• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to move Al Horford?

GameTime

Not saying AJC isn't credible... But literally C-Viv is the only person she sources.

This isn't true. She pretty much dislike all ATL media. I know her and have been to games with her. Now she is a big Josh Smith fan.I'm sorry but I have said it over and over again. Smoove and D12 will be a Hawks next year. Danny was trying to trade Al last year for D12. A lot of "Al fans" don't get your hopes up.It's going to be a very big push to get Josh, Lou and D12 together. As I have said before... this doesn't make me happy saying this. It doesn't make me sad either. I'm that wait and see guy. Maybe the trade turns out to be good. Edited by Brotha2ThaNite
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

This isn't true. She pretty much dislike all ATL media. I know her and have been to games with her. Now she is a big Josh Smith fan.I'm sorry but I have said it over and over again. Smoove and D12 will be a Hawks next year. Danny was trying to trade Al last year for D12. A lot of "Al fans" don't get your hopes up.It's going to be a very big push to get Josh, Lou and D12 together. As I have said before... this doesn't make me happy saying this. It doesn't make me sad either. I'm that wait and see guy. Maybe the trade turns out to be good.

Do you honestly think Bud would speak about Horford the way he has and would meet up with him if there was any significant chance Horford would be gone? The answer is no and Ferry wouldn't let him.

• Premium Member

As far as the Josh and Dwight thing, I wouldn't be vehemently opposed to trading Horford to make it fit IF AND ONLY IF it meant getting CP3 also and quality return for Horf. To me, the bottim line should be winning. But, based on what Ferry and Bud have said, I don't see Horf going anywhere.

Do you honestly think Bud would speak about Horford the way he has and would meet up with him if there was any significant chance Horford would be gone? The answer is no and Ferry wouldn't let him.

Yes, I do. I've been around long enough to realize to take EVERYTHING a person from the FO/coach with a grain of salt. It's what you hear "off the record" is what I trust more. Hint Hint

• Premium Member

Yes, I do. I've been around long enough to realize to take EVERYTHING a person from the FO/coach with a grain of salt. It's what you hear "off the record" is what I trust more. Hint Hint

Okay. I guess time will tell. As long as it's the best for the Hawks.

This isn't true. She pretty much dislike all ATL media. I know her and have been to games with her.Now she is a big Josh Smith fan.I'm sorry but I have said it over and over again. Smoove and D12 will be a Hawks next year. Danny was trying to trade Al last year for D12. A lot of "Al fans" don't get your hopes up.

It's going to be a very big push to get Josh, Lou and D12 together.

As I have said before... this doesn't make me happy saying this. It doesn't make me sad either. I'm that wait and see guy. Maybe the trade turns out to be good.

There is something to this. I do not doubt its something Lou, Morrow, Smith, and Howard have discussed for years. Its why Ferry coincidentally brought in Morrow and Lou last year (as the 4some were AAU teamates as teens). This was brought up by myself and a couple of others right after we signed Morrow and Lou last off season.

Its up to Ferry how credible it gets. I think Ferry knew this and planned for this to be an attraction for Howard. Then Ferry soured on Josh as the season played out and also saw how Howard struggled to regain his prior form. He then traded Morrow away so Jenkins could play. Of course Morrow could be resigned next year as I believe he was only on a 1 year deal.

Of course the window is still open.

The idea of playing with his old AAU buddies (Lou, Smoove, Morrow) may be important to Howard......and all 4 of them.

It is possible to resign Josh and give Howard a max contract but it means no Chris Paul if we keep Al Horford.

Edited by coachx

Smoove isn't coachable... He has learned nothing in the last 9 years, he will not start now new coach or not. Bud and Ferry both knows he blows... Would only take him back in a last ditch effort to persuade Dwight.

Edited by ATLscrubLove
  • Like 1

When you have a player dictating that he wants to play with ALL his AAU buddies (starters, bench guys, scrubs) - that my friend is a recipe for disaster and not a CHAMPIONSHIP winning formula. I don't want the inmates running the asylum.

When you have a player dictating that he wants to play with ALL his AAU buddies (starters, bench guys, scrubs) - that my friend is a recipe for disaster and not a CHAMPIONSHIP winning formula. I don't want the inmates running the asylum.

Even though I agree with this, I think Budenholzer has the kahunas to make Smith a sixth man. A Manu defensive 6th man. Problem is can we sign Smith to a 6th man type contract. Then again, Manu is coming off a contract that paid him 14 million this season to be a 6th man.

• Like 1

Is it me or is Josh's athleticism kinda declining....its only going to get worse every year....once it is gone ... what are you left with? An 'outside' shooter...d'oh

He has already peaked and is beginning his decline

He has peaked and the only way gets any better at all is to start making some damn free throws.