• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you take D-West instead of D-Wight?

Diesel

• Premium Member

So here's the thing.

Houston has a very good look for Dwight.

I finally agree that we can't sign and trade for him because that last year is going to be an extension if we get him so it doesn't really matter. However, Houston has Harden, Lin, Chandler, and championship past. For some reason Dwight doesn't like Atlanta? Or at least that's how it's been portrayed n the past.

Would the 32 year old D-West be an adequate replacement?

Keeps Horf at C and Slides D-West in next to him at PF? WIth Paul at the controls.

What do you all think?

Nope it's time to move Horford to PF full time and we can look at another C option in FA or trade and in the draft. Dwight isn't the only answer out there but no matter what we need to build the team the right way.

I don't agree that Houston has an advantage on us, in fact I think we have the inside track being able to get Dwight and Paul.

• Like 2

Guest Walter

Would the 32 year old D-West be an adequate replacement?Keeps Horf at C and Slides D-West in next to him at PF? WIth Paul at the controls. What do you all think?

I would rather tank.Actually, just about any fa c rather tha west then tank.W Edited by Walter

Anyone who believes that Houston is in a better postition for Dwight than Atlanta is smoking the national media weed. It blows mind my how this infection is growing. There is NO WAY that Harden & Dwight is better than Dwight, CP3, and Horford. NO DOUBT. Plus, I really believe Ferry & Bud will put on a good presentation for them when they arrive in ATLANTA together for their FA visit.

• Premium Member

Why are we pushing so hard for Horf to be a PF fulltime? Has he really shown that he can do that or is it just wishful thinking?

The PFs of the day are true wings. Not the bruisers of yesterday.

I'm good wth Horf next to Dwight. It's like twin towers. However, I'm not sold on him as PF just yet. I want to see him play the position solely.

• Like 1

Why are we pushing so hard for Horf to be a PF fulltime? Has he really shown that he can do that or is it just wishful thinking?

Well you can't "show" what you can do without opportunity. OK - granted - AL has had a few turns at PF but he hasn't been involved in an offensive scheme with him there and a decent center and a quality PG over a reasonable period of time.

It appears to me that AL is comfortable with his frame and doesn't want to do the steriod/HGH regimen that so many others are doing to gain 30 pounds of muscle. OK, fine.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Give me a 26-27 year old David West and I'd do it in a heartbeat haha. West @ 33 years of age just seems dumb instead of grabbing Dwight, regardless of his attitude. If we could somehow grab West for 2-3 years at a reasonable price I'd bring him in. Like Iggy, West seems like the type of player Budenholzer would want on his squad.

Edited by IllestPamfilis