• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can't believe the Falcons released Clabo

Admin

Yeah that Carolina game we gave up 7 sacks I believe. That was clabos worst game easily. Greg hardy and Charles Johnson ate us alive that game. 7 sacks just between those 2 players. It was ugly.

Horrible game. I thought Matt was not going to finish that game. Arizona was another game with too much pressure.

I had to go back and find that article that mentioned it but it was actually the Panthers game and Charles Johnson, who had 3.5 sacks that game, but the Falcons won 30-28. There's a Falcons (his 2nd team) fan who's an actual NFL scout on my Dolphins forums and he said that game it seemed like Johnson had about 7 sacks. Do you remember that game?

Yes I do. I think we were down 21 - 3 or 21 - 6 at halftime.

The Green Bay games I was refering to were in 2010 and 2011 where Matthews ate Clabo up.

Yeah that Carolina game we gave up 7 sacks I believe. That was clabos worst game easily. Greg hardy and Charles Johnson ate us alive that game. 7 sacks just between those 2 players. It was ugly.

Damn that may be the worst game by an offensive lineman in history! Charles Johnson is a beast but I don't even know who Greg Hardy is so that's pretty bad that he ate Clabo up too.

Horrible game. I thought Matt was not going to finish that game. Arizona was another game with too much pressure.

That's one thing you can say for Ryan is that he's a tough guy and can take a hit!

Yes I do. I think we were down 21 - 3 or 21 - 6 at halftime.

The Green Bay games I was refering to were in 2010 and 2011 where Matthews ate Clabo up.

Oh well that's good to know that at least it wasn't an isolated incident of Clabo getting eaten up in a game. But Matthews and Johnson have made some pretty good tackles look bad the past few years. Hell Jake Long was perhaps the best LT in the game until this past year and I've seen him get eaten alive by guys like Abraham and Freeney so it just goes to show that even the best struggle against the premiere DE's / OLB's.

I find it hard to look at the indidvidual interplay on the lines during a live game, even though I think it's where games are won and lost. I like to look at the game tape on NFL Network. You could clearly see that McClure was on his last leg live, though. I liked Clabo, but as someone else stated the entire line took a hit losing Dahl's nastiness. Far be it from me to question 'Troff on any moves. Clabo did commit more penalties than I care to see, though. Whenever the flag was thrown, 9 times out of ten I knew it was him.

Edited by benhillboy

I find it hard to look at the indidvidual interplay on the lines during a live game, even though I think it's where games are won and lost. I like to look at the game tape on NFL Network. You could clearly see that McClure was on his last leg live, though. I liked Clabo, but as someone else stated the entire line took a hit losing Dahl's nastiness. Far be it from me to question 'Troff on any moves. Clabo did commit more penalties than I care to see, though. Whenever the flag was thrown, 9 times out of ten I knew it was him.

You can't do it on tv.......I had season tix until last year. When you see the whole field you can tell what lineman is being abused and which cb can't cover. On tv they zoom in on the ball too much to do good scouting. Now that I'm a daddy I kept my UGA season tix and gave up my Falcons season tix. Have to raise my little girl right.........now I can take her to church on Fall / Winter Sundays. Edited by coachx

You can't do it on tv.......I had season tix until last year. When you see the whole field you can tell what lineman is being abused and which cb can't cover. On tv they zoom in on the ball too much to do good scouting. Now that I'm a daddy I kept my UGA season tix and gave up my Falcons season tix. Have to raise my little girl right.........now I can take her to church on Fall / Winter Sundays.

True. The worst is the X-Reciever. You can't see a damn thing near the line of scrimmage. I know Roddy whips most corners' azz in that area with his wrestling background, but I want to see it. You can see Julio up top, but it's pretty boring watching him off the line of scrimmage because dudes be playing 10 yards off, to no avail. Still getting burnt.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's about damned time he signed and I'm soooooooo thankful to have not traded our 2nd round pick for Brandon Albert and instead used that pick to move up and get Dion Jordan and signed Clabo to what I'm certain is a much more reasonable contract.

Once again you all are having a nice offseason, hope it translates on the field.....except week 3 of course lol

• Like 1

Once again you all are having a nice offseason, hope it translates on the field.....except week 3 of course lol

Yes sir the final hole in the roster has been filled and I'm very happy to have this OT stuff behind us! And thank you and I hope the same for the dirty birds as well! Week 3 should be a good game as both teams should be playing close to their peaks by that point.

I still don't know much about your running game but you don't seem to worried about it so I guess it should be ok. I also don't know how big of a loss Bess is going to be either, the guy was huge on 3rd down for you all.

