• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford Mock Draft 2.0

MrNique

Has us taking these kids right now:17 - Rudy GobertCOLLEGE: France AGE: 20 HT: 7-1 WT: 220 POS: PFAnalysis: Atlanta is in rebuilding mode and can afford to swing for the fences. Gobert's best attribute is a 7-foot-9 wingspan. He's played adequately in the French League this year, but he's still very much a work in progress. With most of the team heading into free agency, they need depth everywhere -- especially on the front line.18 - Jamaal FranklinCOLLEGE: San Diego St. AGE: 21 HT: 6-5 WT: 195 POS: SGAnalysis: Atlanta is somewhat set in the backcourt, but I think Franklin, who also can play some small forward, might be worth the gamble. His infectious energy and athletic ability should give the team a real shot in the arm.***With our needs being Wing and Bigs, the picks don't surprise me. I just doubt Ferry takes a kid in Franklin if he has no outside shot despite his motor. I thought for sure Caldwell-Pope would be an option, but he's approaching Top 14 it looks like now. In the end, I feel like Sergey Karasev a good Russian shooter with upside has Ferry written all over him.Long way to go still.

Edited by MrNique

We need a legit small forward whose atleast 6'8 and we need a center with some size 7'1 is good but 220 ain't cuttin it <------who the hell is he going to be banging with, with that size?! This isn't the little league.

• Admin

Has us taking these kids right now:17 - Rudy GobertCOLLEGE: France AGE: 20 HT: 7-1 WT: 220 POS: PFAnalysis: Atlanta is in rebuilding mode and can afford to swing for the fences. Gobert's best attribute is a 7-foot-9 wingspan. He's played adequately in the French League this year, but he's still very much a work in progress. With most of the team heading into free agency, they need depth everywhere -- especially on the front line.18 - Jamaal FranklinCOLLEGE: San Diego St. AGE: 21 HT: 6-5 WT: 195 POS: SGAnalysis: Atlanta is somewhat set in the backcourt, but I think Franklin, who also can play some small forward, might be worth the gamble. His infectious energy and athletic ability should give the team a real shot in the arm.***With our needs being Wing and Bigs, the picks don't surprise me. I just doubt Ferry takes a kid in Franklin if he has no outside shot despite his motor. I thought for sure Caldwell-Pope would be an option, but he's approaching Top 14 it looks like now. In the end, I feel like Sergey Karasev a good Russian shooter with upside has Ferry written all over him.Long way to go still.

We are set in the backcourt??? That is news to me

• Like 4

We need a legit small forward whose atleast 6'8 and we need a center with some size 7'1 is good but 220 ain't cuttin it

He's p my twenty he could easily put on 20-40 lbs in a year

We need a legit small forward whose atleast 6'8 and we need a center with some size 7'1 is good but 220 ain't cuttin it

He's only 20 so he could easily put on 20-40 lbs in a year

We need a legit small forward whose atleast 6'8 and we need a center with some size 7'1 is good but 220 ain't cuttin it <------who the hell is he going to be banging with, with that size?! This isn't the little league.

Actual it is the little league now. They days of the big bulky slow 7 foot center is over.

• Premium Member

Would like to hear some of the draft gurus chime in. Neither pick really excites me. We are rebuilding-ish cause we don't have a team signed yet, but I feel we need BPA if we want to build our bench. If we want to sign Dwight or CP3 we don't have time to wait on a project.

• Like 1

I'm starting to like KCP more and more. He reminds me of Klay Thompson. Their 1st to 2nd year jumps in production during college were similar. Can't go wrong with a GA kid.

Wouldn't be mad at Schröder and Pope. Get some big man help in free agency. The bigs in the draft are a crap shoot apparently. The 2014 group has alot more bigs with upside.

He's p my twenty he could easily put on 20-40 lbs in a year He's only 20 so he could easily put on 20-40 lbs in a year

Easily put on 20-40 lbs in a year??? Sure if you want him drinking a few gallons of milk a day and getting fat but no way he puts on 20-40 healthy lbs in a year.

I like Adams. Good size and measurables, nice touch, can run the floor, play D. Seems like the only knock on him is his youth. Could be a beast in 2-3 years.We've been crying for a C for years while the Hawks passed on C after C in the draft because they weren't rated high enough. Other teams keep developing them; Pek, Drummond, Monroe...etcThe other pick should be BPA with emphasis on the wing.The second round picks could reach for a prospect and a sure role player typeIt's past time we develop a competent NBA center. Can't seem to sign or trade for one

I like Franklin. I know he's not a great shooter but has great athleticism and is a beast of a rebounder. Also is probably the second best perimeter defender after Oladipo in this draft. Our other pick we need to grab a big but who knows who that could be. Unless we can get a developmental big in the 2nd. Maybe package our two 2nd rounders to move up into the early 2nd (or late 1st to a team that doesn't want the guaranteed contract?)