 4 games). Brook Lopez has slowed down since his All-Star appearance, averaging 16.9 PPG and just 5.7 RPG over 8 games (19.0 PPG and 7.4 RPG before the break). Aside from his Foot Locker ad groupies, Kris Humphries is literally an afterthought. Perhaps commensurate with the Nets’ improvement defensively, Hump is averaging just 12 MPG since February and scoring just seven points combined over his last six games.

Go Hawks!

~lw3

So Drew starts the game running the offense through Josh where Teague is barely involved other than to just be out there. Gives Teague 3 minutes in the 2nd with the ball and benches him when he's not perfect. I'm not sure what LD want's from Teague. "Be aggressive", not allowed to run the offense. Gets aggressive, not running the offense perfectly and gets benched. Why exactly would Teague want to sign with us in the offseason?

So Drew starts the game running the offense through Josh where Teague is barely involved other than to just be out there. Gives Teague 3 minutes in the 2nd with the ball and benches him when he's not perfect. I'm not sure what LD want's from Teague. "Be aggressive", not allowed to run the offense. Gets aggressive, not running the offense perfectly and gets benched. Why exactly would Teague want to sign with us in the offseason?

Hopefully Larry will be gone next season, and perhaps certain other teammates.

( sigh )

Not the worst loss of the season, but it's close.

JJ plays like crap, and we're losing by 20?

And all of a sudden, we're 7th in the East . . . with the Heat and Lakers staring us in the face in these next two games.

Like I said in that thread earlier this week, this schedule isn't going to do us any favors. No cupcakes.

( sigh )

Not the worst loss of the season, but it's close.

JJ plays like crap, and we're losing by 20?

And all of a sudden, we're 7th in the East . . . with the Heat and Lakers staring us in the face in these next two games.

Like I said in that thread earlier this week, this schedule isn't going to do us any favors. No cupcakes.

They couldn't beat the last cupcake team they played either. This team and franchise is DONE. There is no legit reason to believe next year will be any more meaningful.

Our last 6 games = = = = = 1-5 Ugh!

Throw in to make trade work in the JJ deal becomes our starting center.

Man, he looked great in the 1st quarter. Then, ?? What happened?

I know we got whipped bad, but did the refs miss a foul or two on us?

Not that it would have mattered, we were so far behind.

JJ had his typical Atlanta game! I'm impressed with their center. Now,

there's a center in every sense of the word.

Hawks just had too many cold shooters after the 1st quarter.

We miss you Zaza! Get well!

GO HAWKS!!

We're sinking fast and no light showing at the end of the tunnel.

Energy shot.

Just when I was about to be irritated as hell with Drew starting Petro . . the dude comes out looking like a young Patrick Ewing. Nets fans rolling over in their graves right now, about to have a fit that Johan is balling right now.

Keep it up dude. End this game quickly if you can.

Well we ended it alright...with turnovers Posted Image ...oh well...on to South Beach Tuesday.

That was ugly. Encouraged by Petro. He looked Phoenix Stoudemire-esque, if you will, making three different plays off the PNR early on. And the younguns played with energy in garbage time. Not exactly the best time for this team to go back to back with the 2 best players I've ever seen. Too many jumpers, too many defensive breakdowns. I still got faith in the guys, though, but we very well could be fighting for 8 by the start of next week. Fortunately we play the Bucks 3 times. Hopefully we can get the Lakers at home, but if you been watching Bean lately, he's turned back the clock about 6 years. Let's Go.

It's done for the short term anyway. With no meaningful draft pick it's unlikely that the hawks will land a great draft pick next year either. Despite having cap space, it's gonna be tough for Ferry to really make anything happen this off season or next year. He will either have to overpay this off season, or he will have to hope that the Hawks do have a 25 win season next year. It's a pretty tough position to be in.

It's done for the short term anyway. With no meaningful draft pick it's unlikely that the hawks will land a great draft pick next year either. Despite having cap space, it's gonna be tough for Ferry to really make anything happen this off season or next year. He will either have to overpay this off season, or he will have to hope that the Hawks do have a 25 win season next year. It's a pretty tough position to be in.

We can't be TOO BAD though. Because in 2 years, it's Al Horford that will be up for free agency. If this team is in rebuilding mode, he may not stick around for that, unless the Hawks grossly overpay him.

Sound familiar?

Boy I'm glad I didn't realize we had a game tonight. Sounds like the Hawks didn't realize it either.

Haha...I missed the first few part myself so all I saw was the turnover-fest and then the arse kickin the rest of the game. We had a couple mini-runs keyed by the subs (esp Jenks)...but you could tell we didn't have the energy tonight.

(as I posted in the chat)...to paraphrase Ron White's old joke: "This team sure has a lot of quit in it"

LD didn't seem to be too upset in the post-game though...I guess he expected it. Just a funky game all around.

At least the crowd semi-booed JJ. But that was drowned out by a few bandwagon Nets fans that made their way to Philips.

Wish the crowd will put that much "energy" in booing Kobe on Wednesday night. But it'll be just the opposite.

Hawks essentially have 2 more road games to play, before they play at home vs Phoenix on Friday night.

• Like 1