• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Horford

• Moderators

Since I've seen about 5 Bobcat references on this thread, I figured I would point out that we aren't going to be the Bobcats even if we tank. The Bobcats are characterized by incompetence and a total lack of philosophy or commitment to winning. That is organizational incompetence. They would suck even if they were spending big money. In fact, they have spent big money on players and sucked.

They are paying more money to Tyrus Thomas than we are to Horford because they though Thomas, a $14M Ben Gordon, and others would end up translating into a playoff team.

Whether they are trying to win or lose, the Bobcats have been cheap and incompetent. Using them as a baseline comparison as soon as we try to go to the lottery is just as fair as expecting to be the next Thunder and expecting to draft Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka right in a row.

• Like 2

Since I've seen about 5 Bobcat references on this thread, I figured I would point out that we aren't going to be the Bobcats even if we tank. The Bobcats are characterized by incompetence and a total lack of philosophy or commitment to winning. That is organizational incompetence. They would suck even if they were spending big money. In fact, they have spent big money on players and sucked.

They are paying more money to Tyrus Thomas than we are to Horford because they though Thomas, a $14M Ben Gordon, and others would end up translating into a playoff team.

Whether they are trying to win or lose, the Bobcats have been cheap and incompetent. Using them as a baseline comparison as soon as we try to go to the lottery is just as fair as expecting to be the next Thunder and expecting to draft Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka right in a row.

Five star posting but let's be real. They haven't made a bad decision since Cho has been on board during the draft. Most of their picks have been effective.

We are saying record wise don't be the Bobcats. To have a decent chance at the top three picks you need to be one of the worse three teams. If you miss out on that, then your chances are about 50/50 that you get a starting caliber player. Which has a good chance of not being as good as Horford, even in a good draft year.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

We are saying record wise don't be the Bobcats. To have a decent chance at the top three picks you need to be one of the worse three teams grease the right palms in the NBA headquarters so that you'll 'win' the lottery. If you miss out on that, then your chances are about 50/50 that you get a starting caliber player. Which has a good chance of not being as good as Horford, even in a good draft year.

Fixed

• Like 2

We are saying record wise don't be the Bobcats. To have a decent chance at the top three picks you need to be one of the worse three teams. If you miss out on that, then your chances are about 50/50 that you get a starting caliber player. Which has a good chance of not being as good as Horford, even in a good draft year.

Let's look at the best teams for 2014.

The Bobcats

Magic

The Hawks. If we just cut ship with Josh and Jeff. Bring in clowns like Bargs and cut them ASAP. We can tank successfully. We suck.

Look at this roster:

Mack/Gordon(Bobcats)/Jenkins/Horford/rookie

We should at most win 25 games due to Horf but if he gets hurt we should win like 15 games.

The Bobcats have

Kemba/Henderson/MKG/???/rookie likely Len or Bennett

They should win at least 30 games.

Magic should take Noel and win 25 games.

I think we have a tanking squad and we are ready to tank with the release of Jeff and Josh and cutting any big one year salary so we can tank properly.

What if this season we front load some contracts this season for some cap relief next summer. Say we value Jefferson at 15 mil per season couldn't we do 20 this season and 10 the next. This could also help with tanking since we'd be overpaying for good but not elite talent.

What if this season we front load some contracts this season for some cap relief next summer. Say we value Jefferson at 15 mil per season couldn't we do 20 this season and 10 the next. This could also help with tanking since we'd be overpaying for good but not elite talent.

Why do that? It would kill our tanking and it would make us a 1st round out. Remember,

Contending>>>>>>>Tanking>>>>>>>In the middle

Edited by Leadership

Why do that? It would kill our tanking and it would make us a 1st round out. Remember, Contending>>>>>>>Tanking>>>>>>>In the middle

I agree with that, however I feel like it we pay Jefferson 20 mil, get Dallas 13th pick along with Marion, that's a team that won't win anything. Then we can sign a bunch of scrubs and overpay role players for a run at free agents next year.

I agree with that, however I feel like it we pay Jefferson 20 mil, get Dallas 13th pick along with Marion, that's a team that won't win anything. Then we can sign a bunch of scrubs and overpay role players for a run at free agents next year.

They won't win anything is true, the problem is, we are now trying to win the tanking championship. They take us out of that as well.

They won't win anything is true, the problem is, we are now trying to win the tanking championship. They take us out of that as well.

