Official "What Are We Doing Tonight?" squawkers' prediction thread

sturt

• Premium Member

Be specific. There's no glory in ambiguity, boys and girls. :D

We could send our picks for a vet who is on the trading block and who would have enough game to possibly appeal to DH. But I don't think DF's going to take that risk at this point... it's not often you get two #1s in any draft, and I think DF is going to use those resources as prudently as possible.

So, I'm going to say Adetokunbo.

And I'm going to take a flier and say the other pick and Lou Williams to New Orleans for Eric Gordon.

• Premium Member

OK. I will play.

Here's what I think we're doing:

We're going to send John Jenkins and #17 to Minny for #9.. where we will take DA POPE!!!

Minny has no problem making this trade because they get depth and they can easily get Crabbe at 17. I think they really want Crabbe but don't want to get him early. For them Pope would be nice, but they would probably prefer a cheaper shooter in Crabbe.

I think at 18, we take Sergey Karasev.

19 year old russian SF who wanna be the next Dražen Petrović without the deadly drive. Dirk at 6'7".

I think in the second round, Vitalis Chikok -Germany.

I think this pick is a peak that has value and keeps the money overseas for a minute.

Last pick similar to the 3rd... Janis Timma

A money saving move that gives us a value player. Timma wants to come to Atlanta and I think Ferry would like to see him here for camp.

So in the end, I believe we pick up one blue chipper and three internationals with lots of potential in hopes of saving money and being able to go after the big names.

• Like 1

So in the end, I believe we pick up one blue chipper and three internationals with lots of potential in hopes of saving money and being able to go after the big names.

I was thinking maybe heavy on the Euros also...depends on what the F/A plans are I suppose.

I wonder if BK has a twitter account?

C and a wing.Dieng and Franklin, Bullock or Snell..........assuming Karesev and Gianni's are taken and Dieng passed the physical. If Dieng's knees failed the physical then look for Withey and a wing.I expect Kelly in Rd 2. And a draft and stash Euro.

Edited by coachx

NBA Draft Prospect of the Week: Lucas Nogueira
May 27, 2013
Scouting Report by Jonathan Givony. Video Analysis by Mike Schmitz

Three years after emerging on the NBA radar screen at the U18 FIBA Americas Championship in San Antonio, Lucas Nogueira has finally taken a major step forward in beginning to capitalize on his significant potential playing for Estudiantes Madrid. The Brazilian 7-footer played a solid role for an overachieving team in the Spanish ACB, emerging as the one of the league's top offensive rebounders and shot-blockers.

“Bebe,” as he's widely known, has improved physically and is finally starting to grow into the terrific frame NBA scouts fell in love with in San Antonio. He's still very much on the lanky side but is as mobile a 7-footer as you'll find on this side of the ocean, running the court incredibly well, getting off the floor in the blink of an eye, and using his gigantic 7-5 wingspan to his impact the game significantly on the defensive end in particular.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2XTI4UvIq
http://www.draftexpress.com

NBA Draft Prospect of the Week: Lucas Nogueira

May 27, 2013

Scouting Report by Jonathan Givony. Video Analysis by Mike Schmitz

Three years after emerging on the NBA radar screen at the U18 FIBA Americas Championship in San Antonio, Lucas Nogueira has finally taken a major step forward in beginning to capitalize on his significant potential playing for Estudiantes Madrid. The Brazilian 7-footer played a solid role for an overachieving team in the Spanish ACB, emerging as the one of the league's top offensive rebounders and shot-blockers.

“Bebe,” as he's widely known, has improved physically and is finally starting to grow into the terrific frame NBA scouts fell in love with in San Antonio. He's still very much on the lanky side but is as mobile a 7-footer as you'll find on this side of the ocean, running the court incredibly well, getting off the floor in the blink of an eye, and using his gigantic 7-5 wingspan to his impact the game significantly on the defensive end in particular.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2XTI4UvIq

http://www.draftexpress.com

I had forgotten that the U18 FIBA Championships were played in San Antonio in 2010. Danny Ferry was with the Spurs back then, and you can bet that he was probably scouting that tournament. He has probably had his eye on Nogueira since then.

In that FIBA America's championshi, Nogueira averaged 15.4 PPG, 10.0 RPG, and 5.4 BPG against the likes of Tony Mitchell, Quincy Miller, and Patric Young. He also shot 72% from the field. He was a dominant big man....the most dominant big man at the U18 FIBA Americas championship.

Yep this guy is our Joakim Noah, with better shot blocking and athleticism. Combine that with our Rajon Rondo-esque Schroer, witha better shot, and we've got a damn good start to building a tremendously athletic team that can really defend. Both of our 1st round picks are elite defenders for their position. I LOVE this!!