• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I am a Danny Ferry stan

NBASupes

I have been a Hawks fan forever but for the first time, I believe in Hawks management and it's because of Danny Ferry. He is an elite executive and his plan is genius. How did he get rid of Joe's contract and get a bunch of exprings as well as trade Marvin for Devin exp contract is nothing short of amazing. He is simply the best GM in the NBA. He will master his plan. Hire a great coach. Sign Dwight Howard and Chris Paul to play with Al Horford to create our own Big 3. Finally elite Basketball has come to Atlanta. Thank you Danny Ferry. The GOAT GM of All Time.

I love the John Jenkins and Mike Scott pick of last year. Scott played a lot like a young David West. Jenkins reminds me of a raw Steph Curry without the handles and passing skills. I think Steph could be a good player in the future if given the right system and personnel to play with. Al is amazing. Had a very good year is a worthy of All NBA consideration this year. To me, he is one of the best PF's in the NBA if not the best in the entire league. Korver trade for nothing was nothing short of amazing. I love Korver's game and I think he would be great if we could land CP3 and Dwight to play with him.

I am a proudddddd Hawks fan and thank you for having me fellow Hawks fans!

Posted Image

• Like 4

Welcome and great first post! I agree about Scott and while I have high hopes for Jenkins, I'm a bit worried about him being a starter in this league.

Thanks! I am worried about him as a starter due to his defensive deficiencies and his ability to beat players off the dribble but he is a very good off ball player who excels shooting off the screen, spot ups, and cutting to the hoop. If we could hide his deficiencies which aren’t possible unless we land an anchor like Dwight, we might not be able to do so. He needed last year to assimilate into NBA Basketball.

Jenkins is solid, but call me bias but Tim Hardway Jr is a better all around player and that is probably who we will draft...dont see both Dwight and Paul coming, but i wouldnt be surprise if the Hawks made a trade for Rondo with the celtics thinking about rebuilding..

Jenkins is solid, but call me bias but Tim Hardway Jr is a better all around player and that is probably who we will draft...dont see both Dwight and Paul coming, but i wouldnt be surprise if the Hawks made a trade for Rondo with the celtics thinking about rebuilding..

I am not a huge Hardaway Jr fan. I see him as a better overall talent but as a fit if we want to play smart, SAS like Basketball, I see him as a poor fit. To me, his game is like the Affalo's of the world. While I see Jenkins, his game is more like Steph Curry lite and Jeff Hornecek. He can score in numerous types of ways, has high BBIQ and his team defense is sound.

• Moderators

Optimist are pretty rare around here!

That's because the Negative Nancy's hasn't had a chance to beat him down yet. lolLS, welcome to the boards and I agree with your post! Ferry will deserve a bronze statue outside the Philips after it's all said and done.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

My only question about this thread is, what exactly is a "Danny Ferry stan"? Posted Image

Eminem song called stan is basically about a diehard supporter going to great lengths to support his favorite artist. In the hip hop community, instead on calling a diehard supporter a homer or a fanboy, we call him a stan.

• Like 2

Eminem song called stan is basically about a diehard supporter going to great lengths to support his favorite artist. In the hip hop community, instead on calling a diehard supporter a homer or a fanboy, we call him a stan.

Learned something today. Welcome

• Like 1

Ah that was actually intentional? I definitely know the song Stan... just thought it might have been a typo and you meant "fan" instead of "stan". Thanks for clarifying though!

• Like 1

I have been a Hawks fan forever but for the first time, I believe in Hawks management and it's because of Danny Ferry. He is an elite executive and his plan is genius. How did he get rid of Joe's contract and get a bunch of exprings as well as trade Marvin for Devin exp contract is nothing short of amazing. He is simply the best GM in the NBA. He will master his plan. Hire a great coach. Sign Dwight Howard and Chris Paul to play with Al Horford to create our own Big 3. Finally elite Basketball has come to Atlanta. Thank you Danny Ferry. The GOAT GM of All Time.I love the John Jenkins and Mike Scott pick of last year. Scott played a lot like a young David West. Jenkins reminds me of a raw Steph Curry without the handles and passing skills. I think Steph could be a good player in the future if given the right system and personnel to play with. Al is amazing. Had a very good year is a worthy of All NBA consideration this year. To me, he is one of the best PF's in the NBA if not the best in the entire league. Korver trade for nothing was nothing short of amazing. I love Korver's game and I think he would be great if we could land CP3 and Dwight to play with him.I am a proudddddd Hawks fan and thank you for having me fellow Hawks fans! 

I'm happy with DF's moves so far. This summer will show his metal as a GM, but I'm hopeful.In terms of Jenkins, Dell Curry is the best comparison. Same size and physical ability.Korver is a nice role player but shouldn't be a starter.Welcome to the board!Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

If this is indeed Mr. Ferry and you are open to criticism I must make a statement. You are far from elite. You had the best player in the world and could not win a title. Until I see a title you are simply providing hope for people that will put faith in you because you seem more active than Sund. Riley got to the finals the year after clearing space if we are in the finals next year then I will put Ferry on a pedestal.

• Like 1

If this is indeed Mr. Ferry and you are open to criticism I must make a statement. You are far from elite. You had the best player in the world and could not win a title. Until I see a title you are simply providing hope for people that will put faith in you because you seem more active than Sund. Riley got to the finals the year after clearing space if we are in the finals next year then I will put Ferry on a pedestal.

Hahaha. Classic.

• Premium Member

Welcome aboard dude!

I have to admit that I'm pretty excited too, but in recent years I've learned to keep that in check until I see something concrete. There are no words to describe how I feel about the position that he's put us in, but he has to follow through on it. I've been patiently waiting for this offseason since...last offseason.

We're almost there. I think we will truly get a feel for what Ferry learned in San Antonio when we see what happens this summer.

• Like 1

he had the CURRENT best player whoe couldnt win a title THEN

what a moran

pz out nukkas

Go Hawks!