• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

790 the zone is saying that Josh was benched

Wurider05

I'm glad that Smith's lackluster play is finally being addressed. However, this will be too little too late. Smith will leave this summer. I just hope Ferry has a strong plan foe making this club into a contender. I think he does, but we'll see if that happens. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

• Premium Member

Benched huh?

Maybe they are trying to keep his value in tact. However, usually, benching is a public affair, not a coverup job. What's the use in benching him if everytime we do so, it's as secret at the Pope Conclave?

Doesn't the head coach make the call on this?

Not on most NBA teams. It is fairly common for a star player to get pissed at a head coach, and get him fired in short order. What this tells me is that Ferry is no longer trying to placate Josh.

I bet if we benched him for a couple more games that Smoove and his agent would get the message and smoove could actually come back and play with a little motivation for that max deal he so richly deserves..lol

Benched huh?

Maybe they are trying to keep his value in tact. However, usually, benching is a public affair, not a coverup job. What's the use in benching him if everytime we do so, it's as secret at the Pope Conclave?

IMO I think they told smoove would be benched then smoove and his agent didnt want to further damage reputation as he has already been suspended from the team AND he will be entering free agency so they had a mutual agreement to fake an injury until he was allowed to play again.... Posted Image

Edited by yungsta

Has this been validated or you actually taking "Mayhem in the AM" words for it. You don't bench a guy when the team is dropping like flies to injury, it's absurd.

He and Teague are listed as questionable for Fri. I say sit them out until they are relatively pain free. It will force Drew to dig deep into the lineup and perhaps a bench guy can distinguish himself for the stretch run. Same thing happened to Teague vs. the Bulls.

Nevermind, they are just asking Drew about Dahntay. Drew is gettin pissed while defending Jones. It should be on the ESPN radio webpage later Nothing about the win being shorthanded. I was just getting a tad interested Atlanta was gettin some run. It was like half a segment.

Not on most NBA teams. It is fairly common for a star player to get pissed at a head coach, and get him fired in short order. What this tells me is that Ferry is no longer trying to placate Josh.

Damn, that's good news from the front office!

I would love to believe that Drew made a decision that put Josh in his place but until this can be validated by a source other than 790, that also announced a bogus trade at the deadline involving Josh, then I must assume this to be intriguing but possibly just false.