• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

790 the zone is saying that Josh was benched

Wurider05

they were saying this morning that Josh was benched for the Lakers game due to how he played in the heat game. When asked why Josh didn't play in last quarter of he Heat game Drew stated that it was a coaches decision. Apparently Drew is getting fed up with Josh. The sprain knee was just a cover based off what they said on the radio.

His recent comments about Atlanta have the worst fans in the country after the Brooklyn game is horrible.

You don't need to be hurting your hometown franchise when you already have 1 foot out the door. The reason Atlantans get fed up with the Hawks is because of Josh Smith.

Insult, meet injury. Josh has zero brains, both on and off the court.

I heard 790 today too, and it's good to hear so much Hawks talk. That Harry Douglas interview was brutal though.

Hate to see Josh reach these depths...He is by far the most polarizing Hawk of all time...He can be the best player on the floor for three minutes followed by the worst player on the floor the next three minutes. I have always loved Josh being he is from Cobb County and went to McEachern but it is time for him to make a move...For his sake and our beloved Hawks sake...

• Like 1

Insult, meet injury. Josh has zero brains, both on and off the court.

I heard 790 today too, and it's good to hear so much Hawks talk. That Harry Douglas interview was brutal though.

Their signal is too weak for anyone to hear them outside the perimeter........which is sad.

I did catch the Danny Ferry interview on 680 this morning though.............but there was no mention of Smith being suspended. Ferry was out scouting conference tournaments last nights for the draft. He said he was going to watch the Hawks / Lakers game this morning.

Their signal is too weak for anyone to hear them outside the perimeter........which is sad.

I did catch the Danny Ferry interview on 680 this morning though.............but there was no mention of Smith being suspended. Ferry was out scouting conference tournaments last nights for the draft. He said he was going to watch the Hawks / Lakers game this morning.

Use the 790 app. I live ITP, and even I use the app at home.

there maybe some truth to this. Remember he also got benched/suspended after that chicago game when we were on that losing streak.

I guess its just more media friendly to say someone didnt play due to an injury than benched due to coaches decision.

• Like 1

So with less than 2 months left on his second contract with the team, NOW we start to bench him for all his mistakes???Championship Caliber Organization.

I wonder if LD is sorry/disappointed that DF and the Hawks did not trade Smith before the Trade Deadline?

One would think so - probably - with the modification to the S-n-T rules it looks more and more like Smoove will move on and we will get nothing (but capspace).

At this point there is almost no reason for LD to have to suck up to the guy.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/jeff-schultz/2013/mar/13/without-teague-smith-or-seeming-hope-hawks-pull-mi/

With a dented roster, a lineup to make even the most ardent NBA fan look sideways and the presumably lame-duck Josh Smith sitting out with a knee injury and, yes, after another benching (sssssh), this didn’t figure to be a night the Hawks would juice their playoff seeding or season-ticket sales.

• Like 1

Maybe Larry wanted to win, so he benched Smith to facilitate that. Larry wants to keep food on the table, you know?

So with less than 2 months left on his second contract with the team, NOW we start to bench him for all his mistakes???Championship Caliber Organization.

• Like 2