• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anybody Going to Game 3?

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

I got a job interview on Friday, so I'm going to stay the weekend and go to my first playoff game of any of my teams. I'm up in 316 and ready to root on my Hawks! Gotta make the Philips Arena rock! Was also wondering if there are any other Squawkers that'll be in attendance.

• Like 3

I am on the edge. Pretty far drive for me, but I always hate missing playoff games when I can feasibly make it. I am still bitter about the Game 6 performance against the Bulls 2 years ago. Seeing the effort so far, it is hard to gauge. They seem to push hard until the calls go against them, but that is part of the game. So I think I will ultimately pass.

I wont be there, i have a bachelors party to attend, but be sure to try one of my beers over at RED ( Fu Manbrew)

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I was planning to make the trip, but the first two games weren't encouraging AT ALL. It was hard enough watching them on TV, nevermind spending serious $$$ in gas and tickets to watch it in person. Having said all that, I really hope Philips is packed and rowdy on Saturday night. More power to anyone who goes and cheers for the Hawks.

I haven't bought a ticket yet, but I do plan on being there on Saturday night, despite corporate wanting the facility to work on Saturday. LOL . . I might have to be a no-show at work, so I can possibly see Josh one final time in a Hawk uniform in person. I did it for JJ in Game 5 vs Boston last year, so I can at least do it for Josh this year.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Good luck on your interview!I live in VA and won't be down to make the game anytime soon, but I really do hope we muster a better showing at home for these 2 games.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. It's a big interview for me, possibly the one that restarts my life and gets me back in my beloved city. And you ARE allowed to use distance as an excuse... VA is a little too far! lol

I was planning to make the trip, but the first two games weren't encouraging AT ALL. It was hard enough watching them on TV, nevermind spending serious $$$ in gas and tickets to watch it in person. Having said all that, I really hope Philips is packed and rowdy on Saturday night. More power to anyone who goes and cheers for the Hawks.

I understand that. It's a huge issue for the Hawks right now. The product doesn't justify the price. Believe me, if I wasn't already in town, I wouldn't be making the trip for anything less than a Game 6.

I haven't bought a ticket yet, but I do plan on being there on Saturday night, despite corporate wanting the facility to work on Saturday. LOL . . I might have to be a no-show at work, so I can possibly see Josh one final time in a Hawk uniform in person. I did it for JJ in Game 5 vs Boston last year, so I can at least do it for Josh this year.

Big reason I'm going too because it'll likely be Josh's last hurrah in Atlanta. Going to watch some Hawks basketball and pay my respects to Josh. Even knowing how much frustration he has brought to the fans, you cannot argue his career numbers or the team records he has. I also can tell he cares so damn much for the city that likes to hate on him. The fans kill me sometimes... Go Hawks!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

^^^ I hear ya man. I wanted to go because I know the team will be blown up this offseason and this will be the last time I get to see some of these guys in a Hawks uni. If they are going to go out in the first round, all I ask is that they don't go quietly and make a stand at home like they did back in '07.

I am on the edge. Pretty far drive for me, but I always hate missing playoff games when I can feasibly make it. I am still bitter about the Game 6 performance against the Bulls 2 years ago. Seeing the effort so far, it is hard to gauge. They seem to push hard until the calls go against them, but that is part of the game. So I think I will ultimately pass.

I gotta pick on you a little bit.

- How far is the drive?

- Why are you still bitter about Game 6 that happened 2 years ago?

- And why are you deciding to NOT go to the game?

Your username is "hawksfanatic", yet, you're bypassing a playoff home game . . . a game in which the Hawks desperately need to win?

You know that the crowd will probably be less than a sellout, especially if tomorrow's weather forecast is correct. But when even a die hard fan like you decides to give up on the Hawks before the series is even over?

That speaks volumes about our fan base. And it's the reason why people always blast ATL fans.

Not sure where you live, but as far as fans in Metro ATL ( within an hour's drive of Philips ), if they're not at the game on Saturday, they really shouldn't complain about anything else this franchise does. If die hard fans can't support this team in a must win situation, you know the casual fans won't. And if that's the case, why should management even attempt to go all out to put a winner out on the floor?

They won't.

They'll say that they will, but they'll do the bare minimum to get there.

That means instead of spending on bringing in one of the top free agents, they'll decide to build strictly through the draft.

That means instead of bringing in an established or big name coach, they'll continue to give assistant coaches a chance to be head coaches ( so that they can pay them near the bottom of what coaches make ).

Fans want the team to win first. That's fine. But there are plenty of teams around the league that would KILL to be in the playoffs right now, down 2 - 0, with a Game 3 coming to their building.

When I see statements like the ones you made, it just leads me to believe that even most of the die hard fans just aren't passionate about basketball, and definitely not this team.

This is Game 3. The series is not over ( no matter how bad they've played ). And this MIGHT just be the last time you'll even have the option of going to a Hawks playoff game, if Ferry doesn't rebuild this team the right way.

Stay home if you want. I'll make the 4.5 hour trek, probably in the rain, to support my team.

• Like 1