• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks are simply overmatched versus the Pacers

gsuteke

Watching tonight's game it's obvious their team is better than ours. It looks like their guys have 4 inches of length on our guys and they are fundamentally sound. The Hawks have been undersized for years now. Paul George looks as tall as Josh Smith with PG skills how can Harris defend that?I'm reminded now that we traded Joe and Marvin for expiring contracts. And this is what we get. This isn't the Hawks team we will see next year. Danny Ferry better own this free agency period.This season was over before it began

• Moderators

I felt our guys played much better in Game 2 than Game 1. Felt in Game 1 we lost but in Game 2 we got beat by better team. Josh hustled with the little minutes he played, Horf spent a lot more time under the hoop, and the rest of the team left it out there on the court too. That's the Atlanta Hawks that I love and I can live with losses like tonight. Go Hawks!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

As overmatched as Devin looks at SG, I'd like to see John Jenkins get a few minutes. I remember him looking pretty darn good against Kobe earlier this season on both ends of the court (really pleasantly surprising me on defense in that one). Jenkins also spreads the floor in a way that Harris can't.

You cant be undersized across the board with an average offense and expect to do anything in the playoffs.

We have a PF playing center

A SF playing PF

A PG playing SG

and our so called SF's dont rebound at all and are other matched by the other teams SF's so you might as well say they are SGs playing SF.

We have to get bigger. Looking at what Ferry did in Cleveland ( Big Z, Shaq, Jamison, Verejao, and Hickson ), I think he already knows this. Inside the paint scoring is efficient and good 3pt shooting is efficient. His whole philosophy is based on being efficient.

If we look like a expansion team next season, we will at least look like one with a bright future. I do believe Ferry knows what he is doing. JJ, Smoove, and Horford were good building blocks five years ago. But now JJ is not even a great 2nd option and Smoove as out first, second, or even third option is sad. Moving JJ was a huge win, and moving Smoove next, due to his inefficient scoring tendencies, is in all likelihood a done deal in his mind.

Lou, Teague, Horford to go along with two picks and cap. I think those three players alone make us better than a expansion team. Bigger and more efficient in the paint scoring is an obvious need. A good scoring option at the 2 or 3 is right up there in the pecking order.

Yeah, changing the lineup and rotation would help. We tried putting our worst defenders on George, how about now putting our best.

Teague KK Ivan Smith Horford, with a rotation of Devin Deshawn Tolliver and Petro is our best chance.

For all the hype George got in game one, he was 3 of 13 from the field and 0 for 5 from the 3pt line. 17 of 18 FT's made him look like AI or Kobe. Scorers get theirs. Put Ivan on him and Ivan would pick up three fouls before the midway point of the 2nd.

They are clearly the better team, but we are a much better home team as opposed to the road. I think a raucous Phillips crowd will be the difference in a Game 3 win. I'm pretty sure there aren't thousands of Pacer bandwagoners here.

Do you expect a raucous crowd at Philips? I don't.

I think the Hawks are on the backburner right now, especially after they got beat the way they did up there. The upcoming Braves-Nats series has more buzz. I don't think the crowds will come unless we win Game 3.

I'm sure the ones who show will be rowdy Hawks fans (as opposed to the dynamic when Miami, LA, etc comes to town) but I am not expecting a raucous atmosphere. In fact less than a sellout would not surprise.

For all the hype George got in game one, he was 3 of 13 from the field and 0 for 5 from the 3pt line. 17 of 18 FT's made him look like AI or Kobe. Scorers get theirs. Put Ivan on him and Ivan would pick up three fouls before the midway point of the 2nd.

Guess what, Ivan was in Foul trouble anyway. Ivan would have better luck with George than Hibbert. Ivan in the starting lineup does a lot of things including giving us more rebounding, especially offensive.

Edited by swolehawk2

He was the real deal last night. He got all his shots in rhythm and didn't force anything.

Guess what, Ivan was in Foul trouble anyway. Ivan would have better luck with George than Hibbert. Ivan in the starting lineup does a lot of things including giving us more rebounding, especially offensive.

We need someone a lot better than Ivan to make up for 20 pt losses. Whether its Ivan, Stevenson, or even Josh on George, George will get his.

George only shot .420 from the field this season, but he avg almost 9 pts a game shooting FTs and 3s. Hill, Hibbert, and Green are also killing us. Hibbert is avg almost 4pts per game over his season avg while both Green and Hill are both getting 6pts per game more.

Right now it just looks like we are over-matched. Maybe that changes when we get home. The thing I have always noticed is most good coaches accept the fact that a opponents best scorer will usually get his, but what we can't let happen is to allow their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th options to also look like all stars.

Edited by Buzzard

We need someone a lot better than Ivan to make up for 20 pt losses. Whether its Ivan, Stevenson, or even Josh on George, George will get his.

George only shot .420 from the field this season, but he avg almost 9 pts a game shooting FTs and 3s. Hill, Hibbert, and Green are also killing us. Hibbert is avg almost 4pts per game over his season avg while both Green and Hill are both getting 6pts per game more.

Right now it just looks like we are over-matched. Maybe that changes when we get home. The thing I have always noticed is most good coaches accept the fact that a opponents best scorer will usually get his, but what we can't let happen is to allow their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th options to also look like all stars.

Of course we are overmatched, but as a coach, you should still put the players you have in the best position to succeed and we don't do that. Thats why the Pacers look better than they are. Indiana scored 94.7 points per game in the regular season. They are not as good as they are playing and we are not as bad. We need better coaching and we can be more competitive, even with the injuries.

They should feel shame for getting punked by a complete hack like Gerald Green. He should have been out of the league 3 years ago.

Edited by Hotlanta1981