• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

*2013* Update: Hawks have agreed to deal with Paul Millsap

Admin

• Premium Member

Actually the Spurs absolutely tanked to get Duncan. They intentionally did not even fill out a full roster and brought back an ancient Nique to be their best player. They knew what they were doing and it worked.

Bulls and Pistons were bad teams that drafted superstars and it worked. The Lakers basically did the same thing with Kobe because he told everyone he was only ever going to play for the Lakers so Charlotte had to trade him.

As I recall, it was less tanking, and more simply the fact that they lost David Robinson to injury for an entire season. Certainly, those don't have to be mutually exclusive reasons, but losing the Admiral led to the whole opportunity.

As I recall, it was less tanking, and more simply the fact that they lost David Robinson to injury for an entire season. Certainly, those don't have to be mutually exclusive reasons, but losing the Admiral led to the whole opportunity.

I think they also lost Sean Elliot for the season as well.

According to the Jazz fans chiming in on Peachtree Hoops, Millsap played a lot of SF, and played it well.

Why not try out Millsap/Horford/(Another Big) for our frontcourt?

Hell, if it doesn't work -- YAY LOOK EVERYONE WE'RE TANKING LIKE CHAMPS

• Like 2

According to the Jazz fans chiming in on Peachtree Hoops, Millsap played a lot of SF, and played it well.

Millsap played a whopping total 3% of the Jazz's minutes at SF last year. In that time he had a NET PER of 1.0.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12UTA11.HTM

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Seems reasonable to me. DF always spoke very positively as I recall about how he liked being able to go with both big and small line-ups, and having Millsap/Horford/Asik would accomplish that.

I dunno, I was a fan of the 3-bigs lineup we ran out there last year with Smith/Horf/Zaza, even though Zaza is not exactly starter material, and Josh has his well-documented issues at the 3. Could it honestly be worse with Millsap/Horf/Asik if it came to it?

I really don't see the point of pigeonholing players into a position. The game is more fluid these days. Not to say I see the Hawks using many lineups with three bigs, but I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it.

Agreed I really would love to see the Hawks try some advanced stuff to see if that's a better way to win a title than #tankandmissoutonwiggins/parkerbecausesomehowthecelticsandlakerspicked1&2

This is tough man. But I decided a month ago, if we decide to prolong the rebuild in the deepest draft class since Michael Jordan, I can't support this team anymore. I know the anti-tankers are like HELL YEAH, FU*K OUTTA HERE, YOU ARE NOT A TRUE FAN!!! But I am a true fan. I got my name on another site for stanning the Hawks and I am getting killed for CP3/D12 signing with other teams not signing with the Hawks. People dancing, laughing, having a field day and calling me delusional. I said, if I lose hope, I should have never been a Hawks fan from Day 1. The one thing I had is my hope even when I was the only one. Well, I don't have hope anymore. I feel empty with this team. I was way too invested emotionally to this team anyway. I am not invested to the Falcons or Braves the way I am emotionally invested in the Hawks. People from other teams like, it's the f**king Hawks, they are dumbasses. They are used to being losers and getting no respect. I used to argue it but now agree, they are.

Posted Image

I rock with 'Sap. Plays smart and rebounds with his heart. I just want to see sound basketball. I'm smart enough to know that LeBron in a contract year spells doom for the rest of the NBA in terms of championship hopes. I'm confident our contender will flesh itself out next year. Until then, I'll enjoy this hard-working, smart team with young, coachable players with upside. As long as Josh is gone I'm good. Sign Asik and Jeff to reasonable deals I'll be much better. Lets Go. Dwight Lovers and quick fix, "I-want-a-contender-overnight" types stay behind, as if anyone in reputable basketball circles would value your opinion over Danny Ferry's anyway.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

A lot of you guys are ridiculous. Millsap is a great player, better than Josh overall IMHO. We didn't get Howard so what the hell were we supposed to do??? not sign anyone? We still need to field a team out there and Millsap is at least an upgrade over what we had at PF last year. People acting like Al playing C is a disaster, the dude has better stats for his career playing at C than at PF, and averaged 17 and 10 last season playing Center the vast majority of the time. Millsap + Horford will be one of the premiere frontlines in the NBA, and both signed at reasonable deals.

• Like 2

Sorry but Milsap isn't a great player. Many here like him for various reasons and are ok with this signing, but if the goal is a title or atleast a title run then i hope there are some much better moves on the horizon.If this is an Ivan upgrade then I'm fine with it.

An Ivan upgrade? You obviously have not seen Millsap play...I know we are disappointed that we didn't get Howard but come on man...Millsap is a great addition and like Coach Dale said in Hoosiers..."I hope we can get behind who we are...Not who we are not!" Absolutely zero comparison between the two players...