• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Osi to the Birdz Official

Ruckus

Love it b/c the price can't be too high given our cap space.

He has always played around 255 - 260 lbs.................I see him as a 3-4 OLB in Mike Nolan's defense with the ability to play with his hand in the dirt as 4-3 pass rushing 4-3 DE, like he has always been.

This opens up flexibility in the draft.

So I called this about a month and a half ago...forgive me but this is the first time I've ever been right about a personnel move with the falcons lol. But I love the move, price is about what I expected and I think we still have the ability to bring in one more defensive veteran while still leaving cap for the draft. Get it done TD

• Like 1

I could see us trading for Revis, signing James Harrison, etc. Haven't been this excited about a draft in a while! Falcons are in a unique position with their offense pretty much set. Focus on defense and maybe take a couple chances on a couple of offensive studs for the future. I would take a chance on the honey badger, Lattimore, or another legit RB / TE if the chance would arise. But focus should be DL / OL I think.

• Moderators

My biggest hope for him is that his performance will improve significantly with returning to a starter status. Let's face it: moving to third string as a pass rusher pretty significantly limits your opportunities. Either way we need more pass rushers in the draft.

Falcons make a great move bringing Osi here cause I was worried after they cut Abraham what we do about a pass rush. Abraham slowed down over the years and Osi didn't play many snaps last year as well but I feel Osi is better upgrade.

in his press conference he sounded like he was more than ready to go out and ball....totally different from that bum ray Edwards. He's an actual fan o the team, he wants us to win as much as we do, can't wait for the season to start.

• Like 1

Y'all can't afford Revis he's got a huge cap number as I think he's making 12-13 million this year and I believe most if not all is guaranteed. He wants another huge deal after this and as good as he is he's not worth the headache that comes with him in addition to the QB type if money he wants. I highly doubt Rex will let the Jets trade him anyway unless they are getting multiple 1st round picks and that's too much for an aging CB coming off if major knee reconstruction making QB money. Much better off using your 1st round pick on a CB who's locked into a cheap deal.

Oh and the Osi signing could be great if he's really motivated, but it's hard for me to believe he will be better than Abraham was as a fit for y'all's D. Abraham was just a beast and I'm still praying either he or Freeney drop their price so Miami can sign one of them.

Dolfan -I agree with you on Revis. That's way too much money.I do, however, think that Osi will have an impact. I like Abraham but see Osi as an upgrade. That's just me. I'd be all about bringing back Abraham for the right price.

I personally can't stand Osi. Coughlin hated him because he was insubordinate and felt entitled. Saw an episode of Cribs with him and he just came off as a complete ass. "Only Big Boys get driven around in their Rolls Royce." GTFOH. Just like Abe, he will only have an impact versus poor tackles, which are few and far between in the NFC South. I guarantee there will be locker room issues with him this season.