Official Al Jefferson thread

Chinky_eyed_hawk

Been hearing this one more and more lately: Rising sense out there that Jazz might simply let big man Al Jefferson walk in free agency http://po.st/CjW91G via @po_st

I am all aboard this train of thought!!! Give me Al, two defensive/pass minded big men in the the draft, and our front court would be set for years. Save the rest of the money to fill out roster and make bigger play along FA in the future. Would be even sweeter if we acquire a higher/lower pick than ours to ensure we acquire two bigs and two swing players in the draft I would consider this the best off season the hawks have had in a long time.

Well since the Hawks are not going to get either Howard or CP3.. I guess we have no choice but sign some players just so the Hawks can some-what compete. Without a star player, Hawks are not going anywhere.

Dude two teams without a major star were in the conference finals and at this point the only real "star" on the spurs is pops. The nba is a changing my friend and the heat model is on the way out of the door.

Al J is getting 15+.

You really think he will get 15 to 16 starting on this new deal? I am talking about what Al will cost us next season vs what JJ would have cost us next season. You miss JJ, you miss his deal also.

He is a top 10 rebounder.He is top 5 center offensively which is something the hawks have never. For a team that won't have a star, points will be a commodity. having both the Als would give us the highest scoring front court in the league. Not being 7 foot doesn't take away from what this duo could accomplish

What more do you want from a quality big? He may not be the best answer defensively but when you are in the position the hawks are in, you can find another player to give your blocks.

• Like 2

You really think he will get 15 to 16 starting on this new deal? I am talking about what Al will cost us next season vs what JJ would have cost us next season. You miss JJ, you miss his deal also.

I don't miss JJ because Al Jefferson isn't a Hawk yet.