• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not looking good for Teague

GameTime

Still sucked in the playoffs when it counted.

It's all part of the maturation process. You don't ignore the progress he has made on the floor because he played passively against the Pacers. That's as bad as giving Chris Crawford a long term deal for playing well in one game against the Knicks in the playoffs.

So what then after 3 years we give up on him? You guys often say that LD doesn't develop players and now we're finally getting a coach who's been praised for player development and we just throw our young PG away?

If we can get CP3... Yes. If not... Then I guess we have to bring him back.

If we can get CP3... Yes. If not... Then I guess we have to bring him back.

The guy made tremendous strides in his 3rd year and really only his 2nd year getting big minutes. Even this year he's had to share PG duties with Lou, with Devin, with our front court. Give him 1 season with a coach who knows a thing or two about a PG built like Teague and let's see what he can do. Would I rather have Paul? Of course I would but even then if I can bring back Teague for 4-5 million I might consider it as Paul has an injury history and it would be nice to have a good backup for him.

So what then after 3 years we give up on him? You guys often say that LD doesn't develop players and now we're finally getting a coach who's been praised for player development and we just throw our young PG away?

I see Ferry offering QO possibly; No way he gives Teague a new deal with CP3 and Dwight still available. IF we lose out on Teague and don't get our Big 3, Collison is a comparable guard who we can most likely get cheaper and is better on the pick and roll; if we don't want Calderon, Jack with a one-year.

Edited by GameTime

• Moderators

Teague played with sooo much swagger in the first part of the season, but then that went away after the first 20 or so games... Not sure why. @ 0:55 secs is the swagger that I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zi75IA9o3o

Budenholzer is going to be HUGE for Jeff Teague's career. Teague never had the coach outside of NVE that took time to develop him. Budenholzer will. Get ready for big things!

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 2

I see Ferry offering QO possibly; No way he gives Teague a new deal with CP3 and Dwight still available. IF we lose out on Teague and don't get our Big 3, Collision is a comparable guard who we can most likely get cheaper and is better on the pick and roll; if we don't want Calderon, Jack with a one-year.

This is a VERY dangerous game though. We offer Teague the QO no doubt and then we gotta hope another team doesn't make him a good offer while we're waiting to hear from CP3 otherwise we could lose both. I'm pretty sure that as long as Teague doesn't get a ridiculous offer that we'd match it.

I wouldn't mind Collison if we lost out on CP3 and screwed ourselves with Teague but if Dallas doesn't keep him then that's gotta tell you something about him going on his 3rd team already in his young career.

With the leap he made from his 3rd year to his 4th year, his only two years with playing time, with this year being his only year actually running the team as a point, also while not being lockout shortened season. There's no way in hell he could possibly improve anymore. He went from not being able to make the most basic passes to averaging 7 assists on a team where Josh Smith took the most shots. Dude is peaked for sure. Guy hasn't even learned all the nuances of the position, yet he gave it to damn near every top PG in the league this year. Yeah ship em out....................comedians on this board I swear lmaoUnless we get CP3. Jeff WILL be our starting PG for awhile here, get over it, with your loser mentalities

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 2

• Moderators

[pipedreaming]

How about Teague is encouraged to accept the QO in exchange for becoming a one-year championship-contending-season CP3 understudy (and Sixth Man candidate), in preparation for an unrestricted free agency bonanza in 2014, where he'd compete in a favorable PG market alongside Kyle Lowry, Eric Bledsoe (RFA), Rodney Stuckey, Luke Ridnour, Brian Roberts (RFA), Greivis Vasquez (RFA), Isaiah Thomas (RFA), John Wall (RFA) and Avery Bradley (RFA)?

[/pipedreaming]

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

I'm looking forward to seeing what Teague could do with heavy PNR. He's as quick as Parker and more athletic, but not the same finisher or foul-drawer when he decides to attack the Bigs on an island. I'd love to see Bud fight for the maybe 200 foul calls near the rim Teague shouldve gotten that LD didn't. But I'm much more excited that he likes Scott and Jenkins and will develop them thoroughly. Scott would be getting about 17 minutes for them in Game 1 of the Finals had he been drafted by them and started to be developed since the moment he worked out for them.

No new coach will alienate a player through the media especially a free agent. I think Bud will have about as much input on draft and free agents as any coach/GM will have in the NBA and they will explore all opportunities to upgrade the position if they have the chance.

If they bring in Schröder for a workout, Teague should start sweating.

Obviously I want cp3 like most people, but if we don't get him I think we need to keep Teague. Having said that I'd love us to draft Schröder or Shane Larkin as well as strongly pursue Jarrett Jack as a free agent. Jack can straight up ball.

I seriously think we will draft Shane Larkin. He is the best PnR pg in the draft and seems to be a tony Parker clone from a physical standpoint.

This is a VERY dangerous game though. We offer Teague the QO no doubt and then we gotta hope another team doesn't make him a good offer while we're waiting to hear from CP3 otherwise we could lose both. I'm pretty sure that as long as Teague doesn't get a ridiculous offer that we'd match it.

I wouldn't mind Collison if we lost out on CP3 and screwed ourselves with Teague but if Dallas doesn't keep him then that's gotta tell you something about him going on his 3rd team already in his young career.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be shocked if Bud/Ferry decide to draft Dennis Schröder/Michael Carter-Williams and groom him during this pretty much tank season (Barring Big 3). It would be cheaper, and Bud can have his guy he can groom without having to get rid of his bad habits that he learned from Drew/Woody.

• Like 1

Slow down people, because Teague didn't get a mention in a 36 minute presser he is a goner? I would like to see Teague stay barring a ridiculous contract offer from another team (and no CP3).

Tony Parker was not considered a great PnR PG at the beginning of his career either and had low assist numbers also. He was good and getting in the paint and scoring. Additionally, the style of play that the Spurs are playing now was not the same with the young Parker - it was through TD in the post, a much slower pace and not much PnR. Pop slowly evolved the offense after Manu and TP joined and Robinson left. Manu had his brief turn as the lead in the faster pace offense, now is TP's turn.

Parker is now a great PnR PG because he has been taught, and don't discount the development of his mid-range shooting and 3-point shooting. Go over a screen he gets to the rim, go under and his mid-range shot is money. Parker is in constant motion - Teague better get his cadio up.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be shocked if Bud/Ferry decide to draft Dennis Schröder/Michael Carter-Williams and groom him during this pretty much tank season (Barring Big 3). It would be cheaper, and Bud can have his guy he can groom without having to get rid of his bad habits that he learned from Drew/Woody.

That's actually not out of the question at all. To be honest...would we beat out LeBron's team even if we got a top F/A? Maybe it's best to (almost) totally rebuild - but not actually "tank". Put together a young team that can maybe challenge LeBron and his guys three years from now or so. It's not likely anybody else in the East is going to the Champ round for the next two years anyway.

I could live with a team of hard working young players with AL as the anchor...sure we would miss out on some laughs in the chatroom...but us chatroom rats are pretty witty...we can entertain ourselves Posted Image ...if it's for the good of the team....longterm.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

I want to join the chat room next year. I feel like I'm missin out :-)

Well - to be honest - you may have missed out on the "Golden Days" of the chat. Marvin double dribbling on a breakaway, Zaza with the four step drives and moving screens, Smoove arguing with the refs while the other team is on a fast break the other way, all the airballs, Marvin hitting the underside of the rim, Teague driving and jumping in the air with no idea who to pass to, LD's pressers and many many more classics.

Those days may be over my son......(alas)....Gone-With-The-Wind

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1