• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trying for Stan Van Gundy!

Brotha2ThaNite

• Premium Member

@WojYahooNBA: Y! Sources: The Atlanta Hawks are pursuang Stan Van Gundy to be the franchise's coach. http://t.co/SE1GmZlarB Old crap, I don't know what to think about this... Ohhhh yes I do. I've been telling y'all all season that Dwight will be an Atlanta Hawk. :-)

I hope you end up being right. Edited by Jody23

Last season (2010-11), Orlando finished 52-30 (.634), good for second place in the Southeast Division and fourth-best in the Eastern Conference. The Magic surpassed the 50-win plateau for the fourth consecutive season, setting a new franchise record. Van Gundy became the second-fastest active NBA coach to 300 career wins and the seventh-fastest all-time on Dec. 25 vs. Boston. He also coached in his 500th career game on Mar. 16 @ Milwaukee and had the sixth-most wins in NBA history through 500 contests. Van Gundy recorded his 200th win as head coach of the Magic on Jan. 26 @ Indiana.

Van Gundy has a career NBA head coaching regular season record of 334-179 (.651). He has been named head coach of the Eastern Conference at the NBA All-Star Game twice (2005, 2010) and has earned the NBA’s Eastern Conference Coach of the Month six times during his career. Van Gundy has a 222-106 (.677) regular season record in four seasons with Orlando (2007-11). The Magic have made it to the playoffs all four times, captured three consecutive Southeast Division titles (2007-10), advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals in two straight postseasons (2009-10) and reached the 2009 NBA Finals after winning the Eastern Conference title.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Dwight have SVG fired?

Did you read the entire article? Apparently they've mended fences off court and D12 now appreciates what he had in SVG - though it doesn't mean D12 wants him to coach him again. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Did you read the entire article? Apparently they've mended fences off court and D12 now appreciates what he had in SVG - though it doesn't mean D12 wants him to coach him again.

That's exactly why I was confused.

The article says they simply buried the hatchet, but the responses made it seem like getting Dwight is a sure thing.

Edited by SmooveZilla

That's exactly why I was confused. The article says they simply buried the hatchet, but the responses made it seem like getting Dwight is a sure thing.

Said nothing about a sure thing - using SVG to possibly lure D12. Hawks will make strong push for D12 and having SVG would be a benefit.

Im so confused! I like that the hawks are trying to get Stan Van Gundy but I honestly thought Gundy and D12 hated each other but reading everybody else post they are apparently good friends again?!.....Well if thats the case great! We are really trying to lure D12! LOL