• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Possible HC for Hawks:

Why do we always take the cheap route..no Snyder please...get an nba coach like Byron Scott or Sam Mitchell or the best one out there Sloan..Comon Hawks..dayaaamm

If it was about building a "solid" team, why did Ferry trade Joe and Marvin? We've been "solid" for years.

Exactly. I thought the aspirations with all of this change, was to build a winner that could possibly be a championship contender.

I'll be highly disappointed in some of the members of Hawksquawk, if they give a pass to Ferry with a Quin Snyder hire. The last thing we need here, is another "player's coach". We need a guy who is going to be a leader of men . . . not their buddy.

Heck, we may as well keep Drew, if Quin is going to be the man here calling the plays.

• Premium Member

But but but that doesn't allow the haters to hate on the ASG for trying to hire someone but a retread. I mean come on we all know the ASG are too cheap to hire any of these awesome big name coaches who are available and wanting to coach, such as...

Since this was clearly aimed at me tell me about all these big name coaches the A$G have hired. We would LOVE to see this list.

• Premium Member

Another thing aBout Snyder....he really is a college coach. With the exception of Larry Brown...college coaches do not translate well to the NBA

I'm sure Dolf will remind us how AWESOME Lon Kruger was in Atlanta.

• Premium Member

I'm a little surprised more of you don't remember Quin Synder. His hair alone is a stand out. In all fairness I thought he was a tremendous college coach that brought a deader than dead program in Mizzou to national respectability. He is a fiery coach, he is literally the anti-Drew. He recruited well and I thought his in game adjustments which IMO are the #1 factor in how good a coach someone is was on the very good to great quality in Mizzou.

He got a really raw deal at Mizzou and why he isn't coaching again in college is a mystery to me. All that said...I don't want another college coach trying his hand as a first time NBA head coach.

I'm going to post 2 articles. And then I'm going to excerpt the one quote you need to read.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8572696/scottie-pippen-wants-nba-head-coaching-job

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/02/26/scottie-pippen-hopes-to-coach-in-nba/

TP: Who do you like watching in today's NBA?
SP: I like watching the Lakers, Cleveland. I like watching Miami, watching Dwyane Wade play. There are some teams I still can stand to watch. I like watching Dallas, Dirk Nowitzki. I like the way he plays the game. I appreciate what he does on court. He does only what he's capable of doing. He does a good job of that. He's not the greatest athlete by any means, and he's not one of the most exciting players, but he has a good IQ for the game.

TP: What kind of a coach would you be?
SP: I'd be more of a tough practice coach, and more relaxed during games. I would push harder to develop my team in practice, but then try to allow them to exist on their own during games. Not totally on their own -- with some coaching -- but I wouldn't be one of those NBA coaches running up and down the sidelines getting sweaty, beating themselves to death.

I grew up in the Chicagoland area. Jordan never won a championship without this guy but without Jordan Pippen's Bulls won. He played in 208 career playoff games and won 6 NBA titles and made 7 all-star games. This is someone that understands what it takes, what winning takes. He understands practice and that winning happens before you ever step on the court. It's about the offseason, preseason and the work you do before one fan ever takes his seat. He'd be my choice.

I'm going to post 2 articles. And then I'm going to excerpt the one quote you need to read.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8572696/scottie-pippen-wants-nba-head-coaching-job

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/02/26/scottie-pippen-hopes-to-coach-in-nba/

I grew up in the Chicagoland area. Jordan never won a championship without this guy but without Jordan Pippen's Bulls won. He played in 208 career playoff games and won 6 NBA titles and made 7 all-star games. This is someone that understands what it takes, what winning takes. He understands practice and that winning happens before you ever step on the court. It's about the offseason, preseason and the work you do before one fan ever takes his seat. He'd be my choice.

Scottie Pippen? Our head coach?

Posted Image

• Like 3

• Moderators

We like to compare the Hawks to the Falcons on here... The first step the Falcons took to correct their situation is to a stable owner that wants to succeed. The Hawks now have that. The second step was Blank went out and hired a scout for Patroits with crazy hair to be his GM, told him to make him a team, and then backed off. The Hawks now have that GM and the ASG has backed off. The third step was for Thomas Dimitroff to sign a head coach. He signed unproven Jaguars defensive coordinator Mike Smith. Everyone questioned it, but 5 straight winning seasons, 2 divisional titles, and 4 playoff appearances is nothing to question. It's Danny's turn to get his guy, unproven or not. Plus, most NBA coaches start as college coaches and work their way up. Popovich, Thibs, Brown, and Collins all began coaching in the college ranks.

Danny, get your coach and build your team. The fans are waiting for something to cheer for...

• Like 4

Is that the same Pippen who took himself out of the game in the playoffs with only seconds left to go because Phil didn't draw a play up for him? No thanks he showed his true colors when Jordan left. I'll pass other better candidates.

• Like 1

• Moderators

When did we get *those* owners? The pizza guy deal fell through. Talk about a clusterfuck of ownership.

The ASG want to succeed now. Levenson has made that clear when he handed over the keys to Ferry. Gearon Jr. and the rest of the ASG has been quiet. ASG just pays the bills now. This is a different ASG from WLOC.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The ASG want to succeed now. Levenson has made that clear when he handed over the keys to Ferry. Gearon Jr. and the rest of the ASG has been quiet. ASG just pays the bills now. This is a different ASG from WLOC.

Not quite. We'll see what they do with the coach hire and the gobs of cap space we have.

I remember Quin at Missouri. He's not a better coach than Bruce Pearl ( former Tennessee coach ). And even I would scoff at the Hawks if they even considered bringing in Pearl, and I'm UT alumni.

This is not the Big 12. This is the NBA. I want a good to great NBA coaching mind that can also sell the fans and incoming players on whatever his philosophy is. With all of the legit coaches and longtime assistant coaches available to be interviewed, I can't believe some of you would be OK with Quin Snyder.

Nobody in that metro area ( including incoming free agents ) are going to be stoked to play for, or watch Quin Snyder.

Edited by northcyde

Why do we always take the cheap route..no Snyder please...get an nba coach like Byron Scott or Sam Mitchell or the best one out there Sloan..Comon Hawks..dayaaamm

I'd rather hire someone from here than either of those turd sandwiches. Sam Mitchell is a never was and Byron Scott is a has been who was always highly overrated.
  • Like 1

Since this was clearly aimed at me tell me about all these big name coaches the A$G have hired. We would LOVE to see this list.

Uhh if you want to think this was aimed at you then by all means go ahead.But to humor you I don't recall saying the Hawks ever hired a big name coach. So reach a little deeper into your ass next time you go fishing for bullshit.

I'm sure Dolf will remind us how AWESOME Lon Kruger was in Atlanta.

Sorry Chad Ford but I've never said anything positive about Lon Kruger or ever said I wanted any college head coach.

• Moderators
I have absolutley no reason to believe what you just said. They gave the same spiel when Sund was hired, so why is this different?If it is because of Duke, then transitive property says it is because of the ACC so then of course it is right. I do not think they hired Danny because of that though. All hail ACC though.
We shall see, huh? I'm confident the ASG is different now and that Ferry will put together a great team. I'm not holding my breath for a Dwight/CP3 union, but I believe we will be better. IFWTSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather hire someone from here than either of those turd sandwiches. Sam Mitchell is a never was and Byron Scott is a has been who was always highly overrated.

Thank you. No one would ever mention Byron Scott as an NBA head coach if it wasn't for him having franchise PGs fall into his lap.