You really think a core of Jefferson, Marion and Horford plus a bunch of scrubs isn't a lottery team. Now that I look at it maybe it isn't Edited by nathan2331

You really think a core of Jefferson, Marion and Horford plus a bunch of scrubs isn't a lottery team. Now that I look at it maybe it isn't

Bottom tier eastern conference playoff team or a late lottery team isn't good enough. You have to be a bad team. In order to be bad, you have to have Al around a cast of scrubs, not overpaid vet role players.

LOL @ people really dogging Al Jefferson . . . when he's one of the best post scorers in the game today.

The reason why those Utah teams haven't done much but be barely in, or right outside of the playoffs, is because their guards SUCK.

Their frontline of Jefferson and Millsap, is actually the strength of their team, not the weakness.

I don't know why some of you are acting like this dude is some sort of scrub or cancer. He's easily a top 30 player in this league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJOy5oaxHdw

You team him up with another top 30 player, and that team is NOT going to the lottery. That's why if you're going to "tank", you BETTER get rid of Horford, and construct a team full of D-Leauge guys. May have to even opt not to re-sign Ivan or Mike Scott. Trade Jenkins too while you're at it.

Get the most inefficient team you possibly can here . . then miss out on the #1 pick and Wiggins . . then wonder why we can't get even mediocre free agents to come here, just like they won't go to Charlotte or Sacramento.

Get the most inefficient team you possibly can here.

Well, big Al Jeff would be a start there.

In all seriousness, though, we would obviously make the playoffs with Al Jefferson on board. We'd get swept in the first round probably, but sure. He's not top 30 though. Top 50 more like it. He's barely a top 10 center

LOL @ people really dogging Al Jefferson . . . when he's one of the best post scorers in the game today.

The reason why those Utah teams haven't done much but be barely in, or right outside of the playoffs, is because their guards SUCK.

Their frontline of Jefferson and Millsap, is actually the strength of their team, not the weakness.

I don't know why some of you are acting like this dude is some sort of scrub or cancer. He's easily a top 30 player in this league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJOy5oaxHdw

You team him up with another top 30 player, and that team is NOT going to the lottery. That's why if you're going to "tank", you BETTER get rid of Horford, and construct a team full of D-Leauge guys. May have to even opt not to re-sign Ivan or Mike Scott. Trade Jenkins too while you're at it.

Get the most inefficient team you possibly can here . . then miss out on the #1 pick and Wiggins . . then wonder why we can't get even mediocre free agents to come here, just like they won't go to Charlotte or Sacramento.

Your unnatural obsession with Al Jefferson is unattractive. He needs a true center who can score in the paint and protect the rim to play next to. He needs what we do not have yet you want to bring Utah East here. No. That's a bad plan and it keeps us in the middle unless you want to be in the middle?

you cant have defense wins games in your sig then try to promote al jefferson.

He's just trying to come up with something that makes the Hawks attractive without tanking. Sometimes in fans mind something is better than nothing but this isn't the NFL. In the NBA, this is a star driven league, then an asset league. Right now, our only assets are Horford, Teague, Smoove. Once Jeff and Josh is gone. We only have one asset. Look at a team like Toronto. They have six assets. DD, Rudy, Ross, Val, Lowry, and Amir. We only have three and once two are gone, we have one. We are a prime target for what you call overachievers. The only team with less assets is Charlotte which really isn't less, they have three assets too. They have MKG, Kemba, and Biyombo.

We are a joke man. A big joke. We have a perfect build for two superstars but I don't even think we are in the top 3 for just D12 alone. LAL, Houston and Dallas is better off then us for just D12. We need to be real with ourselves. Tanking isn't that bad if you do it right like Orlando did it when they got Shaq and then Penny.

Your unnatural obsession with Al Jefferson is unattractive lmao ...oh u guys keep me young..I love it...sometimes we fall in love with players..weather it's Al Jefferson or OJ Mayo (cough cough)... Awesome awesome moments here on hawksquawk

• Moderators

Jefferson + Horford = a lane that gets penetrated more than a hot chick in a brothel. Seriously, that would be one of the worst defensive front court duos in the league especially with Smoove out of the picture and a Teague/Jenkins/Lou rotation in our back court. At least a free agent like Bynum or a draftee like Withey plays defense. The first thing Coach Bud preached was defense and Snyder is a defense first guy. Danny talks about being constant contact with his coaching staff and trying to get the basketball right. Jefferson just doesn't do any of that for us especially at the price he'll demand.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1