• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to move Al Horford?

GameTime

Even though I agree with this, I think Budenholzer has the kahunas to make Smith a sixth man. A Manu defensive 6th man. Problem is can we sign Smith to a 6th man type contract. Then again, Manu is coming off a contract that paid him 14 million this season to be a 6th man.

What? No - what do you want in a good 6th man - a game changer (the good kind). Josh is not that.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

What? No - what do you want in a good 6th man - a game changer (the good kind). Josh is not that.

I did not say I wanted it. In a perfect world we draft a starting SG and SF, then sign CP3 and Howard to team up with Horford. If you want or expect perfection in just Ferry's 2nd off season, keep praying, maybe you will get an answer.

Edited by Buzzard

I did not say I wanted it. In a perfect world we draft a starting SG and SF, then sign CP3 and Howard to team up with Horford. If you want or expect perfection in just Ferry's 2nd off season, keep praying, maybe you will get an answer.

I never said anything about perfection, I never said you wanted it - all I said the idea of Josh as a 6th man in the mold of Manu - I don't see it.

• Admin

I never said anything about perfection, I never said you wanted it - all I said the idea of Josh as a 6th man in the mold of Manu - I don't see it.

Josh is never going to play 6th man....he is a talented starting power forward in this league wanting max money. Yes I said talented because he is. I just hope he is playing somewhere else next season

He would be more like a Dennis Rodman that Detroit brought off their bench......or a better example is when Phil Jackson brought Lamar Odom off the bench as a swiss army knife who could do multiple things. Odom gave the Lakers what they needed on a given night. Scoring one night, rebounding the next night, and defense on another night.

I don't see him starting with Horford and Howard. Its been proven Howard is best with floor spacers around him.......and Smith is no floor spacer.

Of course everyone prefers Paul to Josh.............but if Paul stays in LA and Howard is still open to coming to Atlanta, with Smith being a reason why, they we try to make it work. If it doesn't work you ship Smith off in a trade and tell the big fella..........Sorry, but we tried and it don't work.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

Josh is never going to play 6th man....he is a talented starting power forward in this league wanting max money. Yes I said talented because he is. I just hope he is playing somewhere else next season

You could have said the exact same thing about Manu at SF and Crawford at SG when they were in their prime. I think the common weakness with all three is their recklessness with the ball.

Edited by Buzzard

• Admin

Of course everyone prefers Paul to Josh.............but if Paul stays in LA and Howard is still open to coming to Atlanta, with Smith being a reason why, they we try to make it work. If it doesn't work you ship Smith off in a trade and tell the big fella..........Sorry, but we tried and it don't work.

I think for either of them to consider Atlanta....it will be a package deal

Of course Josh is not the same player as Manu. My point is Josh is a good player as Manu is as well. Good players can come off the bench. Starters have been going to the bench and taking on 6th man roles for as long as the NBA has actually thought there was such a thing.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

I rather have not have d12 if we have to keep jbrick. A big reason why I want cp3 because he is a true no nonsense leader and floor general.

Having goofy ass d12 and josh "I want to be magic johnson" Smith as your leaders and best players sets you up for failure.

I rather have not have d12 if we have to keep jbrick. A big reason why I want cp3 because he is a true no nonsense leader and floor general.

Having goofy ass d12 and josh "I want to be magic johnson" Smith as your leaders and best players sets you up for failure.

Its just as possible to pay Howard, CP3, and Josh as it is Howard, CP3, and Horford ( 12 million cap hit ). The key is signing Josh to 10 to 12 first so his bigger cap hold goes away, then move Horford in a SNT for Howard or CP3.

Not saying it will happen, but both scenarios can be accomplished.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

Its just as possible to pay Howard, CP3, and Josh as it is Howard, CP3, and Horford ( 12 million cap hit ). The key is signing Josh to 10 to 12 first so his bigger cap hold goes away, then move Horford in a SNT for Howard or CP3.

Not saying it will happen, but both scenarios can be accomplished.

The key is to realize Horford is better than Josh and to tell Josh he can come back and play for peanuts or take a hike. It's Al + CP3/D12 or Al and Teague going forward. Josh in Atlanta is over unless he takes a HUGE pay cut, like sign for the MLE. All of this talk about trading Al makes me sick. Dudes a winner and a team-first guy. And I would bet that CP3 would rather play with Al over Josh just based off of his frustrations with Griffin. Also, D12 has never said that he wants to play with Josh. It's always been guys like Deron, Paul, and Morrow.

• Like 1

The key is to realize Horford is better than Josh and to tell Josh he can come back and play for peanuts or take a hike. It's Al + CP3/D12 or Al and Teague going forward. Josh in Atlanta is over unless he takes a HUGE pay cut, like sign for the MLE. All of this talk about trading Al makes me sick. Dudes a winner and a team-first guy. And I would bet that CP3 would rather play with Al over Josh just based off of his frustrations with Griffin. Also, D12 has never said that he wants to play with Josh. It's always been guys like Deron, Paul, and Morrow.

I am not for keeping Smith over Horford. But I am all about us getting out of the damn second round and looking like a true contender. I went to my first Hawks game in 1976 or 77. I am long overdue. So Danny do what ever it takes and you will have my vote for best Hawk GM in franchise history.

• Moderators

B2TN has been suggesting this for about a year now. Maybe I am just a "sucker" but I believe him. I certainly believe he met DF and DF told him a plan, it is a little hard to discern if DF was sincere and also if Dwight is willing to go along with the plan. My main question is why hasn't B2TN gone to the Hawksquawk Senior Member Forum and spilled the beans for us?!?

...because Ferry is watching us... He is always watching. B2TN isn't dying for nobody damnit!

• Like 1

This isn't true. She pretty much dislike all ATL media. I know her and have been to games with her.Now she is a big Josh Smith fan.I'm sorry but I have said it over and over again. Smoove and D12 will be a Hawks next year. Danny was trying to trade Al last year for D12. A lot of "Al fans" don't get your hopes up.It's going to be a very big push to get Josh, Lou and D12 together.As I have said before... this doesn't make me happy saying this. It doesn't make me sad either. I'm that wait and see guy. Maybe the trade turns out to be good.

At one time, it could have been true. Then there was a chance CP3 was available and everything changed. Sometimes things change. Maybe Dwight changed. Maybe Smoove changed. Things change. CP3 wasn't leaving LA at all but things changed.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

From the mouth of Coach Bud:"Al Horford is someone I'm excited about coaching," he said. "I look forward to developing that relationship with Al and sharing some of my visions and my thoughts in all areas. I can't wait to start that relationship with Al and really all of our players. Those relationships are critical to my success. It starts with Al but it goes through the 15th guy, whoever that may be."Sure anything can happen, but sounds to me like Al is definitely here next year. Not saying B2N is wrong, but like Leadership said, perhaps things changed. What else would explain why Ferry aggressively tried to trade Josh at the trade deadline.

• Like 2