I still don't know much about your running game but you don't seem to worried about it so I guess it should be ok. I also don't know how big of a loss Bess is going to be either, the guy was huge on 3rd down for you all.

Lamar Miller, last years 4th round pick and former Hurricane star, will be the starter. Then we got a huge steal in Mike Gillislee from Florida, who has very few carries for someone with as many TD's as he had in college and he'll probably be the backup. We've also got our 2nd (or 3rd can't remember) round pick from 2 years ago Daniel Thomas plus a guy we've been hiding in PUP in Jonas Gray who was a stud at Notre Dame but went undrafted due to a horrible knee injury. So yeah none of our guys are really proven in the NFL but Miller did average about 5.5 yards per carry as a rookie last year. That's why I wasn't worried about losing Reggie Bush.

Losing Bess is no big deal at all since we signed Brandon Gibson from the Rams, who actually led the NFL last year in 1st down and TD conversion percentage. He's bigger and faster than Bess so he should be able to run Bess's routes without any trouble and be more productive. Plus we've got a 7th round pick from Nevada last year who's going to be a very good WR and we picked up a couple of UDFA's who might have a shot in the NFL, although probably not with Miami.

Yeah I remember you telling me about him before but just don't know much of anything about him. I know you all are going to need that running game to take pressure off o tannehill so hopefully he does come out and play well

Yeah I remember you telling me about him before but just don't know much of anything about him. I know you all are going to need that running game to take pressure off o tannehill so hopefully he does come out and play well

I was saying before the draft that some team would get a steal in Gillislee but never expected Miami to get him in the 5th round as I thought we were ok at RB. But the kid could be the steal of this years draft as he rarely got feature back carries at UF but had a crap ton of TDs. Something like 20 TDs on around 400 carries in his career at UF which is just ridiculous production. I just hope that our former Falcons Grimes and Clabo play up to their former standards as we are relying heavily on them.

• 5 months later...

Well that mother f*cking piece of sh*t Clabo just cost Miami another game. That fat piece of dog sh*t couldn't block someone in a phone booth. First player I've ever wished an injury upon because he's getting Tannehill killed. He's literally the worst OT I've ever seen in my entire life.

Did someone jack Dolfan account? Posted Image I have never seen him this angry. Posted Image

I'm pissed because he's been awful all season and we had the bye week to replace him and all they did was say you better play better or else... Surprise surprise he lets Mario Williams kill Tannehill 3 times this game, which I think puts Clabo into double digits for sacks allowed already this year, and it costs is another game. I can honestly say I've never hated a player on my teams as much as I hate Clabo.

I'm pissed because he's been awful all season and we had the bye week to replace him and all they did was say you better play better or else... Surprise surprise he lets Mario Williams kill Tannehill 3 times this game, which I think puts Clabo into double digits for sacks allowed already this year, and it costs is another game. I can honestly say I've never hated a player on my teams as much as I hate Clabo.

So I'm guessing the thread title has been answered? Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

So I'm guessing the thread title has been answered? Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Haha yes! If you guys don't see me around after next week it's because I drove to South Florida and assassinated Tyson Clabo and our offensive line coach because of him still being in the starting lineup.

Looks like I was wrong as well, Clabo has only been credited with 7 sacks allowed through 6 games.

MIAMI -- It was an odd scene that doesn’t happen often in an NFL locker room.

Following the Miami Dolphins’ 23-21 loss to the Buffalo Bills, Miami offensive line coach Jim Turner -- unplanned and unannounced -- came to the defense of starting right tackle Tyson Clabo during the player's interview.

Turner spoke over Clabo during a hard line of questioning after Clabo gave up two fourth-quarter sacks to Bills defensive end Mario Williams that changed to complexion of the game.

“You’re talking about two plays in the whole game,” Turner said behind the large group of media in defense of his offensive lineman. “The guy played a great football game today against one of the best players in the NFL.”

It was an effort by Miami’s position coach to boost morale of his struggling and much-maligned right tackle. However, the facts are the facts: Clabo has now allowed seven sacks in six games. Miami’s right tackle is not having a good season, and it came back to haunt the team in the fourth quarter.

Williams beat Clabo inside with a power move twice in the fourth quarter to get to Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill. The second sack caused Tannehill to fumble and set up Buffalo’s game-winning field goal by former Dolphins kicker Dan Carpenter.

To Clabo’s credit, he stood up and faced the music with the media after the game. He was open and honest about his poor play in the fourth quarter.

“I have to take full responsibility,” Clabo said. “Those sacks are my sacks. There’s no way around it.”

Miami’s coaching staff put Clabo on notice during the bye and said his play must improve. After giving up two key sacks that led to the team’s third straight loss, where do the Dolphins go from here?