• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard considered Mike Budenholzer impressive during presentation

GameTime

The fact that he is impressed with our coach (Mark Jackson doesn't count unless LA wants to do a sign-n-trade) is HUGE. Even the doubters have to say it ups our chances from 0% to at least 10%. He likes the coach now we need to give him some more talent. With our cap situation we can do that. I'm sure Ferry is working the phones and/or speaking with players as we speak.

FINALLY WE HEAR SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT THE HAWKS ABOUT DWIGHT

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

Howard has stated that he wants the Rockets to go out and get another superstar but they won't be able to sign another superstar because they had to unload multiple veterans via trade or out right releases just to clear the space to sign Howard. If Howard goes to Houston, he won't have a snowball's chance in **** of winning a championship. The Rockets released Aaron Brooks, Carlos Delfino, and have traded Thomas Robinson. Again, this was necessary to JUST sign Howard to a max contract. They won't have any room to sign another superstar..Atlanta on the other hand WILL have the money to sign another superstar to go with Howard and Horford. I don't know who that superstar would be, but if it's Josh Smith, then I would like to see Howard not in a Hawks uniform. I don't want Josh Smith in a Hawks uniform unless he changes his game up. With Howard at 5, Horford at 4, and Smith at 3, we would be looking at one of, if not the best defensive team in the league. They would also be one of the best rebounding teams IF Josh Smith plays to his strengths and stays down low. We would need some VERY good shooters though at the Guards. Horford has a good mid range jumper, but Smith misses way more than he makes. It could make for a very interesting season if Howard signs with the Hawks.

Howard has stated that he wants the Rockets to go out and get another superstar but they won't be able to sign another superstar because they had to unload multiple veterans via trade or out right releases just to clear the space to sign Howard. If Howard goes to Houston, he won't have a snowball's chance in **** of winning a championship. The Rockets released Aaron Brooks, Carlos Delfino, and have traded Thomas Robinson. Again, this was necessary to JUST sign Howard to a max contract. They won't have any room to sign another superstar..Atlanta on the other hand WILL have the money to sign another superstar to go with Howard and Horford. I don't know who that superstar would be, but if it's Josh Smith, then I would like to see Howard not in a Hawks uniform. I don't want Josh Smith in a Hawks uniform unless he changes his game up. With Howard at 5, Horford at 4, and Smith at 3, we would be looking at one of, if not the best defensive team in the league. They would also be one of the best rebounding teams IF Josh Smith plays to his strengths and stays down low. We would need some VERY good shooters though at the Guards. Horford has a good mid range jumper, but Smith misses way more than he makes. It could make for a very interesting season if Howard signs with the Hawks.

Josh will not play down low with Dwight or anyone else. Dwight doesn't need post players with him. He need shooters to spread the floor. I am not 100% against Josh at the 3 because I think our defense and Dwight and Al's ability to grab offensive boards will help offset some of those missed jumpers, but if our thoughts are Josh will all of a sudden start playing in the post because of a new coach or whatever, we need to get that thought out of our heads. At best, Bud can show Josh how he will get plenty of points using his athletic ability as a cutter in a good ball movement system. Josh will be a defensive stud at the 3 on that team IMO, but his offensive game will not change automatically in it either. If we sign that team, we will lead the league in lowest FT %, but we'll also quite possibly lead the league in fewest PPG allowed, blocks, and Opponent FG% since teams will have to be jump shooters against that trio.

• Like 1

How do you get that? Monta more than Al. Wtf

Dwight Howard Wants Andre Iguodala, Monta Ellis or Josh Smith in Orlando?

According to Hoopsworld, Dwight Howard gave the Orlando Magic a list of players he’d like to play with: “The Magic could add Chris Paul, LeBron James and Kobe Bryant and Dwight would still not sign an extension, not because he doesn’t want to be in Orlando, but because under the new collective bargaining agreement it would be a horribly bad business decision. The new CBA allows veteran players to extend their deal to a maximum of four years, meaning at no time can your extension push you past four guaranteed years. Dwight has two more years on his contract with the Magic, with an option coming this summer. As of today, Dwight can only sign a two-year extension with the Magic, as this season and next would count towards the four allowed. Next summer Dwight (and Chris Paul and Deron Williams) could opt out and sign a new contract for five years. BY waiting until July, Dwight can sign for two more years than he can sign for now. So there will be no extension for Dwight. That said, the league’s best center by far still very much wants to be in Orlando, and he is willing to give them every opportunity to keep him. What that means to Dwight is that he wants the Magic to be contenders, and to that end Orlando has a short list of players they would like to add in an effort to return to contention. Atlanta’s Josh Smith, Philadelphia’s Andre Iguodala and Golden State’s Monta Ellis are on that list.”

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Of course its dumb but its what DWIGHT WANTS ..So if Dwight says Ill come to Atlanta I want Monta and Josh ..Hawks would then have to move Horford to create some cap room to make it happen and do you give in to what Dwight wants

Dwight Howard Wants Andre Iguodala, Monta Ellis or Josh Smith in Orlando?

According to Hoopsworld, Dwight Howard gave the Orlando Magic a list of players he’d like to play with: “The Magic could add Chris Paul, LeBron James and Kobe Bryant and Dwight would still not sign an extension, not because he doesn’t want to be in Orlando, but because under the new collective bargaining agreement it would be a horribly bad business decision. The new CBA allows veteran players to extend their deal to a maximum of four years, meaning at no time can your extension push you past four guaranteed years. Dwight has two more years on his contract with the Magic, with an option coming this summer. As of today, Dwight can only sign a two-year extension with the Magic, as this season and next would count towards the four allowed. Next summer Dwight (and Chris Paul and Deron Williams) could opt out and sign a new contract for five years. BY waiting until July, Dwight can sign for two more years than he can sign for now. So there will be no extension for Dwight. That said, the league’s best center by far still very much wants to be in Orlando, and he is willing to give them every opportunity to keep him. What that means to Dwight is that he wants the Magic to be contenders, and to that end Orlando has a short list of players they would like to add in an effort to return to contention. Atlanta’s Josh Smith, Philadelphia’s Andre Iguodala and Golden State’s Monta Ellis are on that list.”

To be fair, that is an old article. Monta was putting up better numbers when that was written than he did last season in Milwaukee. He's still a trigger happy chucker, but he just finished arguably his worst season as a pro. If you wanted to use that article as a basis, you could essentially say we'd trade Horford and it would be AI, Josh and D12 since AI was listed. We need to be careful taking things said in 2 year old articles as the case today.

At the time that was written, I believe it was near the trade deadline and those players were all rumored to be available. Dwight was probably trying to get Orlando to bring in players who were available that he thought would improve their team. Replace Brandon Bass with Josh Smith and yeah, that's an improvement. Replace a broken down Hedo with AI. Definitely an improvement. Replace Jason Richardson or JJ Reddick with Monta Ellis (who was scoring nearly 20ppg at that time) and that's an improvement. It's all about perspective.